Sign in to follow this  
Graham Humphrey

Who do we THINK will take over if/when Grant leaves?

We all want someone like Paul Jewell, Martin Allen etc. to take over, but who do you think the board are going to appoint as manager?

It''ll be Jim Duffy won''t it?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

We all want someone like Paul Jewell, Martin Allen etc. to take over, but who do you think the board are going to appoint as manager?

[/quote]

If it is then they really have lost it, haven''t they ?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[/quote]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep but I wouldn''t put it past them.

It certainly makes sense for Duffy to be ''caretaker'', why not?  It''d be no different to QPR''s situation, and their performances have improved by loads (according to those around me at the game tonight)

For you to suggest we want someone like Martin Allen is way off target.  I certainly don''t, not if you want us to play the ''Norwich'' way. He is not the answer.  There are several others - Jewel (as mentioned, a much better option!), or even Peter Taylor (can only think Simon Jordan gets too involved, he is a good manager).  The problem, however, is not who we want in the job, but who would actually want it.

I would love to see either Paul Jewell or Neil Warnock take over as manger but I just don''t think either will be interested in the job. Martin Allen on the other hand I wouldn''t completely rule out, given what happend between himself and Mandaric at Leicester, I think he''s out to prove a point ASAP, a Championship club like Norwich might just tempt him into a return as manager at Champioship level. Yets hope so

Only Jewell or, and it hurts me to say this, Neil Warnock are up to it!

Anything else will be papering over the cracks!

Unfortunately, the current board''s record for appointing managers is woeful. Only Worthington for part of his spell and Rioch come out of it with any credit!

Worthington was Hamilton''s number 2 (as it were) and that wasn''t too bad for a couple of years.

However, I can''t see how Duffy can have the players respect either.

Question for the Board: why did we let the coaching staff walk away, or not try harder to keep them?  Looking at last night, it''s clear the players aren''t intelligent enough to work things out for themselves.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

For you to suggest we want someone like Martin Allen is way off target.  I certainly don''t, not if you want us to play the ''Norwich'' way. He is not the answer.  There are several others - Jewel (as mentioned, a much better option!), or even Peter Taylor (can only think Simon Jordan gets too involved, he is a good manager).  The problem, however, is not who we want in the job, but who would actually want it.

[/quote]

Frankly, I couldn''t care less about playing the "Norwich" way at the moment. I''m more concerned about getting out of the relegation zone. And I think Allen could do a better job than Taylor (though Jewell could do better than both) but as you say, would they even want the job?

Looks like the smartest man on the planet is Martin Hunter, Clearly saw a ship that was about to sink and hit rock bottom and jumped.  We all thought at the time, why join watford?  Now we all see why he didnt want to stay. 

i''ll have a go, I can kick a ball and have a rough idea how to play that game, score more than the opposition and all that, what more do I need to know? i''m not doing the massaging stuff mind, i take it someone else does that?

Not sure who we could attract at the moment to be honest, I think Warnock would be OK, maybe Paul Jewel.

[quote user="salp"]

Dion as player-manager

he knows the game and players and fans respect him

[/quote]

Agree 100%.  But lets hope the players wish to play for him because if they dont whoever they get is on a hiding to nothing.