Sign in to follow this  
militantcanary

Grant has got some honour what about a bit of the same Munby

Just heard Peter Grant on Radio Norfolk, "something has got to give either me or the players", I''m considering my position" sounds like he will be gone within a week.  Even if you don''t like him and on a personal level I find him likeable enough, he has displayed commendable honesty and integrity.

How about a bit of the same Munby, your spin of the many mistakes the Board has taken,:Walker sacking, sticking with Hamilton, then Worthington a full year after he should have gone not to mention managing to preside over a massive debt  in the face of massive transfer profits and TV Money, I have frankly had enough of.

Someone on the Board should take some responsibility for appointing a rookie manager and under-investing in the squadMunby resigning would be a token gesture though.

I feel sorry for PG too... those in the boardroom should take a damn hard look at themselves and do the decent thing too!!!

If Grant resigns then he goes with dignity. Clearly he has done all he can. He has lost the dressing room, the players do not want to play for him. However they all need to take a long hard look at themselves, because not only have they cheated the manager, they have cheated the club and most importantly the fans. No matter where they are asked to play, no matter who for, they should give 100% Instead in comes across that they couldn''t give a toss and just pick up their pay packet. Don''t get me wrong, I have felt for a while a new experienced manager was required but the players must take some of the blame. They should hold their heads in shame. 

its not just Munby either.. Doomcaster, Smith and Jones and all the other Cronies (and im including delias friends the Tottenham Turners in that) should all take a look at themselves.

they are the ones the buck stops with.... funny how quiet they are isnt it?

jas :)

No sympathy for Grant from me. Remember the "cometh the man" crap? The bloke is a chancer and will now be looking to salvage some pride for when he looks for another job.

He should never have been hired....and should never have been allowed to bring such dross into the squad. God knows what Smith and Co. will be looking to bring in now...but I''ll wager it will be another placating job to protect her position and appeal to the all too forgiving "supporters"....

I really wish Peter Grant could have been the right man for the job. . . . we are too diabolical to attract someone of his coaching talent as an actual coach . . . but he is struggling hard as a manager.

[quote user="london Canary"]

[quote user="C.T "]i feel sorry for him as well, unlucky PG[:(][/quote]

i do aswell actually, you can''t blame him for trying. It just didn''t work.

[/quote]

That''s very true, some people have been way to harsh on him, he''s tried his best but it just hasn''t worked out and he hasn''t exactly been helped out with the injuries situation, bored and players. I hope he does the honorable thing and resigns, atleast that way he still has some pride and I can respect him for doing what''s best for himself and the club.

Sorry, but Grant has no dignity at all.  The whole nation saw tonight that he can''t get players, many of which he brought to the club, to play for him.  He has been found out, and needs to leave. 

As for Roger Munby - I know the man reasonably well, having worked directly with him for a couple of years in the late nineties, and I can tell you that he is a decent man who cares hugely for the future of Norwich City Football Club.  This is not to say that mistakes have not been made, as I can think of a significant list, and perhaps it is time he and the current crowd stepped to one side - but don''t confuse this with the idea he somehow doesn''t care about the club, as I know he cares a great deal.  I accept however that, along with Smith and Jones, he has outstayed his welcome.

[quote user="walks on water"]

Do the honourable thing and own up...tonight, ten to eleven on Thorpe Rd just past the station going up the hill !

was that you smugger I walked past  ???

[/quote]

No not me... if it was about 10:30 on Rose Lane then it may of been.

Sorry to dissapoint you!!!  [:D]