Sign in to follow this  
Vern

I RECKON HE IS OFF

Just heard Peter Grant on Radio Norfolk. He is going to think about if he wants to stay or go. What he really means is " The board told me before this game that if I lose I will be off, so I am making out I am doing the right thing when really I would love to stay"

If we do not sack him it will show how truly inept this board is.

Screw the money and make a decision that shows balls and sack the fool that took us bottom.

There are better managers unemployed at the moment than this shower of crap that we have dished up as the leader of our so called football team

Utter dross and when you think it cannot get worse we yet again roll over to a useless team of no hopers. How far do we need to go before one of the feckless idiots who fill the board do something useful

We are the worst I have known in my years of supporting Norwich

I feel bad for him really. I agree he (and the board) must definately go but he clearly wanted it to work (as I''m sure we all did) but its not gone that way. Its a shame but I''m sure there''s a league 1 or league 2 team who would want him and give him the gradual progress he needs towards becoming a decent manager. But at this moment in time the championship is too much for him.

When you do go Grant, I hope you have more success elsewhere but you must go now I''m afraid.

I reckon the club will announce with regret his "departure by mutual consent" sometime between now and wednesday.

Grant will be a GREAT manager for a good clubhe will walk and we will lose outwhy ?simple answer HUCKS a big player causing problems for this club and not willing to play for him

bring Luka Vialli plsssssssssssss

We need big name with big selfconfidence to turn this jokers to play football.

Today all players looked like come to field just after make this A11 trip to Loftus Road walking ......

Paul Jewell is ideal too but I not belived that he will find reason to go there.

he will be off in the morning, who ever takes has the foundations.

we do have the joint 4th best defensive record in the league, scoring is the problem.

if we had scored 6 or 7 more goals, we''d be in the top three!!!

crooky and bowen, with perhaps dave williams to come out of retirement!!!!

problem is the board balls it up by giving  a 3 year contract to an unproven manager , while the scum were sensible and only gave madge a 1 year rolling contact .

Grant has not said he is off only that he will consider his possition!  What happens if he decides it is the players fault, drops Hucks and a few more and plays the kids and fringe players? He is on a contract and might wait until he is pushed.

[quote user="yoda"]problem is the board balls it up by giving  a 3 year contract to an unproven manager , while the scum were sensible and only gave madge a 1 year rolling contact .[/quote]Very wise words, Yoda. Who''d have thought it? ;)

"if we had scored 6 or 7 more goals, we''d be in the top three!!!"If we''d won every game last season we''d be in the PremiershipIf we''d won every game this season in the Premiership we''d be in the Champions League positionsIf....If....If....[:$]

[quote user="gunnsdoppellganger"]

If we do not sack him it will show how truly inept this board is.

Screw the money and make a decision that shows balls and sack the fool that took us bottom.

There are better managers unemployed at the moment than this shower of crap that we have dished up as the leader of our so called football team

Utter dross and when you think it cannot get worse we yet again roll over to a useless team of no hopers. How far do we need to go before one of the feckless idiots who fill the board do something useful

We are the worst I have known in my years of supporting Norwich

[/quote]

That''s a little harsh. I don''t think the bloke is a ''fool'' because he was offered a reasonable amount of money to cut his managerial teeth in the Championship...How would that make him a fool?? He''s been assistant manager in the Premiership so how can you blame the chap for having a crack on his own?. It simply hasn''t worked out...No need to get personal about the bloke ffs, I''m sure Peter Grant has tried his very best. A shame, and I fully admit to having held high hopes for him.

[quote user="BARMY ARMY"]Grant will be a GREAT manager for a good club

he will walk and we will lose out

why ?

simple answer HUCKS

a big player causing problems for this club and not willing to play for him
[/quote]

You may well have a point regarding Huckerby but Peter Grant needs to take a good hard look in the mirror too......

Not only has he taken to publicly critisizing virtually every first team player at one time or another - great for confidence and morale- but some of his gripes are truly laughable, eg, having a go at Jamie Cureton for not passing the ball to a better placed colleague when he was on a hat-trick and the team''s 5-0 up !!

It may well be Peter Grant WILL become become a good manager but if his man management skills employed at Norwich are anything to go by then I doubt it. 

Its a real shame its got this far as he could have done a good job. I''ve just returned from the game (now living in London) and I''ve rarely seen such an inept performance so bereft of ideas and confidence.

Any good Grant signings except for Marshall? Lappin looks so out of his depth at this division, Murray was awful when he came on, and Ostemobor looks like rivalling Dean Coney as the worst NCFC player ever.

Grant has to go. He was a crap player for us and an even worse manager.

it was a one year rolling contract that cost us 1 mill to dump worthygrant is not the problem it is hucks he has decided he will not play for him like he did for worthy so it is time for hucks to go as well

[quote user="yoda"]problem is the board balls it up by giving  a 3 year contract to an unproven manager , while the scum were sensible and only gave madge a 1 year rolling contact .[/quote]

....hang on a minute, that would be a 1-year rolling contract similar to that which they gave Worthy, and which they were slagged off big time for!  The saying "damned if they do, damned if they don''t", springs to mind!! 

You''d imagine that it is better for the club financially if PG walks rather than getting sacked, but who really knows the nuances of the contracts - you imagine he will leave by ''mutual consent'' and with a tidy sum.  One thing''s for sure, we sure as hell can''t keep paying up these managers'' notice periods, we are going to have to make damn sure we get the right guy this next time!  

A fair assessment Alex and my comments were made in the heat of last night having spotted that ''score''. I do not dislike Grant, I do not think he was the best choice for us at the time and I have never thought he would do it for us being honest. I think some of his managerial decisions have definately been foolish and lack experience. Not his fault I guess as he got picked and he does presumably do his best each week. It is just not good enough.

Some of my frustations are aimed at the board as they did choose him and have continued to back him when other clubs have recently have sacked better more experienced managers.