Sign in to follow this  
Cheerio

So who's the new manager going to be

Apparently Bernard Matthews is coming on the Board, injecting cash and bringing Jose Morinho. In the short term Jose, who is based in London and Surrey will be accomodated in one of Bernards two staff  hotels at Great yarmouth.

Paul Jewell.......if we are to be ambitious. Please oh please, don''t recruit from within - or select a close chum of the major scare-holder''s.

How about crop rotation of placebo management? Munby first, no wins after two kick-about 5 a sides at Colney....leaves after mutual dissent. Nearly Downcaster second, barks out instructions in monotone "I am a dialect! I am a dialect!" insists that he has his own interest''s at heart, but nobody wants to play for him, so he''s sacked even before they''ve got their training kit on, (and for being just so annoyingly smug and patronising)....etc....etc.

I suppose it''s one method of gradually removing the board.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I dont want this to go OTT but i had heard if we lose V QPR then Jewell would be lined up! I would settle for that![/quote]

OMG...part of itis true.......now...just one more "prudent" move! JEWELL IN!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I''d go with that LGT. But I think it''s Nigel.[/quote]why not rude old - sometimes divorced couples get back together and even hitched again - to repeat the same mistakes again - or can they get on better second time around?  certainly nigel would think hard on another approach from city - carefully weighing up the situashun, before declaring he had a job to do for NI - and that he wouldn''t be distracted by the serious business of Qualification from their group (while working behind the scenes to beef up his rollin contract from NI paymasters)!!!

It has to be someone like Peter Taylor or Paul Jewell, but I also quite like John Collins at Hibs as he may be able to make some use out of the Scottish players we have. also his experience while playing abroad may count in his favour in terms of scouting and coaching methods. Whether he would leave Hibs is debatable but WBA managed to get Mowbray and look at the impression he''s made, there is also the factor that City fans may not want another Scottish manager but he''s looking like a success story at  Hibs.

make no mistake, the players confidence is shot to bits - poncing about on the footy pitch for 9 hours without scoring, and then having ''morgue like'' atmospheres in the changing room is bound to have dragged their morale down to rock bottom - especially when its hot on the heels of worthy''s prolonged and painful departure.the board dragged on the worthy saga far too long, and are still reaping the harvest.  we''re in tailspin, like leeds, and forest.  card hustler wise couldn''t scare the leeds dressing room into staying up - city can''t plumb for an unknown now - anything less than engaging a ''wise'' ole safe pair of hands would be risking our champs status. 

Aidy Boothroyd for me if we could convince him that the bigger club could fulfill his ambitions better than Watford.  Oops, I forgot Watford are now a bigger and more ambitious club than us...

[quote user="No. 4"]

I would like to see;

Jewell

Allen

Warnock

Taylor

Wise

Dublin

and in that order

[/quote]

david williams must come out of retirement!!! he will improve the youngest even more like he did when he was last here! let him have the job what he should''ve had years ago!!!!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Salahuddin"]I would like to see Calderwood or Ince, but I doubt we could tempt them. Worrying a friend who is close to the club has mentioned the name Joe Royle![/quote]

i also heard joe royle mentioned as caretaker until end of the season.  he''s got bags of experience and will get us playing. as a temp measure i''d be happy to have joe on board.  certain the old dog can keep us up.
[/quote]

We could do far worse.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I dont want this to go OTT but i had heard if we lose V QPR then Jewell would be lined up! I would settle for that![/quote]

I heard that too.

Source not that great...a friend of a friend of two lads at the club says he''s already had a look round.

We''ll see

As far as i can see Peter Taylors only acievement is to make every team he has managed worse than when he joined.

Does anyone have a convincing argument as to why he should be appointed?

Also... Neil warnock... i want to know why you are such a ****!

Please not warnock. I would be embarrased more by his post match guff than our current results.

Royle is a scummer now so should not be appointed.

John Collins is a good idea but he has a chance of champions league footbal next season.

Jewell would be a fantastic appointment. Anyone who can get Bradford and wigan up and keep them up is nothing short of a genius.

Ian Crook-no, David Williams no, Mark Bowen no, Iwan Roberts no, Malky Mackay no, in fact I don''t want anyone with connections to this club, why is it that some people always come up with these names whenever we need a manager. Paul Jewell yes please and if the rumours of a takeover are true he could be persuaded to come here with the promise of money, the reason he quit Wigan was because he couldn''t handle the pressure and needed a break so this could be a good job for him. Duffy hasn''t got a cat in hells chance and I don''t even think he''ll be in charge for a game as there''s 2 weeks before we play and I fully expect a new manager to be here by then.

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"]

This thread is brilliant.  Do any of you know how far we have really fallen?  Reality check time...

If you think Paul Jewell would take the Norwich manager''s job, you''re mad.  He wouldn''t come here.  He''s a premiership manager.  He''d want money (he wouldn''t get any budget for transfers), and a decent squad (!).

Dennis Wise - would he leave Leeds for Norwich?  Nope.

Kevin Keegan - oh, people, please!  WE ARE NO LONGER A BIG CLUB.  End of. 

What can we offer a new manager?

Zero budget for new players.

A crap squad.

Seven million quid''s worth of debt which means we have to sell before we buy - and we have no players worth selling.

An inept board who run the club as a plaything.

A set of fans who are straight on the backs of players and the new manager.

Why would Jewell or anyone want to come here at the moment?  Jeez, it''s unbelievable.

We''ll get Jim Duffy, then someone from Port Vale or Accrington or possibly Carlisle.  That''s the best we can realistically hope for.

[/quote]

I hate to say it but I think your quote is spot on.

I would love to see Paul Jewell here as any other named Manager, BUT and its a BIG BUT .... I fear the board already know who they are after, and I think its a cheap option.

God help us if we get it wrong again!!!

Time will tell, lets hope I get up one day and read a GOOD surprise on the back of the EDP, and not some crap inexperinced Manager from League 2.

Anyway, Bye PG, you talked well but unfortunatly never really delivered the goods.

Cheers All

Paul Jewell would be grand, and there may be more hope of him coming here than Curbishley this time last year.

Martin Allen, David Penney or Mike Tilson possibly. It has to be a motivator and someone who can instill some spirit in his players.

Peter Taylor, Neil Warnock or Joe Royle would be a disaster for this club.

PG, you meant well and I''ll miss your ramblings. In the end, the things you tried didn''t work and the players stopped trying (again).

On, on, on to the next one...

[quote user="mbncfc"]Paul Jewell would be grand, and there may be more hope of him coming here than Curbishley this time last year. Martin Allen, David Penney or Mike Tilson possibly. It has to be a motivator and someone who can instill some spirit in his players. Peter Taylor, Neil Warnock or Joe Royle would be a disaster for this club. PG, you meant well and I''ll miss your ramblings. In the end, the things you tried didn''t work and the players stopped trying (again). On, on, on to the next one...[/quote]

We can''t afford Jewell.

taylor ok, not jewell, not hoddle, not keegan, chippy, maybe,   bruce, not available yet, could we afford comp to birmingham? The thing is, do any of the managers currently available really strike confidence and make you believe that city could be in the top 6 by xmas?

[quote user="barclayendstand"]

A couple of  names that haven''t come up yet in this thread, the two Glen''s! Roader and Hoddle. Any thoughts?

[/quote]

Someone mentioned Hoddle and it got the reaction it deserved.....zero.