Sign in to follow this  
grinner

where are the new players

back in training ,one goalkeeper,one lone player,one midfielder.mmm.dont get me wrong but i think we will need at least 2/3 more players.back 4,who have we ready to fill in those positions.must admit lack of transfer dealings has me a wee bit concerned.

patience is a virtue,I''m sure Worthy has many irons in many fires if there isn''t futher signings in the next fortnight i''ll lick the snakepit clean after the palace match

Have they had some new doors installed there Peter? If so, I want to know if they have been funded out of our player budget or not!!!!!

The whole Bradford situation has out me into a reflective mood. The most important thing for Norwich to do this season is to secure the long term stability of the club. If you look at Div 1 & 2 its full of clubs who tried to live the dream, failed and are now in such financial mess that mediocraty is the best that they can hope for. (Sheff Wed, Ipswich, Leicester, Derby, Nottingham Forest, Coventry, West Ham, Sunderland, Wimbledon, Bradford, Leeds ect).

Grinner, you sound like an impatient kid on Xmas Eve demanding his presents.
Santa Worthy will deliver, now have some milk and buscuits and go to sleep!!

Turn to The Yellow Side.... thats a very good point, I want a club to support in the future and we must not gamble on bringing in players willy nilly on inflated salaries. We all know we need new blood but it takes time and personally I would rather wait and get the right people. It would be too easy to rush out and get bodies in, we need the right bodies

Well, look at it this way. This time last season who had we signed? And the players that turned our season around? Now I know we can''t get new players after 31 Aug, but you get my point.

Ama

Susie, the new revolving doors at Colney are the result of an NCFC employee reading Kathy''s troubles opening the door at Colney in her latest Bird''s Eye column ;oD

Then I can see exactly why they would want them, Peter, but who paid for them? Surely you didn''t have a whip-round in your office? Surely they''re not the reason why we now can''t afford to buy David Johnson? If so - buy more doors Worthy (and give all the mods at Archant a pay rise while you''re at it!)

completely agree with Turn to The Yellow Side but wouldn''t it be nice to get through those first few games of the season without losing all the confidence we have built

Yellow Side, I agree with you entirely. I''d rather have a team that we can support, even if it''s in the Fizzy League, without fear of administration or a crippling wage bill, than supporting one of the "great" teams - Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, etc. - who don''t know from week to week if they''re able to play the players'' wages. Look at the situation the "Scum" are now in. Do we want to go back to the days of the Chase era? I don''t think so.

Patience is the key, but one worrying factor will be if any new players fail to get in a proper pre season, we have seen what happens if not properly prepared e.g. Jim Brennan and Mulryne saying he never recovered from a poor pre season.

Spot on there yellow side,we''ve got to be realistic.I''m suprised at how many clubs are mentioned,it really brings it home just how close you can become to falling flat on your ass.

Actually, I think Peter has a point, it has happened several times that the players have gone through a gruelling pre - season training, gone away on tour for practice/teambuilding, played umpteen friendlies, and then a la Edworthy, turn up two days before the season starts and play in the first match. I know transfers can depend on many factors (in Crouch´s case, if Carlton Cole signs. Allbäck or Angell stay) , but doesnt this kind of defeat the object?

Worthy''s not stupid he won''t go out and buy players with huge wage bills. He''ll by quality players on who have a sensible wage. Take arsenal for example, ok yes I know they''re wage bill is bigger than ours, but, my point is, that none of their players earn over a certain amount. And they still manage bring in quality players and go the season unbeaten.

Actually that''s a good point, and part of what makes football so intriguing. Look at Man City, quite a few ''big names'' there but very little joy. Its how the players work as a team - i.e. the balance of attitudes, skills, strengths and weaknesses. A great manager is one who can achieve that balance. Any manager (you or I!!!) could play fantasy football with a big wad of cash, but I doubt we''d achieve much.

Ama