Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

My Respect for PG.

[quote user="CJ"]

Sorry to break up the Grant fan club but I am sorry this is his squad and he choose not to bolster the one area every fan of norwich knows is needed the central defence and it has come back to kick him!

[/quote]

Sorry CT, but that''s horsekack.

Our goals against record shows that, in fact, it wasn''t a CB that wass needed but some sodding attacking tactical nous, of which Grant has B-all. YOU may have wanted a centre back, along with many others, but the facts will show you that we''re playoff material with that goals-against record.

It''s goals-for where we suck. Bye Peter. Turn the lights off on your way out.

great post, he is indeed a very honourable man, he will succeed in football somewhere. Now lets get behind the club coz we all need to pull together and quickly!

Well said, I''m gutted he''s gone, at least he was honest and straight talking - always used to look forward to the press conferences afterwards as he was always honest.  Would like to wish Grantie all the best for the future and that you succeed in whatever comes next[:(]

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="CJ"]

Sorry to break up the Grant fan club but I am sorry this is his squad and he choose not to bolster the one area every fan of norwich knows is needed the central defence and it has come back to kick him!

[/quote]

Sorry CT, but that''s horsekack.

Our goals against record shows that, in fact, it wasn''t a CB that wass needed but some sodding attacking tactical nous, of which Grant has B-all. YOU may have wanted a centre back, along with many others, but the facts will show you that we''re playoff material with that goals-against record.

It''s goals-for where we suck. Bye Peter. Turn the lights off on your way out.

[/quote]

Might i just point out that CJ posted that not CT !!!!

Very honest, decent bloke who can leave with his head held high.  Recognised that he needed to go for the good of the club and that''s to be admired.

Noone could question his passion and desire to do his best for us. He made mistakes of course he did but I do hope he''s not going to shoulder all the blame!!!

Thanks Grant for trying hard and I for one am sorry it didn''t work out.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Peter Grant. I respect you and i really wish you suceeded. Your passion,desire for success and honesty was admirable. You managed us under difficult circumstances and were not helped by those above or indeed the players.

The way you spoke after the QPR game was commendable. I cant imagine anyother manager coming out and saying what you did. Only today we heard PeterTaylor saying "He should have had more time", you realised that maybe this was too big of a task for yourself and stepped down at the right time.

Not only will this help City in terms of timing but im under the illusion that if you did step down by mutual consent you have avoided a large "worthyesque" golden handshake, which the club clearly cant afford to pay.

Alot of people will leave a club bitter but your parting words of " It goes without saying that i wish nothing but success for NCFC now and forever" will always leave me with a fond impression of you.

Thanks for the effort PG.....it was always an uphill task.

[/quote]

Can''t argue with any of that, great post

Well done Peter, very nice bloke who has done the right thing for himself and the club.

I would be surprised to see him have another crack at management but Pardew has got Parkinson as his no2 at Charlton so he''ll prob have to find an assistants job elsewhere.

Completely agree with all these sentiments. If our ''superstar'' players had half as much passion and determination as PG, we wouldn''t be in this mess. As it is, they have underperformed to such a dramatic extent that a hard-working, honourable man has now lost his job. Thanks guys, you should all be suitably ashamed of yourselves.

A bittersweet night this. Yes he had to go but I can''t help feeling possibly even more depressed than I did at 9.40pm last night! Thanks for keeping us up Peter. Best wishes for the future.

Peter you have my full respect for going with a bit of honour and dignity - something that Worthless didn''t do for a year or more. You are a very passionate, honest and truthful man who really endeared yourself to me when I got the chance to have a chat with you personally at my works during last season.

But, as has been said by yourself, it is a results-driven business but it is not your fault that our illustrious Board appointed an inexperienced person such as your good self, who was always going to have one hand tied behind his back.

Good luck Peter, I really do mean that like I''m sure a lot of others do and I sincerely hope you''re back in football management very soon.

If you really are reading this, my kindest regards to you and your family.

Mark.

Quite right Mook, horsekack indeed.  The reason we were so poor

last night was simply the midfield.  Everytime the defence had the

ball, the midfield (Russell and Jarvis in particular) went missing so

the defenders had no options but to punt it forward.  When QPR

attacked the midfield stood off and were weak in the tackle. 

Worst of all for me though was that not once did Russell or Jarvis make

driving forward runs with or without the ball so  Martin was

completely isolated. 

On Peter Grant though I think he looks like an excellent assistant but

couldn''t quite make the step up to manager.  He has done plenty of

good for Norwich off the pitch in trying to get rid of Costa del

Colney, broadening our scouting horizons and his transfer record has

been pretty good, particularly in getting rid of the deadwood. 

However, tactically he looked naive which will probably mean he remains

an assistant somewhere.

I liked Grant the person and wish him well in the future.  You

have to admire his honesty and respect him for the decision he has

taken.  As an aside I can''t help but feel that there is a few bad

apples still in the Norwich squad, particularly as the togetherness

hasn''t been there for a few years.  My inkling is that Huckerby

may be the reason for this and that we might be better off without

him.  He is an enigma on the pitch which is as much a positive as

a negative but unbalances the team and I can imagine he is difficult to

deal with if things don''t go his way.  Maybe his large salary

causes problems within the squad, who knows.   I can''t help but

feel that once he retires/moves we will see a better Norwich, something

like Arsenal and Henry.  Its only a personal thought so there we

go.

Honest guy, tried his best, to bad it didnt work out. I was hoping it would change to the better but after the QPR game there was only one outcome.

Good luck in your next job Grant.

Absolutely! A man of honesty and integrety who will be very successful elsewhere. Personally, I wanted for him to have longer to try and turn it around and think the clucb would have been stronger for going through and recovering from those problems. Although results have been poor, it''s been so refreshing to hear his honest opinions after the so many ''knowwhatimean'' can''t faul the workrates.Good luck Peter Grant. And good luck to the board now too, as it''s going to tough to find a manager that is available, wants the task and has the experience of turning a majorly under performing team around.John

Mr Grant, you have integrity and are honest, hard working, passionate, committed and were prepared to work with the team, even though they may not have all been your choice. I note that none of your critics who were so quick to jump in and say what you did wrong have appeared on here to applaud the sacrifice you have made by leaving as you did. My opinion of them has sunk even lower, if that is possible.

Peter Grant''s approach to management reminded me of that episode of Blackadder where Stephen Fry plays the Duke of Wellington.Blackadder : Tell me, do you ever stop bullying and shouting at the lower orders?

Wellington : NEVER! There''s only one way to win a campaign: shout, shout and

shout again.

Blackadder : You don''t think that inspired leadership and tactical ability have

anything to do with it?

Wellington : NO! It''s all down to shouting. WAAGGHH!
Maybe Grant has just gone into the wrong profession, in the wrong century.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]Begs the question then Blah, who actually runs things. We are like some 1970''s car plant with militant shop stewards and week management.[/quote]

Thoroughly agree Rudolph.  Even after Grant has rooted out most of the full nappies from the bin, something still stinks.  If you''re Frank Lampard or Steven Gerrard, even Phil Neville, you''ve earnt the right to throw your weight around, you''ve won stuff and proven yourself.  Some of this lot leave a sour taste in the mouth.

[/quote]

Yup, the way I see it too..........

His Statement

Grant said: “It was a very, very difficult decision for us to make but it was right for myself and the football club going forward.

“The most important things for me have always been the supporters and the club itself.

“They are the two constants while managers come and go.

“Unfortunately for me the balls haven''t bounced the right way for me over the last 12 months. I have had fantastic support from the board from minute one, right up until the time of leaving but we are in a results-driven business and I don''t like being second-best at anything.

“I would like to thank everyone for the support they have given me through a turbulent 12 months and it goes withous sayting that I wish nothing but success for Norwich City Football Club now and forever.”

My thoughts for Grant tonight couldn''t be more contrasting from those for Worthington a year ago.

Grant has done the decent thing and put the club before himself in order to give us enough time to do something about the situation.

Nigel Worthington on the other hand stuck around this football club refusing to leave for 6-9 months waiting for his 600k payoff,       What''s wrong with that you may ask?, well what''s wrong with that is in those 6-9 months, you and me were paying with our time and money supporting a football club whose manager was going through the motions,cheating the football club by not doing his job proporly.

In an ideal world a manager like Worthington gets his payoff and never works in the game again. A manager like Grant who walks away with his reputation just about in tact finds another job in football.

Good luck to Grant and I hope you find another club in the lower leagues and work your way back up, and to Worthington - I hope you get the sack with N.Ireland at the weekend !!

Good Post!

When Grant was appointed I hoped he would bring with him a good era at the canaries but it just wasn''t mean''t to be!

Good Luck in your future Peter, I have nothing against you as I''m sure you gave it your best try!

12 more wasted months....and we''ll get the same old crap for the next twelve months of the unfortunate replacement brought in for slaughter.....Give him time...let him build his own squad...blah de blah.

One scalp won''t heal this club....and he''s the lesser of the evils yet to be removed....but it''s a start.

All this lovely Peter Grant nonsense, the guy was hopeless and left before he was pushed and if you think he did not get any dosh, think again, sacked does not look good on the old CV he was doing us no favours.