Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Real Fans...........

Imo the real fans are the ones that support the club through thick and thin not the team.....so to all those who have shot me down and others on here [smudge,ricky..ect ect] for boycotting games for the long term good of the club, maybe now you should take a look at whats happened and join the boycott. Talk with our feet and lets get change all across and all the way to the top. We done it before we can do it again. I believe we can still attract investment into this club and we can play a part in this by making it nationwide news that the fans are unhappy with a board that lack the fans ambitions and expectations. WE CAN STILL SAVE OUR GREAT CLUB. Lets bring back great days at our Carrow Road.

You can''t judge whether somebody is a real fan or not just by their reaction to our current plight, it''s way more complicated than that.

For what it''s worth I think a boycott is a decent idea, block upon block of empty seats would send a strong message to the board. However, as I don''t have a season ticket it''s not my decision to make and I can understand why people still want to turn up and support the team.

The constant attempts by youself, and others, to seperate our support into ''real fans'' and ''Johnny/Jemima come latelys'' is helping nobody IMO.

I have some agreement with you here Arthur.

I gave up my season ticket in 2006 and this season CHOOSE to go to the first three games, it was poor and I have declined to go ever since.

Along with MM I think I am one of the longest standing advocates of a short term mass boycott. If this was done we would have only a short term pain rather than the usual Norwich City style atrition.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

You can''t judge whether somebody is a real fan or not just by their reaction to our current plight, it''s way more complicated than that.

For what it''s worth I think a boycott is a decent idea, block upon block of empty seats would send a strong message to the board. However, as I don''t have a season ticket it''s not my decision to make and I can understand why people still want to turn up and support the team.

The constant attempts by youself, and others, to seperate our support into ''real fans'' and ''Johnny/Jemima come latelys'' is helping nobody IMO.

[/quote]

No its not my place to judge fans that is why i made a point in saying it was my opinion of what a true fan is and that is why ive used Smudger and co as other examples. I believe there are those fans at CR at the moment who really couldnt give a hoot about our predictament and to suggest otherwise is naive. This is a rallying call to like minded people and not a gun to anybodys head.