Sign in to follow this  
Dennis The Menace

We can't sack yet another manager!

How many managers are we going through in such a short period of time? Hamilton, Worthington, Grant. We will never be a stable football club while we keep chopping and changing, it isn''t good for the players. I think we need to try to hang onto a manager for more than a year at a time. What does it cost to keep sacking every manager we get in both money and destabilisation?

Maybe Grant is our transitional man between the Irishman with the gift of the gab and our next great love.You know, thanks for buying dinner Peter, you''re a lovely bloke, but you talk too much.

Worthington was with us for 6 years, what are you talking about!!!!!

[quote user="Dennis The Menace"]How many managers are we going through in such a short period of time? Hamilton, Worthington, Grant. We will never be a stable football club while we keep chopping and changing, it isn''t good for the players. I think we need to try to hang onto a manager for more than a year at a time. What does it cost to keep sacking every manager we get in both money and destabilisation?
[/quote]

Up until last night I would have agreed with you. I was always for not taking panic action until Grant had been given 10 games with his own team to show what he could do.  However after last night; the similar no shows against Sheffield Wednesday aand Wolves; the manner of our performances generally this season; the increasingly bizarre tactical decisions (not all of which are due to injuries that currently seem to curse us); the seeming absence of any confidence or desire in the team etc I just cannot see how we can justify not taking action.

You worry about destabilisation, but we dont look a stable ship at the moment - like in the last days of Worthy the players seem to have lost faith in the manager.  I just dont see how he can turn this around.  On paper this squad does not look bottom three material, but on the pitch they sure as hell do right now.  The only solution for me is now for Peter to go with some dignity in tact and the board to get an experienced replacement in who can get the best out of what we already have plus some player investment in January. 

Whether they are up to doing that remains to be seen...