Sign in to follow this  
ricky knight

Paul Ince

my choice for manager would be Paul Ince, high profile player, played under good managers, young ambitious, good contacts, started on the bottom rung, kept Macclesfield in league against odds, doing ok at Dons.I think city could be his first high profile job and he would relish it, abit like Keane at Sunderland.

There''s a danger of us agreeing here Ricky.  League 1 managers don''t always make the step up, Phil Laws (formerly Scunthorpe, now Sheff Wed) comes to mind, but I guess his hands are more tied by finances'' than even Grants''.Ince is the kind of bloke who would get the respect of the players I suspect though, plenty of fight in him.

Flipping hell triple b we can agree on something lol. As for Laws, yea good point but Ince is far more high profile and has more contacts imo.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]If we''re in the bottom 3 at xmas, are you still going to make me wrestle you ?

Yours with embarrasment,

Blah.
[/quote]

who are you wrestling and why?

Doubt Ince would come here. MK Dons have money to burn and I should imagine him still being in charge when they march past us in the league next season...

[quote user="MK Canary"]Doubt Ince would come here. MK Dons have money to burn and I should imagine him still being in charge when they march past us in the league next season...
[/quote]

I agree - they have a smashing new 35,000 seater stadium, they''re top of the league, they have some good young players and everything is rosy in the garden. Furthermore, Milton Keynes is a place where football will really take off in the next few years and Ince has a great chance of being instrumental in that.

Why would he want to come to a club in the bottom 3 with a crap squad and no money to spend. Besides, MK Dons are probably paying him more than we can afford.

[quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]At the start of the season, Ricky said he thought we''d be bottom 3 by Xmas.  I said that if we were, I''d challenge him to a wrestling match. 

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

At the start of the season, Ricky said he thought we''d be bottom 3 by Xmas.  I said that if we were, I''d challenge him to a wrestling match. 
[/quote]

better get yourself into shape then, it''s a distinct possibility now, good luck! I tell you what, if we are in the bottom 3 i''ll also do a a forfeit, i''ll wrestle the person in my avatar too.