Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Custodians of a great Norfolk institution

Neil Doncaster in the EDP last week:

''As directors of this great club, we see ourselves very much as custodians of a great Norfolk institution for the benefit of future generations of City supporters.''

MWJ - a son of Wales and a publisher

DWJ - a daughter of Surrey - a ''celebrity'' and cook. 

ND - a son of Bristol - lawyer

What of our ''great Norfolk institution'' do you really know.

It''s a bit like Elizabeth, Queen of Canada or Barbados, for example.

More than slightly ridiculous.

With apologies to Shakespeare and Lady Macbeth - ''Out, damn''d spots; out I say''.

Bye.

OTBC - we''d better mind the danger!

I am guessing it''s only Foulger who''s from Norfolk Bly.

I am not saying that anyone who cares for this club has to be from Norfolk - they just have to have a connection and a will for us to succeed and prosper ON THE PITCH.

That quote just about sums them up for me. Full of fine words, full of good intention - but when is it ever going to happen? Say one thing, do the opposite seems to me.

Doncaster, I suppose then as custodians for NCFC, you see a hotel (when is it going to be given 5 star status by the way) and a few acres of land behind the ground as being proof that you and the board members (pre Turners) have done an admirable job. A brief flirtation with the Premiership apart, you have filled your many hours with creating a myth which makes the entire works of Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen pale into comparison.

IMO you and the board haven''t been custodians for the club, you have all just tried to promote yourselves and your own agendas. We are in the same position, if not worse than when you took over. Get out of Carrow Road the lot of you, hand OUR club over to someone who has an idea about running a footbball club and head off to your yachts.

Bly, which witch are you.....lol

Gazza.

I quite take your point about their pre-occupation with self-promotion and their own agendas. You are so right. It has been the ruin of our club. Custodians my foot.

I''m waiting with fascination to hear the spin machine start today.

OTBC - we''d better mind the danger.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

''As directors of this great club, we see ourselves very much as custodians of a great Norfolk institution for the benefit of future generations of City supporters.''

With apologies to Shakespeare and Lady Macbeth - ''Out, damn''d spots; out I say''.

Bye.

[/quote]

Makes you want to puke doesn''t it?

NCFC has been hijacked from under our noses and used as a public relations plaything by a fading celebrity and her sidekicks. I trust any new owner from outside the County will not try such cynical tactics....and any future manager will not utter such nonsense as "it''s great to be home".....unless it is just that.

No problems with outside or foreign investors...but be who you are and don''t treat the Norfolk people like mugs...Some may fall for it...but others just resent such blatant hypocrisy as the "spin" it so obviously is......

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Bye.

[/quote]

dont forget Londons finest.. the tottenham Turners!

jas :)