Sign in to follow this  
Swifty McVeigh

Greatest Memory of last year...

If that''s your best memory of last season you must have slept through 99% of it or be a Rotherham fan.

Svensson''s headed goal at Turf Moor, after the flowing move involving Hucks, Fleming & Drury......can''t remember off the top of me head whether it was the third or fourth goal.....!!

Beating Sheffield united was a good one when they could have knocked us of top spot at Carrow Road Also enjoyed Wigan on Good Friday I think we all knewwe''ed almost done it then Great Goals as well Also seeing my kids faces at Watford when the players ran over to the fans

Norwich Reserves vs Brentford Reserves, in the Barclay end bar, listening to Roy Waller commentate on Palace Vs Sunderland, while drinking hideously overpriced champagne.

Surely everybody on here knows the relevance of that night?!

There are just too many brilliant memories to choose one from all the others. Can''t do it - my list would be so long that the keyboard on here would catch alight! Anyone else feel the same?

Being in the blunderland home end and doing the congo on me tod because there were no tickets left for the city end.Also the 4-4 draw at rotherham could have been the turning point of the season?

I don''t get to many games because of work commitments lately, but for me it was Iwan''s goal against Sheffield Utd at home in January.
A great run and cross from Huckerby and BANG!! No 94 hits the back of the net. :o)

Perfect way to celebrate the opening of the new stand.

So many brilliant memories, but if you insist - The party (and Iwan''s lap of honour - lump in throat!!) at the home match against Preston, closely followed by Huck''s goal at home against Wigan, which left me thinking "we''re definitely going to go up"!!

jonzey, hope you didn''t over do the champers mate, it is one hell of a hangover!!! never touch the stuff myself

i was there that night, where else could you be? it was a surreal experience, sitting watching what was in fact a very dire reserve match, just to be at FCR for the end of the palace/sunderland game

it was well worth it, seeing nige and delia on the pitch afterwards - something i will always remember, and driving around afterwards tooting the car horn with everyone else!!

but my best memory has to be hucks - the whole reason we were promoted, the wonderful three months of promise while he was on loan, the agony of the week before christmas while we waited for news of his signing, and of course, boxing day

so watching him walk out on the pitch with delia has to be my number one memory of last season

what a magic day that was!

I agree with gazza it has to be Boxing Day and the return of my hero Hucks.I will never forget that day,at 10am I received a text from a friend who was refereeing a kiddies game at carrow road that morning,it said ''Your Hucks is outside giving an interview to Anglia TV, he''s signed'' I can remember screaming and running round the house then I texted everyone in the world before drinking a large glass of champagne.My hubby and the cat thought I''d lost it, but then they just didnt understand that the signing of Hucks meant promotion,but most of us did didnt we?
Second best memory was when he walked out onto the pitch with Delia,have never cried so much at a football match.

I''m afraid I did feel a little worse for wear the next morning Gazza, best hangover I''ve ever had though.

my best memory of last year is beating Ipswich Town at Portman Road and at Carrow Road go Leon Mckensie

Got to agree Jonzey, but there are two more,
Tuesday 4th May 2004, we lost to Sunderalnd but were crowned Champions
Monday 10th May 2004, the victory parade round Norwich

So many to choose!

1. McVeigh''s deflected shot at home to Reading in the 87th minute was the turning point of the season - everything was starting to go our way.

2. Mulryne''s last-gasp winner for ten-man City at home to Derby County made me think the luck was with us.

3. The first half at home to Millwall - Men vs boys. Hendo showed us what he is capable of.

4. Cardiff City - Huckerby took the mick and showed us what we were going to miss (at the time). Then seeing him in the car park at the Hotel Nelson after the game and hugging him pleading him to stay (think it''s down to me he did!).

5. Ipswich Town away - top of the league at Portman Road, a new hero in Leon, the train journey home shouting at the Scum fans - oh happy days!

6. Boxing Day - a party round a mate''s ended with the radio being turned on with the news we had signed Huckerby - promotion was secured. Racing down to the ground for the pre-match unveiling - such a buzz, pity the game was dull...

7. Ipswich Town at home - we extend our lead at the top at the expense of those down the road. Everyone''s happy. Dull first-half but Malky''s goals in the second-half created an atmosphere between the Jarrold Stand and the Barclay that I hadn''t seen in a long time.

8. The whole Burnley game from start to finish - a City win was never in doubt and the players and the staff at the end was a scene to live long in the memory. Definitely the away game of the season and well worth the six-hour trip.

9. Wigan at home - two fabulous goals (although I missed Svensson''s as I was in the loo).

10. Neale Barry''s assist for Mulryne''s corker in the dying moments at Reading - the stand moved after that went in. Been a while since I''ve experienced that.

11. Being at work when we secured promotion - Jonathan Pearce''s commentary summed it up! Then legging it down to Carrow Road for the celebrations.

12. The carnival atmosphere at Watford, Crewe and at home to Preston, tinged with sadness at Iwan''s departure.

13. Securing the championship despite losing at Sunderland - the city went mental that night.

14. The unbelievable scenes at the parade. This city won''t see anything like it again.

On a personal note, the amount of people that came up to us Little Iwan''s at Crewe wanting their picture taken. Also, the trip to Colney where I became completely starstruck and lost the ability to speak - thankfully Celia was on hand!

I think that''s all of them. If I had to pick one it would have to be Boxing Day.

peter, i cant say anymore, you captured most the highlights of memories of last season although can i add i really liked THAT MASCOT FOR THE WEST HAM GAME ;)

Has to be Easter when impressive wins against Wigan and Reading finally convinced me that it was our year and there was no way Sunderland would catch us.

Also going back to work - Chelmsford - where I am the only NCFC supporter, after the MacDoubles and seeing the faces of my ITFC colleagues. I didn''t have to say a word!

Must admit Boxing Day was memorable for Huckerby''s signing (driving up the A12 listening to developments on the radio) but the match was awful.

Huckerby equalising against Worst Ham at Carra Rud. Then watching Pardew''s facial contortions seconds after. Oh how I laughed and teased the Harmer''s fan''s who had encroached into the City-Stand that day! ;~) Top Fellah Hucks!

its been mentioned before , but for me it has to be the sight of huckerby in the main reception just before the boxing day game ( i hadnt had the radio on so i didnt know ! ) and the game at poortaloo which made everybodys xmas .