Sign in to follow this  
H4H

LEAVE DELIA ALONE!!!!!!

Leave the board and Delia alone…….. She is one of the best things that have happened to this football club. She bleeds Yellow and Green. She has poured money into this club only for idiots on here to drag her name through the mud when things don’t look so good. I am proud to be a Norwich fan, I am proud of all the fans there last night who sang there hearts out even when Shackall launched his 50th long ball up to poor Chrisy Martin. But this isn’t Delia’s fault, she doesn’t decide how we play our football, she did employ Grant who didn’t pay off but she and the bored both now know they have to pile some money into a big name manager.

We all love this football club, (apart from Smudger) but lets just see what happens next, we have good enough players to stay up, we WONT go down and if we do well that’s football…… swings and roundabouts!!!!

Delia has done to NCFC what the Boston Strangler did for door to door salesman. She is out of her depth. I am continually staggered by her support by some fellow fans. Wake up!

[quote user="Oli"]

but lets just see what happens next

[/quote]

Relegation is most likely, nay guarenteed if we continue like this

[quote user="Oli"]

Leave the board and Delia alone…….. She is one of the best things that have happened to this football club. She bleeds Yellow and Green. She has poured money into this club only for idiots on here to drag her name through the mud when things don’t look so good. I am proud to be a Norwich fan, I am proud of all the fans there last night who sang there hearts out even when Shackall launched his 50th long ball up to poor Chrisy Martin. But this isn’t Delia’s fault, she doesn’t decide how we play our football, she did employ Grant who didn’t pay off but she and the bored both now know they have to pile some money into a big name manager.

We all love this football club, (apart from Smudger) but lets just see what happens next, we have good enough players to stay up, we WONT go down and if we do well that’s football…… swings and roundabouts!!!!

[/quote]

Oli Smith ?

[quote user="Oli"]

[/quote]

If you sit at the top as Delia does then you have to take the rough  that comes with it. Do not be taken in by the ''She poured money in to the club'' unlike other benefactors who don''t want a return ''Good Old Delia'' has secured her money against the training ground. She will leave with exactly what she put in.

[quote user="Oli"]

[/quote]

YOU POOR DELUDED IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its about time you got rid of the rose coloured spectacles and looked at the harsh reality of what sstate this club is in.

No-one is saying she didn''t do a lot for the club but it is now time to move on.

PS Before taking that spun view about her cash, look at the annual accounts and wake up to her ''risk''

[quote user="Oli"]

[/quote]

NO

This has nothing to do with the board, if it wasn''t for Delia we wouldn''t have a football club anymore, why do you lot seem to forget about that? you all have very short memorys. Delia has invested millions of her own money into the club and the board have continued to give our mangers money to spend, the problem is with the manager and the team, not the board, it amazes me how you all think the board is to blame, what do you want them to do, just quit because the team is playing poorly? then what, then who takes over? we''re not going to get anyone with big money come in, that would probably mean bankruptcy and no more Norwich City!!! muppets

[quote user="Oli"]

[/quote]

If this is the general attitude then we deserve everything we get.

[quote user="ellis206"]This has nothing to do with the board, if it wasn''t for Delia we wouldn''t have a football club anymore, why do you lot seem to forget about that? you all have very short memorys. Delia has invested millions of her own money into the club and the board have continued to give our mangers money to spend, the problem is with the manager and the team, not the board, it amazes me how you all think the board is to blame, what do you want them to do, just quit because the team is playing poorly? then what, then who takes over? we''re not going to get anyone with big money come in, that would probably mean bankruptcy and no more Norwich City!!! muppets
[/quote]

Another POOR, DELUDED IDIOT.

You must be winding us all up!.

I generally believe that most of you ‘fans’ have no idea(frame canary), I don’t know the kind of people that post on here but my guess is that there new fans, fans that started supporting the club when we were competing in the play offs and in the premiership. Be realistic before Worthington we were struggling to get 14000 people through the gate at Carrow rd!! Delia has changed that, she has made the club what it is today (we might be 3rd bottom but it’s a blip and not Delias fault)…….. and if your to short sighted to see that then p**s off and support someone else.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Oli"]

[/quote]

If this is the general attitude then we deserve everything we get.

[/quote]

I''d correct that to "they deserve everything they get". Those of us who have seen the writing on the wall and so have had to forego our football on matchdays deserve much much better.

Smith deserves all the flak she gets....and more besides. It''s unbelievably pathetic that the myth of the "saviour" still survives after all that has gone on....and it really does show how thick my fellow City fan''s heads are.

Bilge Oli....

[quote user="Oli"]

[/quote]

Sorry but no. If there was a league for clubs in decline at the moment we would be in the relegation zone-oh hang on we are in the real league. Lets get one thing straight Delia and co have taken us as far as posssible. They get my thanks, but they have been here 3 years too long. With any luck the NCISA might start to take notice as so far they have avoided the board issue and simply replied with quirky little comments like "keep the faith".

[quote user="ellis206"]This has nothing to do with the board, if it wasn''t for Delia we wouldn''t have a football club anymore, why do you lot seem to forget about that? you all have very short memorys. Delia has invested millions of her own money into the club and the board have continued to give our mangers money to spend, the problem is with the manager and the team, not the board, it amazes me how you all think the board is to blame, what do you want them to do, just quit because the team is playing poorly? then what, then who takes over? we''re not going to get anyone with big money come in, that would probably mean bankruptcy and no more Norwich City!!! muppets
[/quote]

Thats it lets live in the past. When i do such a thing im shot down pal. So Delia saved us did she? Let me guess if it wasnt for her we would be playing Kings Lynn? Well thats rubbish aswell as irrelevant. My main problem with your post is we should let people get away with things because of what they have done in the past. Oh let me see Rose West helped an old lady across the road once, lets let her out of jail early. Foolish, muppet show comments.

Ellis,

You posted in this vein on my OCTOBER 18 thread.

I fully accept that Smith is a Norwich fan and has put a lot of money into the club but it is her litany of what I consider to be interference, stubbornness and poor decsion making that fans are questioning. Again, I ask you to answer the main question. What is the EVIDENCE and FACTS that without her money in 1996 the club would have been wound up because that is exactly what you have said in your other post. 

[quote user="ellis206"]The problem is with the manager and the team, not the board, it amazes me how you all think the board is to blame, what do you want them to do, just quit because the team is playing poorly? then what, then who takes over?
[/quote]

Pretty short-sighted view.  Answer the following questions:

Who held onto Worthington for far too long and had to be pushed into firing him?  Who then put in place recruitment procedures to hire the next manager? Who drew up the shortlist?  Who invited PG to apply for the job? Who made the recruitment decision?  Who manages the transfer budgets and makes cash available?

To say the board have no responsibility for what''s happening just shows you know nothing about what''s happening at our football club.

[quote user="Oli"]

I generally believe that most of you ‘fans’ have no idea(frame canary), I don’t know the kind of people that post on here but my guess is that there new fans, fans that started supporting the club when we were competing in the play offs and in the premiership. Be realistic before Worthington we were struggling to get 14000 people through the gate at Carrow rd!! Delia has changed that, she has made the club what it is today (we might be 3rd bottom but it’s a blip and not Delias fault)…….. and if your to short sighted to see that then p**s off and support someone else.

[/quote]

Pathetic. So to be a real fan in your eyes we all need to sit down and shut up and carry on as if all is well. Sorry but this is a discussion forum, if YOU dont like it then YOU should p#ss off mate!

[quote user="Oli"]

[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA - VERY HUMOROUS!

However, these are serious times - so please put the humour to one side for the time being.

Yawn - boring post Oli.

Sounds like your the one who has no idea - wake up and smell the coffee, if this board and management team stays, league 1 football is a certainty!!!!

[quote user="Oli"]

[/quote]

I''ve been supporting the club since I was 8 years old sonny and that was in 1953!

I''m telling you in all sincerity that this is the worst it''s ever been and I include 1957 when we went 26 games without a win and had to apply for re-election to the league.

As for it not being Delias fault. She came in 12 years ago when we were struggling in the old division 1. Please enlighten me as to how we have moved forward since then.

She owns the club and is fully to blame for the position we now find ourselves in. And no! I won''t p*ss off and support someone else. I refuse to let this bl**dy chef destroy the club I love.

[quote user="Oli"]

[/quote]

ROFL!!!!

You can''t even get annoyed with someone who is so completely out of touch.

I think it''s very sad that it has come to this. Delia has done a great deal of good for this club, probably more than we will ever know, and the suggestions running around this message board that she has only been here to bleed us dry are unjustified and show just how low some of you are prepared to stoop in searching for an explaination to our current malaise. Probably some of you won''t even read past the previous sentence, so enraged will you be by those words, but I''m only seeking to balance out the view a little.

However, there is absolutely no denying that the board are getting things terribly wrong at the moment, but it is too easy to look for one scapegoat. They are collectively responsible and surely even the most myopic of you can see that Delia has only tried to do what she thinks is right for the club she loves.

The fact that she may have got some things wrong does not make her the wicked witch of the east, and while she should certainly not be above criticism, maybe we should step back a little and really think about what some of the more accusational of you are saying. We have had some inspirational times in the last few years, and that''s what makes this current situation all the worse. But we must remember that Delia is first and foremost a fan of this club, and she rode the wave like we did. Unfortunately it seems she is at as much of a loss to come up with a solution as we are. Still, this does not mean she is doing it deliberately, a suggestion which is utterly unfair, ungrateful and frankly unintelligable.

Things are going wrong, things need to change, and quickly. However, let''s hope we as fans can be mature enough to stop biting the hand that fed us and push for change in a constructive manner, not the poisonous conspiracy that is currently doing the rounds. Surely, if we want the best for this club, we can start by setting the example rather than reducing ourselves to this pointless bitch-fest?

[quote user="Oli"]

[/quote]

How can 2 and a bit seasons of absolute rubbish be classed as a blip? We may have been to a play off final and got promoted but the truth is we are now in a worse position in the league than 11 years ago when she took over but with 3 times the debt we had then, she will get every penny of her money back when she finally goes and if that doesn''t happen soon her legacy will be that she has taken us to league 1, I can''t see how anyone can defend her anymore, she simply has to go and take her old man with her. I have supported this club for 35 years and things are as bad now as they''ve ever been.

[quote user="Lower Barclay"]

Yawn - boring post Oli.

Sounds like your the one who has no idea - wake up and smell the coffee, if this board and management team stays, league 1 football is a certainty!!!!

[/quote]Boring? You''ve got a cheek. Oli''s post is a rareity in these ''Bash the Board'' days we live in. Its posts like yours that I have already read 100 times over already this morning.

Playing devil''s advocate for a moment, does anyone actually know what approach Delia and MWJ play in running the club? As I have suggested in another thread it is quite feasible that actually its the CEO who is more culpable and that if Delia & Co turn up to board meetings every quarter and go to games simply as fans maybe therefore the real day to day decisions are Doncaster''s and he is the one putting recommendations to the board who are there to supervise rather than get involved in day to day nitty gritty.

I don''t have anything for or against Delia Smith or her husband, but I would much rather an experienced  football man through and through was at the managerial helm in place of Doncaster regardless of what happens to the majority shareholders.

Bottom line is that Delia and MWJ control the club so whatever change is needed (whether its new manager, new CEO or new majority owners) they are the ones who have to deliver and if their approach has been too hands off then it needs to change PDQ. Delia needs to understand the depth of feeling and do something about it.