Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

the fall guy

If we lose tonight then its pretty likely Grant will get the Sack... HOWEVER dont let the board come up smelling of roses... they have contributed to this mess as much as any manager or player have.

Peter Grant will be set up as a fall guy, as the club comes out with "we made a mistake" or "we must act fast to get an experianced manager in" dont buy it for a second... this club will only head in the wrong direction of the present regime continue to make the mistakes they have done!

they probably have the press conference/excuse already written... Lets see how they hang Grant out to Dry shall we?

I hope we win and that he sticks 2 fingers up at them!

jas :)

With a post like this you can''t lose. 

If City lose and PG is sacked you blame the board.  What for?  They appointed the manager in good faith, and if anyone describes him as the ''cheap option'' could you back this up with some verifiable financial data, supported him as far as is realistically possible in these financially constrained times and have not criticised him openly despite a poor start to the season. 

PG talked the talk at the start of his reign.  He would not play unfit players, players out of position, would give youth a chance on merit and encourage his players to play without fear.  He has backtracked on all of this in the past 12 months, possibly due to a lack of managerial experience but surely he was aware of the pressures as an assistant?

If City win and PG presumably stays you can join him in a two fingered salute to the doubters.

Me, I hope we win, as I do every game.  We have not consistently played well under the current managerial regime but I do not feel the time is right for change yet.  PG is still learning, a process that all good managers continually go through.  It will cost us a lot to replace him and we will rapidly become a ''hire and fire at will'' type of club.  Do you expect all managers of teams in the bottom areas of the table to be fired?  I am not happy with the situation but would urge caution at the moment.  No-one can guarantee success at any level.

i re-iterate what i said above.. DO NOT let the board come out of this smelling of roses.. they are equally to blame here.. they should be ashamed of themselves!

jas :)

There''s no excuse for any self-respecting Norwich fan not to wake up and realise that it''s 1995 all over again.  If you don''t remember 1995 you''ll have to take my word for it.  The only difference is that this board are better at covering their tracks with spin, and there are far too many fans who refuse to believe that lightning can strike twice despite all the evidence to the contrary. 

They''ve run up huge debts on inessentials and continue to borrow despite recognising that "the debt is higher than they would like it to be".  They''ve sold players and not reinvested the proceeds in the team, and if you keep doing that season after season there''s only going to be one outcome.  It doesn''t take a genius to work that out, surely?

This has been coming for at least two years.  Last season sacking Worthy was supposed to be the magic solution.  Peter Grant''s time is almost certainly up, but if you think anything much is going to change unless the board go too, you''re in a world of your own.