Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Thinking it over...

Peter Grant has openly said that he is ''thinking over'' his future as Norwich City manager.As with most things in life, there is an ulterior motive. So what is Grant thinking about?My guess is his contract. Can anyone enlighten me? If Grant decides to walk himself, does he get the rest of his contract in cash? Or, if the board decide to sack him, does he get nothing?While we''re on the subject, why did the Norwich City board give a 3 year contract to someone who had never managed a team before?They only have themselves to blame.

There shouldn''t be anything to think over as the facts speak volumes, the team are playing very poor football, we have lost to the only two teams below us and the manager appears to have lost the confidence of his players.  The failure to make a quick decision is typical of this board I''m afraid.  Other clubs sack their under performing managers whilst we wait out, other clubs go out and purchase good players whilst we make an enquiry and do nothing.  We are the laughing stock of the Championship at the moment and still the board do nothing.

I would say I''m surprised that he hasn''t gone by now but the incompetence of our board doesn''t shock me anymore, any other club and he''d have been sacked straight after the final whistle. That performance alone was worthy of the sack and that''s before we start talking about the rest of the rubbish we have had to endure.

Decisiveness is needed for any form of success and the board have none whatsoever, never have. Its not in their nature. Sorry if we are immoral or hateful or ruthless but we want sucess; if we dont have success we want good football, or clear direction and ambition towards success.

This lot dont want to run a football club, they want a a childrens home or scout hut or nursery group. Care in the community. Social partnership. But not a streamlined, decisive organisation hungry for success. Its not their nature.

Thanks for the good times. Its not your fault, as you are all out of place and out of your natures, but youve undone the good times through being weak and timid in a world full of strength and violence.

SMITH OUT.

DONCASTER OUT.

GRANT OUT.[:(]

The board are increasing the angles of their sloping shoulders. They''re just biding their time and specifically avoiding the media, and watching and listening to what''s occuring outside ''on the street''.

They aren''t the clueless numpties that some folk seem to think. No comment''s from the board speaks volumes. I feel they''d rather he threw in the towel and walked......than give him his marching orders. Maybe it''s financial, or maybe it''s to deflect the heat away from them? I guarantee though, that whatever the outcome.......they''ll all still come up smelling of Heacham Lavender - after they are just as inherently responsible, for dragging us into the festering cauldron of a cesspit of capitulation - and possible relegation.

It wasn''t their fault that Peter wasn''t actually the ''Winner'' that they assumed he''d be.

The scapegoat is being led by the horns to the sacrificial boardroom table, but there''ll only be the executioner in attendance.....not wanting the unwelcome tarnish of responsibility, or splashes of nasty gory stuff on their squeaky clean personage....allegedly. 

Still, it''s only my personal opinion.

Can anyone asnwer my question?

If Grant decides to walk himself, does he get the rest of his contract in cash? Or, if the board decide to sack him, does he get nothing?