Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Neil Doncaster Speaks on Radio Norfolk

Doncaster is a major part of the problem to me, the fulcrum between the player management side and the shareholder/director side. Strong leadership from the CEO brings along the shareholders and other directors, weak leadership lets matters drag on much as they did with Worthy and may do so again. Assuming PG goes soon I think a new CEO is also required.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Apparantly he said:   "we have nothing further to add to what the manager said last night"

Pathetic.

[/quote]Shows you what a complete waste of space he is! Grant should not have an option "to think things over". He should be given the boot today!! And if not doncaster and the rest of the board should go too!!!!!!!Our club is in absolute shambles!!!!!!!!!!1

I e-mailed Mr Doncaster last night telling him what I thought about Grant and this morning he gave me this pointless reply:-

"thanks for your email David -  i am grateful to you for taking the time and trouble to email me with your thoughts

OTBC
Neil"

[quote user="ricky knight"]This Wally should share Grant''s removal Van.[/quote]

Love it.....     [Y]

Up for volunteering to drive it with me ricky?   

Neil Doncaster takes us lot for idiots. Unreal how any board can be so secretive about EVERYTHING. I appreciate some things cannot be made public in business BUT he never discloses anything at all.

We are mushrooms Mr Doncaster...Kept in the dark and fed on s**t.....and we are sick of it.

Start talking to the people who keep you in a job and stop being so bloody disrespectful

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

Doncaster is a major part of the problem to me, the fulcrum between the player management side and the shareholder/director side. Strong leadership from the CEO brings along the shareholders and other directors, weak leadership lets matters drag on much as they did with Worthy and may do so again. Assuming PG goes soon I think a new CEO is also required.

[/quote]

Agree.  He is the man in control of the day to day affairs and is the link between Grant and the board.  I admire him for always being available to the fans even when he knows he will get abuse but surely that is the job of the PR guy (Ferrari?) not the CEO.  More time needed on running the club, less time needed on trying to be every fans "friend".

I mailed Neil Doncaster last night too. He replied at 06.50 this morning, poor chap probabaly couldn`t sleep. Either that or was having nightmares!!! Still he was rather pleasant actually

Dear Mr Doncaster,
                           I know you are going to be inundated by rabid, non sensical supporters after a shocking performance like we witnessed tonight. I pride myself on being level headed, objective and having a fair degree of business acumen. But you need to know that tonights performance on the back of charlton, wolves, and scunthorpe is just not acceptable in any way shape or form.
I am afraid you and the board are reaping what you sowed several years ago. I fully supported your prudence campaign. But lets be honest there hasn`t been any ambition at NCFC for years now. The asset stripping of the team is nothing short of criminal. I know having a varied portfolio of interests to any business is important but surely that shouldn`t be at the detriment of the main income provider, ie the norwich city supporter.
I am truly shocked that the team is in a worse situation than 12 months ago, and I find it nothing short of suicidal that an untried, unproven manager was let loose with the final pennies in the pot. Peter Grant is a genuine man who wears his heart on his sleeve, and I have no vendetta with him. However in such a results driven environment where there is such potential for incredible success or catastrophic failiure, why oh why was a man with such an unproven CV given a free hand to try and transform an alredy wekened dispondant and small squad of players.
I dont know why I ask this question as I already know the answer, because he was the cheap option.
I have supported my beloved team for thirty years, my Grandfather has supported them for the best part of 90 years (he remembers watching games at the nest, but nothing has prepared him for the full awfullness that has presented itself in the last 3 weeks or so.)
The playing assets on the pitch have been stripped to the barest of bones. I know you will try to put some spin on this as its your job (something along the lines of a rejuvinated QPR team, where each member is playing for their place in front of the new multi millionaire owners. perhaps???) 
I find it nonsensical that Delia and Michael will not sell their shares to outside investors. The situation is now as unbearable if not worse than the whole Robert Chase debarcle all those years ago. The debt although it may currently be structured is spiralling onwards and upwards whilst the major revenue and income source is drying up, and will get worse if relegation ensues.
Still on the positive side we do have a lovely hotel to watch the boys run out from when they play Hereford united next season (sorry I couldn`t resist the odd bit of sarcasm, still its the only thing thats made me smile tonight!!!!)
Please Mr Doncaster, I know your a genuine chap, I beg you to put an end to this now before its all too late. Don`t leave the situation lingering on like you did with the previous manager, and if you do find the courage to end this squalid affair please please dont go down the cheap quick fix route again. You now as do most that quality in this game comes at a price, and maintaining championship safety sure as hell will.

Yours Sincerely,

[quote user="Web Team - Pat"]I would advise against it. It''s a personal message that is not for publication. As duty moderator, I will delete it.[/quote]

Apologies Pat, I just thought it would make interesting reading  [:)]

haven''t got the time to reply to all your points in detail (you''ll not be surprised to learn that i have quite a few emails today), but i do take issue with what you call asset stripping

and as for unproven managers, you might consider that Roy Keane, Gareth Southgate and, for some years, Chris Coleman, did ok

you assume that there are people queuing up to give money to NCFC - that is simply not the case

and finally, our debt is not spiralling upwards - it has come down from last year

finally, may i thank you for taking the time and trouble to email me with your views - it is much appreciated

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Apparantly he said:   "we have nothing further to add to what the manager said last night"

Pathetic.

[/quote]

Really?   I just thought that he was breaking wind yet again!!!   [;)]

[quote user="Web Team - Pat"]I would advise against it. It''s a personal message that is not for publication. As duty moderator, I will delete it.[/quote]Why will you delete it? The original letter to Mr Doncaster is personal and you have not deleted that, neither have you deleted when other posters have shown their replies from Neil Doncaster, so why now. I except moderating a site like this is not easy, but the main thing you should be is consistent in deletions.C''mn Archant you portray yourselves as the voice of the community, let the community speak.

[quote user="Web Team - Pat"]I would advise against it. It''s a personal message that is not for publication. As duty moderator, I will delete it.[/quote]

Surely its Mutleys call. Its adressed to him so if he is pepared to do it then he should be allowed to. Should i not highlight your qte Pat  or should i PM you? [;)]

tut. Spoil spoil!

The club are going about this the correct way. I don''t believe Grant could have been sacked prior to last night. Grant has publicly said he plans to ''assess the situation'', and until he does so, it would be foolish for the club to make any comment. If Grant decides to walk then there is no financial penalty to the club. If he decides to stay, then the club, if they wish to part company with Grant, have the option to still terminate his contract but this incurs a hefty financial penalty. Why pay someone off when there''s a good chance they''ll walk without being pushed?

how come Dave Freezers reply was allowed through then?

an email is a personal message between the sender and the receiver.. whats to stop Mutley phoning up his family and friends and dicatating whats been said down then phone to them? if Mutley chooses to post the reply then he shiould be allowed, he is happy for it to be released into the public domain... if he was to print it off it wouldnt be private then would it?

jas :)

David, I sent an email as well and got word for word the same as you including the use of i instead of I. Just shows he got some flunky to send it thus proving they don''t give a monkeys what we think not that I didn''t doubt that anyway.

Spot on Mutley. Doncaster and the board need to realise that the

only option is investing in a PROVEN manager that will get the respect

of the team or they will see the battle of Carrow road repeated.

[quote user="Web Team - Pat"]I would advise against it. It''s a personal message that is not for publication. As duty moderator, I will delete it.[/quote]but there has been loads of doomcaster replies pasted onto here in the past....?

they really are clue less.  heres an e mail i sent to doncaster after the game, Note the one line reply without answering the points i made.

thanks for your email

OTBC
Neil

Sent: 08 October 2007 22:27
To: Neil Doncaster
Subject: still satisfied?

Neil, last week you sent me a reply to an e mail saying you and the board had every faith in the manager and the team, well after that shambles tonight do you still feel satisfied?

if the answer is yes then enjoy league one because that is where we are heading if you lot dont get your heads out of the sand.

the club appears to have so many problems it is unreal, we have now sunk to the lowest point i can remember in 35 years of supporting city.

the time has come to admit appointing grant was a mistake, after all this is now his team and we are absolutely awful.

please stop being stubborn as a board and think about the future before it is too late and we are in League 1.

Well done Pat for NOT deleting it. About time us true fans had some feedback.

Good on you Mutley for sharing it