Sign in to follow this  
Freeza

"I've no doubts in my abilites as a coach," - Grant

"I''ve no doubts in my abilites as a coach," said the City boss, brutally honest till the last. "But to be in this situation in my first job in management is disappointing because you''ve got to manage players as well as coach them."

Link is here if you''d like to read the rest of a very good article:-

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=1749&w=8&a=0&part=0

This is what I''ve suspected for a while now, that he is a coach and has found out that management is not for him.

He often comes across as argumentitive and ''know-it-all'' with the media and I''ve not heard of any other clubs having a ''Club Liasion Officer'' or what ever made up job Gunny is doing because Grant doesn''t like/isn''t very good at dealing in the transfer market.

His pitchside antics often bother me as well, he constantly shouts and points at the players whilst prowling his technical area. Surely this must make the players nervous? Aidy Boothroyd very rarely even sits in his dugout in the 1st half of Watfords games, he trusts his players and allows them to express themselves. Grant surely just confuses matters further?!

End of rant. [:S]

So rather than sack him, appoint him as the first team coach, then appoint a new manager.

As great as he may be as a coach, now he has lost the respect and trust of the players, his position i imagine would be untenable anyways

He will be gone shortly, i would imagine it will be a mutual consent job and it will be sorted by the end of the day.  As others have said, the 2 weeks (ish) before the Brizzle game is plenty to appoint someone ready to assess the situation... really the best opportunity ahead of the transfer window for someone to assess who is to go and who is to stay and what needs to be brought in

Surprisingly, for someone who has so much to say, I don''t think Peter Grant is confident enough in his own abilities or single-minded enough to make a manager. This season his team selections have been those of a man who doesn''t have the confidence to stand by what he believes in. Yes, some changes have been forced by injuries but many are unforced changes that smack of a manager who doesn''t have a clue what his best team is. For a time I thought he had decided that Brown/Cureton was his striking partnership, I thought they were beginning to build up an understanding and looking back we played best this season with those two up front. But then I am convinced the team he picked for Wolves away was selected through pressure in the media and since then he seems to have selected players to be popular. If he has fallen out with Hucks then why not leave him out? For sure that wouldn''t be popular but if we were getting results the decision would be beyond criticism, and lets face it, he would have nothing to lose.

This is the opposite to what we had with Worthy who was stubborn to the end. Worthy was single-minded with his team selection even at times to the detriment of the team. He was thick skinned and ignored outside pressure, always selecting his team. By the end the fans hammered him for this but I bet the players knew where they stood.

[quote]This is the opposite to what we had with Worthy who was stubborn to the

end. Worthy was single-minded with his team selection even at times to

the detriment of the team. He was thick skinned and ignored outside

pressure, always selecting his team. By the end the fans hammered him

for this but I bet the players knew where they stood.[/quote]All we have to do now is find someone who occupies the middle ground.  Can''t be that hard can it ? [:S]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]This is the opposite to what we had with Worthy who was stubborn to the end. Worthy was single-minded with his team selection even at times to the detriment of the team. He was thick skinned and ignored outside pressure, always selecting his team. By the end the fans hammered him for this but I bet the players knew where they stood.[/quote]

All we have to do now is find someone who occupies the middle ground.  Can''t be that hard can it ? [:S]
[/quote]

Not really BBB. I''d take Worthy''s single-mindedness over a fickle manager anyday. In the unlikely event of Grant remaining in charge he needs to grow a thick skin and sink or swim with a group of players he believes in.

Couldn`t agree more with you old fruit. It was exactly the same at Leeds United the season before last with Kevin Blackwell. Great first team coach yet not adaptable / savvy enough to make the step up to manager. I actually think Peter Grant would have made a good coach, unfortunately this is now impossible. He has without doubt lost the dressing room (if we keep our fingers crossed he may lose the directions to Carrow Road!!!!)