Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

My Respect for PG.

Peter Grant. I respect you and i really wish you suceeded. Your passion,desire for success and honesty was admirable. You managed us under difficult circumstances and were not helped by those above or indeed the players.

The way you spoke after the QPR game was commendable. I cant imagine anyother manager coming out and saying what you did. Only today we heard PeterTaylor saying "He should have had more time", you realised that maybe this was too big of a task for yourself and stepped down at the right time.

Not only will this help City in terms of timing but im under the illusion that if you did step down by mutual consent you have avoided a large "worthyesque" golden handshake, which the club clearly cant afford to pay.

Alot of people will leave a club bitter but your parting words of " It goes without saying that i wish nothing but success for NCFC now and forever" will always leave me with a fond impression of you.

Thanks for the effort PG.....it was always an uphill task.

I certainly do respect him for admitting defeat and having the decency to admit walking away was right. The mutual consent suggests however that the board were probably going to get rid anyway. Grant has been honest here and i will thank him for that. It''s certainly a different scenario to last year, where worthy, rightly or wrongly wouldnt admit defeat, and probably to the detriment of himself.

Thanks PG, but the time was certainly right.

Well, you have something from me worthy didn''t claim in his last few months. My Respect.

Agree with your sentiments and also PG when he said managers and players come and go but the Club is the constant.  A very decent chap and sorry things did not work out for him.

Heres hoping a good League 1 or League 2 team takes him on board and turns him into a success story. Who knows he could one day reach the Premiership before we do.

Goodbye Peter Grant, you did your best (with the limited backing from the poo-factory upstairs)

i realy liked PG and think the wrong man has been punished! i want doncaster gone and think the whole board should realy consider what they are bringing to this club! the players should look at themselves and be ashamed as should every fan who booed and jeered grant! Hope i see the man in the street so i can shake his hand! i am not proud to be a ncfc fan right now!

really sad its gone this way - after QPR last term when he watched making notes from the stands, and away wins against the likes of brum - i thought we had a good''un.  i must admit, i''m feeling worse about grant going than worthy.  maybe its because 1 year on - the full reality of our position has hit home.

I thoroughly agree CUSDP.  In his short time Peter has attempted to battle the Costa del Colney culture of the club, although recent results suggest that complacency is sadly still rife, removed a lot of players that in hindsight have proven to be liabilities, and attempted to assemble a set of players that should be more than capable of fighting at the top of this league. 

Sadly, his desire to succeed was probably his undoing, in trying too hard and attempting to think for everyone he has burned a few bridges and bruised a few egos. Whoever replaces him should thank him, as he leaves us with a better squad than he found us, even if the league table doesn''t show that, mainly due to the go-slow attitude of players over the last 6 matches.

In parting now Peter has bought his former employers time, which is admirable when it appears that he hasn''t always had their full support in the transfer market.  Let''s hope that they use it wisely in bringing in his replacement.

Good luck Peter, a successful career as a coach can now continue, I''m sure we will all watch your future career with interest.

Yeah thanks for the effort peter grant you did your best and stepped down to give someone else a chance at the right time good luck in the future ive no doubt u will do well somewhere else

In all fairness, Peter Grant was always honest and doen his best for the cause, you could tell had had passion in abundance and gave it 100%, but just wasn''t enough. Glad the decision has come now, instead of dwelling on it and deepening the situation. Vital we get the right man in now, someone with experince who knows the game - paul Jewell, warnock or venebales would be the ideal choice.]

Fair play to Grant, hope he goes on to do well ;)

My PC timed out before I could post all my thoughts into a different thread so I summarise them here.

I think that at the end of the day the job was just too much for a rookie manager. PG has gone with dignity, it had to happen but I respect him for what he tried to do.

I feel a little empty though- not the elation I felt when the NW reign was put out of its misery. Now the Board must recognise its own cuplability. They have damaged the reputation of an honest hard working man who wore his heart on his sleeve. His tactical naivety cost hime dear and his no nonsnse approach was refreshing to many but a threat to even more. In many ways he was doomed to fail.

Now the Board cannot afford to get the next appointment wrong. They owe a debt to PG, he rooted out the NW dross and has built a squad that an incomer should be able to work with.

I couldn''t agree more. An honest bloke, with great passion and desire & for whatever reason couldn''t get the players to show those same qualities. Maybe he was too honest in his assessment and this got up the players noses. However they are professionals and if this is player power which ultimately led to his demise that is unacceptable.

Good luck in the future PG.

totally agree, grant woz a decent chap who tried his best, we wanted him to suceed but it didnt work out, better luck in your nxt job peter,. lets hope our board and players wake up now as they have been shocking aswell, coz if they dont improve then they will be nxt, us city fans have had enough of this dross we have had to put up with for two or more years now. ... fingers crossed that paul jewell walks thru the door asap,...... ?

[quote]Begs the question then Blah, who actually runs things. We are like some 1970''s car plant with militant shop stewards and week management.[/quote]

Thoroughly agree Rudolph.  Even after Grant has rooted out most of the full nappies from the bin, something still stinks.  If you''re Frank Lampard or Steven Gerrard, even Phil Neville, you''ve earnt the right to throw your weight around, you''ve won stuff and proven yourself.  Some of this lot leave a sour taste in the mouth.

It''s nice to see the positive reaction...

PG had to go, but I don''t think that any of us have anything personal against the guy. No doubt that he only wanted success for City and he did his damnest. I hope that from the mistakes he''s made, he''ll learn and become quality.

Sorry to break up the Grant fan club but I am sorry this is his squad and he choose not to bolster the one area every fan of norwich knows is needed the central defence and it has come back to kick him!

I agree he wasnt all bad and i think he has got some good signings BUT he is no man manager and that is more than half the battle of getting a team to play. Any manager in any walk of life knows it is so much easier if you earn the respect and support of your team. He lost that with public rants and outburts to the press that should have been to the players in private.

I am sure it is not easy to manage star players like Hucks and Earnie who think they are Gods gift but that seperates the great ones from the poor ones.

I like others wish you well Grant but hope you have learnt some valuable lessons and can come good again

I just want to agree with everything thats been said a good honest bloke who has tried hard to make it work but ultimately has found this to be a tough first assignment in his managerial career. I''m sure will learn from experience and go somewhere and do well, the way he left is commendable in present day football.