Sign in to follow this  
Willzy65

Huckerby Transfer Request

Have just heard from a work colleague that Huckerby handed in a transfer request prior to last nights game. This was declined and kept hush hush by the board. Then Dion came out and stated to the board that the players had lost confidence in the manager and didn''t like his attitude towards the players. I assume that he ment critising Cureton and Huckerby etc. in public. I am only passing on the information that was said so you can take it or leave it. Maybe goes a little way in explaining last nights dismal performance. I have real concerns about the club now. I just feel like something has been going on behind the scenes for the past month as we have no more loanies in or a new Coach. Worrying times ahead I think. Come on Peter Cullum help us out now.

I can categorically confirm Hucks was worried about the new windows he''s having installed at his house. He''s been in Wymondham (In his shiny 645ci convertible) this morning and was looking very troubled. Apparently the range of windows is just too big, and he can''t decide.

[quote user="Willzy65"]Have just heard from a work colleague that Huckerby handed in a transfer request prior to last nights game. This was declined and kept hush hush by the board. Then Dion came out and stated to the board that the players had lost confidence in the manager and didn''t like his attitude towards the players. I assume that he ment critising Cureton and Huckerby etc. in public. I am only passing on the information that was said so you can take it or leave it. Maybe goes a little way in explaining last nights dismal performance. I have real concerns about the club now. I just feel like something has been going on behind the scenes for the past month as we have no more loanies in or a new Coach. Worrying times ahead I think. Come on Peter Cullum help us out now.[/quote]

my best freinds uncle told little red riding hood that the fisherman saw hucks play keep ups with a llama and grant told the llama he''s had enough and will leave. if he put in a request then it would be in the news by now. your work colleague is full of $hit. hope its true tho.

I admit I don''t have any concrete evidence. All I can say is that this has come from a Director at NCFC and he has discussed this with my contact. This discussion was taking place yesterday dinnertime before last nights game. I only got told this earlier today or I would have posted it sooner. I''m not saying this is true just passing the message on.

[quote user="Willzy65"]I admit I don''t have any concrete evidence. All I can say is that this has come from a Director at NCFC and he has discussed this with my contact. This discussion was taking place yesterday dinnertime before last nights game. I only got told this earlier today or I would have posted it sooner. I''m not saying this is true just passing the message on.[/quote]

which director? name him.

Transfer request to where?  And why would he do that, he said this will most likely be his last season playing, so why would he put in a transfer request?  Let''s face it hes not exactly been setting the pitch alight has he?  [:D]

[quote user="Willzy65"]Have just heard from a work colleague that Huckerby handed in a transfer request prior to last nights game. This was declined and kept hush hush by the board. Then Dion came out and stated to the board that the players had lost confidence in the manager and didn''t like his attitude towards the players. I assume that he ment critising Cureton and Huckerby etc. in public. I am only passing on the information that was said so you can take it or leave it. Maybe goes a little way in explaining last nights dismal performance. I have real concerns about the club now. I just feel like something has been going on behind the scenes for the past month as we have no more loanies in or a new Coach. Worrying times ahead I think. Come on Peter Cullum help us out now.[/quote]

Guess what I can smell?

Clue 1: Its not home cooking or my grandparents

Clue 2: You wouldn''t want to eat it.

Exactly. Who''s going to by a player with less than one season in him, who looks like he might be shot already, and who can''t keep his mouth shut in the cause of team unity?Load of ball cocks.

I think Hucks is trying to make a point to the board that the current set-up isn''t working and something needs to change. Him or me if you know what I mean.

[quote user="Willzy65"]I think Hucks is trying to make a point to the board that the current set-up isn''t working and something needs to change. Him or me if you know what I mean.[/quote]

What gives him the right to do that when my tickets are paying his wages. If that is the case and he doesn''t want to play for the club he can do one for all i care. overated, overpaid, over the hill.

[quote user="barlodona"]huckerby was the crappest player on the park las night and its been the same sinse he came back from injury[/quote]

Surely that award goes to Lappin, although Hux was fighting hard for it.

True or not, I think this is quite feasible. This kind of thing goes on at football clubs all the time...Why not ours?

[quote user="barlodona"]huckerby was the crappest player on the park las night and its been the same sinse he came back from injury[/quote]

Well what do you expect? He''s not long back from a groin injury which made him miss all of the pre-season, he was played out of position AGAIN when Grant knows damn well he works so much better on the left wing. It''s also perfectly obvious that he is as annoyed as much as anyone about our current state, hence his outburst the other week. If Grant had just done the common sense thing and started him in his natural position, I''m not saying it would''ve affected the outcome, but I think we would''ve got a better performance out of him.

I''d be surprised if he did go to another club to be honest. Who''s gonna want somebody who''s not 100% fit just yet? I think this is just another transfer request rumour with no substance. If it is Willzy65, then stop hiding and name the Director - go on, I dare you [:P]

Thanks Alex for a sensible reply. Like I said I''m not saying it''s true just passing on the info. This to me under the current situation is very feasible to me as well. As the saying goes "If we only knew half of what was going on". Anyway I''m of to Spain for a week, hopefully there will be better news when I get back.

[quote user="Dicky"]

Surely that award goes to Lappin, although Hux was fighting hard for it.

[/quote]As were all the other outfield players barring maybe Croft although i just wish he would but in one desent cross during a game.

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]He''s not long back from a groin injury which made him miss all of the pre-season, he was played out of position AGAIN when Grant knows damn well he works so much better on the left wing. [/quote]Well I''m sorry, but he''s played the last 7 games, so lack of fitness stretches credibility. "Out of position", well who knows what his best position is? He''s been played on the left wing in most of the games this season and hasn''t had much effect. And last night I thought he had the freedom to go where he wanted - left, right or centre, dropping deep or in the area. He just didn''t want to, at all.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]He''s not long back from a groin injury which made him miss all of the pre-season, he was played out of position AGAIN when Grant knows damn well he works so much better on the left wing. [/quote]
Well I''m sorry, but he''s played the last 7 games, so lack of fitness stretches credibility. "Out of position", well who knows what his best position is? He''s been played on the left wing in most of the games this season and hasn''t had much effect. And last night I thought he had the freedom to go where he wanted - left, right or centre, dropping deep or in the area. He just didn''t want to, at all.
[/quote]

Why does it stretch credibility then? He''s missed the entire pre-season, isn''t 100% fit yet, but I reckon he''s probably getting there, and that''s why he hasn''t had much effect. Give him a chance to get back to full fitness FFS, he''s 31 not 21!

If you''ve been to any of the games that Hucks has been in since he signed for us in 2003, then you would or should know what his best position is - or would you like me to spell it out for you?

Keep playing players out of their natural positions and you won''t get their best performances - remember Gary Doherty in central midfield??!!

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

Guess what I can smell?

Clue 1: Its not home cooking or my grandparents

Clue 2: You wouldn''t want to eat it.

[/quote]

bullsh*t??

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]Jarvis, easy
[/quote]

Presume you are referring to the worst player on the pitch last night, and I''d have to agree - have not been able to get to games recently and had heard rave reviews about him, but last night Rossi looked well off the pace; he is young and still finding his feet so we shouldn''t be too critical, he is entitled to have off days - but that excuse can''t be used by the rest of the side who were little better....the number of misplaced (or completely aimless) passes by our midfield was a joke.

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]He''s missed the entire pre-season, isn''t 100% fit yet, but I reckon he''s probably getting there, and that''s why he hasn''t had much effect. Give him a chance to get back to full fitness FFS, he''s 31 not 21!

If you''ve been to any of the games that Hucks has been in since he signed for us in 2003, then you would or should know what his best position is - or would you like me to spell it out for you?

Keep playing players out of their natural positions and you won''t get their best performances - remember Gary Doherty in central midfield??!![/quote]

This is supposedly a full-on sporting competition we''re involved in, it''s not a rehabilitation regime. If he can''t play to an adequate standard because of injury, then he shouldn''t be in the side - that''s pretty obvious surely. Injury just won''t wash as an excuse. As for his best position - see my earlier post. IMO his best position currently is on the bench.

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]He''s missed the entire pre-season, isn''t 100% fit yet, but I reckon he''s probably getting there, and that''s why he hasn''t had much effect. Give him a chance to get back to full fitness FFS, he''s 31 not 21!

Keep playing players out of their natural positions and you won''t get their best performances - remember Gary Doherty in central midfield??!![/quote]

This is supposedly a full-on sporting competition we''re involved in, it''s not a rehabilitation regime. If he can''t play to an adequate standard because of injury, then he shouldn''t be in the side - that''s pretty obvious surely. Injury just won''t wash as an excuse. As for his best position - see my earlier post. IMO his best position currently is on the bench.

It''s quite bizarre, people are saying he''s our best player, then hunting for excuses for why he''s so poor.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]He''s missed the entire pre-season, isn''t 100% fit yet, but I reckon he''s probably getting there, and that''s why he hasn''t had much effect. Give him a chance to get back to full fitness FFS, he''s 31 not 21!

[/quote]

He needs more competitive games to get back to his full sharpness and to do that he needs to be played in his natural position, which is on the left wing - that''s pretty obvious surely!

And if you think his best position currently is on the bench, then god help us all if you were to become manager - we''d be bottom by the time we play Ips**t! I suppose you''d rather play Luke ''Little Boy Lost'' Chadwick instead - and don''t even suggest Lappin after his performance last night please...