Sign in to follow this  
No Quarter

My take on things....

The way I see the current sit"eee"ation at carr rud.  When Grant took over, he was an unknown quanitity, and thus we pulled off a great result away at Birmingham.  From then on it has gone steadily downhill, as his style of management has become more visible. 

Grants first big mistake was slating the fans.  The fans were not 100% sure of the appointment, and this did not endear him to them.  He then proceeded publicly slate Darren Huckerby and Saffri.  This would have lost him a lot of friends in the dressing room, and the following results hardly set the world on fire.  Fast forward to this season.  Earnshaw left, Saffri left and Etuhu left.  However, Grant brings his replacements in, and an "acceptable" draw away at Preston kicks things off.    The new lads are out to prove to the manager what they''re all about, and the 5-2 thrashing of Barnet follows, with two great strikes from Jamie C.  Jamie continues this into the Southampton game, grabbing another two great goals.  This is where it started to go wrong.  Grant comes out in the press and slates Jamie for being too greedy.  Jamie is a popular player in the squad, and this would have upset him and the rest of the squad, and again turned the squad against him.  Then Grant does the same with Huckerby, states that Russell hasn''t played enough games (and leaves him out).  I think by this point the squad had had enough of this treatment.  All confidence had gone.  Jamie hasn''t scored a goal since, and Huckerby hasn''t played well.  This has spread throughout the squad, and manifested itself in last nights game at QPR.  Surely the lowest point for any Canary fan of all time. 

I believe Grants quest for absolute power over the squad has completely backfired on him.  He has humiliated the players into having zero confidence on the pitch.  They look like 11 manic depessives taking to the field, rather than 11 pumped up athletes going all out for their gaffer.  The cracks were all too apparent when Hucks came out in the press, stating "this is the worst side I''e played in".  I believe that this was revenge on Grant for slamming he and JC in the press. 

It is apparent that as a "Rookie" manger, Grant is way, way way out of his depth.  Some players need an arm round the shoulder, some need their confidence lifting whilst some just need a good old kick up the jacksie.  I dont beieve Grant has the man management skills to do this, and therefore has alienated the current players, and has lead to resentment from the squad. 

This is why Grant must go, and go now.

(sorry about the long post!)

Id pretty much agree with all that Grant has alienated his squad.I feel people just see the current predicement as a good excuse to vent on the board and Hucks.I would hope that if Grant goes, we should have a few more wins under our belts by Jan.If he stays, then we had best get geared up for a local derby vs Luton.

Agree with everything I once heard Mike Walker being interviewed at the time we had a good side in the Prem and he said some players you have to rant and rave at cos that''s the only language they understand and respond accordingly, others literally have to have an arm put round them at half time and coaxed into playing better. This guy just rants it seems to me, you just do not call out your staff in public in whatever walk of life you are in.