Sign in to follow this  
Cluck

The Real Negativity Coming Out?........

A brief observation...but now our backs are properly against the wall....the TRUE negatives are showing their colours.....

We have the usual "blame the players"..."Who will replace our Saviour?"..."leave Delia alone"...."Bruce was at the game"...."let''s picket Colney" and so on and so on....infact anything other than face the reality that we''re in a hole...and a very deep hole at that. The league table and forthcoming fixtures indicate that we are going to get cut adrift from the pack any time soon....and we will go down.

To those weak apologists I simply say that you deserve everything you get. To those who have backed Grant when he was clearly Smith''s biggest loser to date....it serves you right. To those who so stupidly predicted a "top six" finish before the season kicked off...you have proven how gullible you are and how little knowledge you have of the game. To those who got suckered into the season ticket scam for yet another year....no sympathy....and to those who were childishly throwing their dummies out of their pram when the realists warned you of the danger....live with it.......

YOU have stood idly by and watched this club slide towards oblivion.......and I hope it hurts....alot. Maybe now you can understand the angst some of us were feeling while you were piously claiming the higher moral ground. Delia planted a fine crop of turnips....and now it''s harvest time.......

Well Cluck i am 43 now been going to carrow road since i was 7 so 36 years  i  have watched Norwich, now you keep banging on about  fans buying season tickets as being sheep  and gullible  i have seen plenty of ups and downs in that time but still my support has remained solid  i guess that''s what being a fan is all about ,so i take great offence at your labeling of loyal fans like me as sheep and we deserve all we get that gets right up my nose mate ,if it was not for fans like us this football club could be in a far worse postion than it is now ,unlike you i applaud the fans that do turn up because if we all had your attitude there would be no one there no gate money or merchandise to sell and in reality we would  sink quicker than the titanic.Your theory is fine if you could guarantee success if the board were ousted out, but that is the problem how do you know if the next batch of board members are any better fact is you DON''T. My guess is that just like goverment people get board with who is ever in charge after a certain number of years and want a change for change sake ,lets face it there were not to many fans crying for her head in here early years and during our promotion and prem season''s .So don''t judge me Cluck as a sheep or gullible i have supported this  club because i love the place regardless of who is manger or who sits in the board room   and just because you or anyone else for that matter does not like the board don''t ramm it down season ticket holders throats  i hate being labeled when you don''t even know me . 

Where the hull do you get off.  Crowing over our failure!You may have been proved to be possibly going to be correct on less than 50% of your predictions about the future.  That doesn''t mean you have the right to get preachy now that something bad has happened.  If you were so confident of your football knowledge - lets have your picks - you know where.But no we must all hail Cluck, for his lack of gullibility and his ability to fill a postage stamp with his football knowledge!  What will you do when Delia doesn''t run the club anymore - who will you blame for anything that goes wrong? Will your massive football knowledge come to the rescue?  I doubt it. You are just gullible enough to believe that any other investor would be better!Just cos you threw your dummy out of the pram before everyone else you feel you are a trend setter - have you done anything above apart from hide behind your keyboard and pretend that you are not aiding the club finacially out of some perverted sence of "doing what is best" and not just because you are too childish to support your club in the bad times as well as the good.Your more of a self publicist than 1st colin, but you lack his style and wit.

[quote]burble burble burble apologists burble burble burble realists burble burble delia''s la-la-land happy clappy clones.  Burble burble burble piece of 2 by 4 burble burble burble where the sun don''t shine. Burble burble burble big trouble in little china burble burble burble it''s not my fault my mother didn''t love me.  Burble burble burble hatred of matriarchal figures burble burble burble not really that much to do with football. [/quote]I''d love to congratulate you on being the sage and soothsayer you so obviously feel that you are Cluck, sadly you have been nothing more than a cheerleader for more capable and erudite posters who usually occupy the middle ground, and whose opinions have rightly shifted towards your end of the spectrum on the basis of recent performances.I''m fairly sure that while the play is on your wing, you''ll have fun venting your spleen at those less all-seeing that yourself, but when it switches back to the middle of the pitch, remember not to get jealous of the bigger boys playing a more interesting game. [:)]

7rew you have been wrong all along get over it and start putting pressure on the board to get a decent manager, open the purse strings needed to compete at this level and let them know we are ALL fed up at our club going down the tubes, do you think you are the only one with passion for this club, i suppose you still think grant will turn it around, tough love is sometimes needed, thats what we must do for city now, otherwise its Div 1 for certain.

The thing is Cluck people like you, Smudger etc were hoping that everything would go belly up just so that you could be proved right.  Other supporters stuck by the club hoping everything would turn out OK.  There had to be a section that were proved right and unfortunately it just had to be the doomists.  I dont care what happens but will always still be supporting my club through thick and thin. 

[quote user="Bomber"]The thing is Cluck people like you, Smudger etc were hoping that everything would go belly up just so that you could be proved right.  Other supporters stuck by the club hoping everything would turn out OK.  There had to be a section that were proved right and unfortunately it just had to be the doomists.  I dont care what happens but will always still be supporting my club through thick and thin. [/quote]

YOU have stood idly by and watched this club slide towards oblivion.......and I hope it hurts....alot. Maybe now you can understand the angst some of us were feeling while you were piously claiming the higher moral ground. Delia planted a fine crop of turnips....and now it''s harvest time.......

I believe you have also stood idly by. And it clearly hurts.

If your version of acting is typing on this message board, then you are no different to the room full of monkeys that will surely, if given long enough type the entire works of Shakespere.

You see, you will find that most people will react to a situation at it''s then status. Right now it''s not great, so we react accordingly.

Bomber we did not want things to go belly up, we just new the recipe was there for disaster but you percy''s would have none of it and just used blind faith to back your views, i on many occassions have said i would love to be wrong and still would, but come on, Grant was always going to be a disaster so some of us spoke out, We then said his signings were not good enough, check where we are in the league, first ten games are a benchmark, We also said our best players have been sold without adequate replacements, We have said there is not enough funds made available to compete, so we are not happy we are going belly up just see it coming long ago, while you all called us binners and doom mongers.Perhaps you should have a good look at yourselves.

I hold some of the views expressed by Cluck but unlike others who fail to see through to his true motives I refuse to collaborate with him.

I do believe supporters at Norwich are collectively too tolerant of what goes on around them and by the same token shamefully bay at those who the regime that frustrates them dismiss. (The treatment of returning players is often shameful but the treatment of Youssef Safri is a permanent stain on those who call themselves The Snakepit).

It reminds me of the image of the Roman rabble kept in check by their overlords giving them ever more cruel succour.

I am angry with the Board''s mismanagement over several seasons but I don''t wish to reduce myself to public protest or personal insult. They think they are doing their best but they have been in charge too long to see their failings. I would rather withdraw my attendance at games which does hurt me but which I also believe to be my only civilised recourse.

As a genuine supporter I feel very hurt by current events as do 99% of others on here. For the cowards it is easier to cover their own disappointment by turning against their own.

[quote user="Cluck "]To those who got suckered into the season ticket scam for yet another year....no sympathy....[/quote]Hang on! What did I miss? Season Ticket scam for another year?Are you seriously suggesting that people who buy season tickets are brain washed idiots who can''t think for themselves and have been conned into making a long term expensive investment in not just their money but thier time? People who buy season tickets are the very essence and heartbeat of this club, nothing will convince me otherwise. It saddens me that I won''t be one myself anymore after this season.

[quote user="Bomber"]The thing is Cluck people like you, Smudger etc were hoping that everything would go belly up just so that you could be proved right.  Other supporters stuck by the club hoping everything would turn out OK.  There had to be a section that were proved right and unfortunately it just had to be the doomists.  I dont care what happens but will always still be supporting my club through thick and thin. [/quote]

I can''t speak for others...but being right or wrong as an anonymous "user name" is totally irrelevant.....and I can assure you I have far more important things in my life to think about than the opinion of any critics.

I just see it how it is...state the facts as I see them...and get on with my life. Had things been hunky dory at CR I would never have bothered posting on here...and quietly gone about watching City play just as I have done for many years.....win or lose.

You may well see it as a "them and us" struggle on here...but that doesn''t concern me in the least. I just want what is best for my club and am not afraid to say so. If you somehow think Smudger along with me and others are willing the club to go "belly up" for some kind of warped ego trip....you have little understanding of human thinking. Life isn''t all black and white I''m afraid....and it''s the grey areas that matter the most. Life has also taught me that things seldom work out ok in business when left to their own devices....and so I don''t buy into that way of thought. The direction of this club has been laughable for years....but only now is it coming to a head. You''re surprised and shocked...I''m not.

It''s not about being right or wrong...it''s about seeing things coming. Some of us did just that and that''s all there is to it..........

[quote user="Cluck "]

A brief observation...but now our backs are properly against the wall....the TRUE negatives are showing their colours.....

We have the usual "blame the players"..."Who will replace our Saviour?"..."leave Delia alone"...."Bruce was at the game"...."let''s picket Colney" and so on and so on....infact anything other than face the reality that we''re in a hole...and a very deep hole at that. The league table and forthcoming fixtures indicate that we are going to get cut adrift from the pack any time soon....and we will go down.

To those weak apologists I simply say that you deserve everything you get. To those who have backed Grant when he was clearly Smith''s biggest loser to date....it serves you right. To those who so stupidly predicted a "top six" finish before the season kicked off...you have proven how gullible you are and how little knowledge you have of the game. To those who got suckered into the season ticket scam for yet another year....no sympathy....and to those who were childishly throwing their dummies out of their pram when the realists warned you of the danger....live with it.......

[/quote]

Give yourself a pat on the back.

A well argued and articulate response BarclayEndBoy. How refreshing and welcome it is too.

I find myself in no man''s land myself... I''ve supported Grant up until last night... I''m now on the turn. I wish and hope he can turn it around, but at this exact moment in time, I''m not sure I can see it happen, and am starting to think that perhaps a change is needed. I feel the board genuinely are trying their best, (as is Grant I guess) and shouldn''t be at the end of this torrent of abuse. 

However, it will take something drastic before I want my team to lose. It just doesn''t sit right in my heart to ever want them to do anything other than win.

If a Chelsea or Man Utd fans stayed away from games when things weren''t going so well they''d be labelled ''glory hunters'' or ''fair weather supporters''. We never exactly have ''glory'' in the way that they do, but this looks to me like a Norwich City sized version of that. 

That''s spot on mate, it''s times like this where the real fans are seperated from the self-proclaimed Norwich fans i.e Cluck, Smudger etc etc - these fans clearly don''t have the passion or spirit which is something every true fan should have. They are merely yout unique bunch of so called fans that go around message bords all day long posting their negative responces to what they believe will help make a difference (I know it''s sad) and what they still finally don''t understand is that they haven''t been proved correct. I can hold my hands up and say that I was wrong for believeing that Grant could come out good in the end but I make no apologies for believeing that, I merely wanted to see the best from my club with a realistic solution, as it''s my duty as a fan to believe because if we don''t then who will, where as some fans who I believe like to be referred as "the realists" (LOL) simply go around pointing the finger at everyone and every thing related to to NCFC and complain/moan about there not being any change at the club yet...  this is the hilarious bit they have no relaistic better solutions so there in a no win situation.

Finally Cluck I would like to confirm that your status as the worst Norwich City supporter (arguably in the world) is safe and sound with that post right there, you have pointed the finger at just about everyone from kit man to the Bored and now finally it''s us the true fans fault for where we are now, well i''m afraid to say that''s the most pathetic thing I have heard in a long time so well done in that respect. Also for you to accept that were relegated after a mere 10 games proves that you can''t be a Norwich City fan because you have absolutely no faith which is essential for every fan world wide to have.

IF ANYONE DESERVES THIS MESS RIGHT NOW CLUCK IT''S YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE BEEN HOPEING IT WOULD COME TO THIS STAGE EVER SINCE I CAN REMEBER!

[quote]Are you seriously suggesting that people who buy season tickets are

brain washed idiots who can''t think for themselves and have been conned

into making a long term expensive investment in not just their money

but thier time?[/quote]Yes, cluck is suggesting that the board, with malice of forethought, have duped people into spending their money by callously discounting the price of season tickets so that they are cheaper than buying tickets for a whole season on a casual basis.The evil, malevolent bastards.  For those who usually skim-read me, and that might have missed it, yes.  I am being ironic.

[quote]Life isn''t all black and white I''m afraid[/quote]In that case, why have approximately 2,600 of your posts attempted to pidgeon-hole people into you little apologist and realist boxes ?You, sir, are without shame.

The third and probably largest group were those who looked at the evidence instead of the spin and realised that "hoping everything would turn out OK" was not an option.

[quote user="All in Yellow"]

A well argued and articulate response BarclayEndBoy. How refreshing and welcome it is too.

I find myself in no man''s land myself... I''ve supported Grant up until last night... I''m now on the turn. I wish and hope he can turn it around, but at this exact moment in time, I''m not sure I can see it happen, and am starting to think that perhaps a change is needed. I feel the board genuinely are trying their best, (as is Grant I guess) and shouldn''t be at the end of this torrent of abuse. 

However, it will take something drastic before I want my team to lose. It just doesn''t sit right in my heart to ever want them to do anything other than win.

If a Chelsea or Man Utd fans stayed away from games when things weren''t going so well they''d be labelled ''glory hunters'' or ''fair weather supporters''. We never exactly have ''glory'' in the way that they do, but this looks to me like a Norwich City sized version of that. 

[/quote]

You mean that something drastic has not been occuring at Carrow Road this season???

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Life isn''t all black and white I''m afraid[/quote]

In that case, why have approximately 2,600 of your posts attempted to pidgeon-hole people into you little apologist and realist boxes ?

You, sir, are without shame.
[/quote]

Yep blubblub.....I say what I think and if it puts folk on the back foot then so be it...I''m afraid I don''t post my thoughts for yours or anyone elses approval....so if any "two camps" have evolved in the eyes of some then that''s how they percieve it to be. Not my problem.

People only get pigeon-holed if they choose to put themselves in one....I happen to be a realist in all aspects of my life...but what you wish to be is entirely up to you. It''s a way of thinking rather than a classification...in the real world anyway....

I guess the approximate post figure must remain on 2600 then...unless you feel pigeon-holed by what I''ve said again? 

[/quote]

Isn''t it ironic that the most self proclaimed "I am SO loyal!" fans seem more worried about what other people think of them than the wellbeing of the club they claim to support.[^o)]

[/quote]Even if it means continuing seasons of this drivel week in and week out?Our team...our club, is an embarrassment. To those supporters who loyally sit by and support the team they are purely a disgrace.I simply cannot watch anymore. Delia and her regime of ''friendly'' management has ruined this club.Prudence with little ambition hurts now like an arrow to the heart, our club is gravely wounded.