Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

QPR V NORWICH matchthread

20 mins in and we haven''t managed a meaningful effort on target.  Hux and Martin offering little threat.  You can see why we are having trouble with scoring - it all looks relatively comfortable until we get into the final third of the pitch.

since my last post its got worse. Lappin cant stay on his feet, Ostemo whatsit is incapable of passing to a team mate, Martin is totally lost, Russell and Jarvis have hardly been mentioned. We are crap.

Dublin just put a header over. Delia looks like shes had a few sherries.

Dreadful, beyond belief.

GRANT OUT

We are absolutely rubbish. get the bloody ball down on the ground and string more than two bloody passes together. Patience wearing very thin now. Ridiculous.

For those who continually moan about Brown, can you really tell me he is worse than our current front line? get him on and if we will play Huckerby then it should be on the wing. I wish all the players put in as much effort as Croft. We really do look like we are lacking in confidence, surely these players are better than this.

Considering this qpr team is pretty damn awful they are running the show....!

Is it always like this? Im watching on illegal chinese internet from lima, peru....

a few things i picked up so far....

QPR...... forwards,,always making runs, showing for the ball. pulling shacks and dion all over the place....

Hucks.....if he does make a run hes offside. martin....static.

QPR wingers.....making a real effort especially their 25....getting down to byline trying to get good balls in.

Our "wingers"....do they know what a byline is?! Hanging in 35yard crosses is not going to work. Agreed Croft has looked ok, but he also looks like hes unable to reach the byline......is he in the M.Rivers brand of 20 Lambert and butlers at hlaf time?! Why is his fitness so poor?!

Agreed we need a playmaker but can our 2 central midfielders pass the ball in a forwards direction?!?! Ok...to be creative u need a creative run up front to pass to.....

Difficult to know who to blame.....forwards for being lazy or midfield for not looking?!?!

Think im gonna stick to the fact that they are all playing tosh at the moment.....?!?!

Shocking, the whole team has no confidence.  They look like sunday league players just hoofing the ball and hoping.At the end of the 1st half, Delia was clapping and smiling......if she can smile after watching that then we really are in trouble, she clearly enjoyed it.  Lappin is a hoofball addict, all of his passes are just aimless and towards no-one.  We could play this game until next week and still not score, unless something changes.    Oh wait, he''ll probably bring brown on to solve that problem.

Yawn, yawn, yawn...  [S]

Bill Punton says that "he saw a better game at Wroxham on Saturday from a football point of view"

That says it all really doesn''t it???

C''mon QPR!!!!

[quote user="Vern from Sky TV"]We are absolutely rubbish. get the bloody ball down on the ground and string more than two bloody passes together. Patience wearing very thin now. Ridiculous.[/quote]

quote from Gary Birtles on the commentary about us - "i haven''t seen so many aimless long balls played forward for a long time.  Football shouldn''t be like this".  Hard to disagree with him on the evidence of the first half.

Only bright spot is that QPR look even worse than us [:|]

Luckily, on this evidence, Rowan Vine makes Robert Rosario look like Péle.

Remember, this squad was one of the favourites for promotion.  We are playing dinosaur football... hoof it long and cross your fingers.  Huckerby''s been picked as a striker - I presume - it seemed to take him 20 minutes to realise he wasn''t playing on the left wing.

Lappin is having a shocker, nobody''s doing particularly well except Croft who''s probably averaging about 7/10, and I am watching it from the sofa with a glass of red wine and a familiar sense of perpetual despair.  One consolation was the half-time shot of Delia packing her handbag... could it be?

I think we can get something from this game, but that''s only because QPR are rubbish apart from Ephrahim who looks quite tasty.  19 years old, a loan signing from West Ham - Peter Grant, any thoughts on that?

it is pretty unbelievably awful.  seriously...its like if we got 11 players off this board we''d do better.cant pass to each othercant run well off the ballhux cant beat the offside trap when he''s clearly faster and doesn''t need to play so close to the linemartin cant stay on his feetits a negative formation coz hux keeps going wideif grant doesn''t bring on strihavka, take off lappin, put hux out left and go for proper 4-4-2, he''s just not got the bottle to go for it.this is just awful.  it''s worse than the last time we were on sky.so embarrassing.  in the 28 years i''ve supported norwich, it has never, ever been this bad.

My hlf time views:-

What a load of complete and utter rubbish. No Ideas, No Creativity and once again poor formations! Huckerby wants to be on the left leaving Martin isolated, and as for continuously lumping it up to Hucks and Martin ,what a joke. We are embarresing. We''ve had 2 attempts, wahoo and thats if you include Otsemobor''s pathetic backpass to camp in goal!

Otsemobor worries me, he seems incapable of marking, drury, Dublin and S hackall in particular have been solid, as has Marshall. Unfortunately our midfield is abysmal with no creativity whatsoever, Lappin has been atrocious and must think we''re playing in blue and white for the amount of times he''s given the ball away. Russel''s worked hard, but as been poor with no quality, while Rossi J has been inaffective. Croft Runs as well, but has no end product and panics, as seen by that awful touch of his where we contrived to concede a throw when having them under pressure. As for Hucks and Martin, Poor formation, poor servie, it aint going to happen.

Even if we did win this game, i wouldnt be optomistic or that happy.

GRANT OUT

Naomi Campbell is at the match. Must be a publicity stunt cos I am sure that thickett knows nothing about football. She probably knows less than Neil Doncaster

shockingly miserable stuff.....in last 4 days been scammed twice on fake money and dodgy coke deals, had me camera knicked last night on the bus and now....... now...............

to top it all off i have to watch this?!?!?!?

Hoping no one else is feeling quite as suicidal at the moment but bloody hell.....i reckon you´re all worse if u get to watch this EVERY week :O

[quote user="Vern from Sky TV"] Naomi Campbell is at the match. Must be a publicity stunt cos I am sure that thickett knows nothing about football. She probably knows less than Neil Doncaster[/quote]

..but probably still more than Grant...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

GO GRANTY GO

Many thanks to the bar woman in my local pub who refused to put this game on the tv tonight.  I have arrived home to catch up on the ''score'' and reading these comments i am so so glad i am not being sniggered at by yoofs in the bar whilst pointing to my NCFC shirt.

Even the BBC text is boring me more than usual..... zzzzzzz

0-0 is the best we can hope for.

It just shows how poor this team is. Wake up everybody, relegation is looming large.