Sign in to follow this  
canarychris

City 'til I Die

Being a NCFC fan, for me anyway, is not about choosing a team to support based on who is top of the league at the time, it is not about who your mates support, it is much deeper, it is something i was born into. For the past 35 years i have bleed green and yellow, sometimes from a distance sometimes from close up, like i say it isn''t something i chose it''s something i became. My Dad is a supporter, my 4 year old son is a supporter (i took him to his first game this season) and my 8 month old daughter is a supporter (although she may not know it yet).

I guess on top of the season ticket i religously purchase each match costs me £15 (Parking, programme, pie, drink) which goes straight into the club. On top of this there is every new shirt (home and away) for me and my son aswell as birthday and xmas presents. I do not resent a penny of what i have spent since i attended my first game in 1979, at least i didn''t until last Saturday. It was Burnley all over again and to rub salt into the wounds i sat and watched the most inept performance i have ever seen by any club at any level of football. I allowed my son to stay up and watch the game last nite, he asked to go to bed at half-time and quite honestly i wish i had followed his lead.

Where am i going with this? not really sure but i wanted to put some thoughts into print, but i guess what it comes down to is that people like myself will support the club regardless of our status as i have great memories like Vitesse, Munich and Milan, Like beating Arsenal 4-2 from 2-0 down, Brucies header in the Milk Cup semi and the day out at Wembley, losing 7-1 at Blackburn, Fashanu''s goal of the season, losing on penalties at the Millenium Stadium, signing Hucks, Gossys goal in the last game in front of the Anfield Kop, and i could go on and on..... but what about the next generation how will we keep them as supporters of our great club, how will they achieve an affinity through memories (more good than bad that we choose to remember)?

This great club has fallen so far over the last 3 three years that it is difficult to see an improvement in the near future, is a change of manager the answer or is it a change of board or is it just that we have overachieved for a very long time now and we are finding our rightful place in the pecking order.

Anyway enough of my ramblings.... CITY ''TIL I DIE!!!!

[quote user="ricky knight"]aint we all, we just hold different opinions.[/quote]

Exactly!! you don''t chose which team you support your born with it. City til i die.......and ALWAYS will be. This is why we all get so angry, upset whatever when we witness games like we did last night.

I always have been and always will be a NCFC supporter, but will never ever be a supporter of this "off the pitch" NCPLC board.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST