Sign in to follow this  
Vern

Two Faced Gits

Exactly the same thing happened with Worthy. Everyone calls for his head, then when he goes they all start saying how they feel sorry for him.

Peter Grant is a nice guy and I do wish him the best BUT he was not up to the job. I dont feel sorry for him because he will very soon find an ambitious board and WILL do very well. He was unfortunate that he bumped into the shower of s**t that is our board.

I would say that our boards "genuine" desire to get back to the premiership AND stay there is 100%.....Unless it costs more than £1000 to get there, in which case it is 0%.

ANY business needs to speculate to accumulate. Take NO chances and you just become a bog standard, steady, boring  business.

Neil Doncaster needs to follow Peter Grants noble example and clear off. We were here before you Neil and we will be here LONG after you have gone.

what a load of crap, thats not whats happening

people wanted him gone bcoz he was doing the right job here, and now people are thanking him for leaving at the right time.

i''m glad granty''s gone, but i''m also sad for the guy - what''s wrong with that.  as far as i''m concerned there''s no-one bigger than the the ''best interests of NCFC.''in the best interests of NCFC, its clear than granty should go - we''re in a tailspin and make no mistake, its going to take a tough, experienced manager to get us out if it.  an appointment of a junior manager would be negligent in my view.  also - in the best interest of NCFC - the board should radically look at all the options available to them -  are they serving the club as best they should now???  letting granty loose with enough funds to raid the scottish leagues was the same mistake that hamilton made raiding the continent with small change.  to do it once was mistaken - to do it twice is reckless.  we''ve got 24,000 crowds, yet we''re financed like paupers.

[quote user="ron obvious"]

Take TOO MANY chances & you go down the bog, like excrement off a shovel.

[/quote]

In that case we will just finish 15th every year then. Win one, lose one, draw two....... I dont wanna end up like Leeds but for gods sake, there must be a compromise. Look at Wigan, Bolton, Portsmouth. Not big clubs but they have the balls to go forward 

I was thinking the same, all thoese posts slagging him off and as soon as he''s gone everyone posts what a nice guy he was.

There were quite a few of us on here who wanted to give him a bit longer but after the shambles at QPR it was always going to be difficult for him to carry on.

Shame because I liked the guy and his passion for our club and wanted him to turn it round.

I think it''s the right decision for PG to go, but certainly never had a problem with the bloke (as most people don''t). But it does baffle me when fans get personal about managers (and the board) etc just because the results aren''t going right. Strange....

Am with Cityangel - I too hoped that he''d turn it around, but really there was only one possible upshot from yesterday''s efforts. 

I don''t think there are too many who actually dislike PG, so I don''t really see a problem with people feeling sad for him - he clearly had the best intentions at heart, at the end of the day perhaps he just wasn''t quite up to it at the moment.  He seemed a genuine guy, honest and hard working - and if our next manager has anything like half the passion that PG has, we''ll be doing well.

[quote user="Vern from Sky TV"][quote user="ron obvious"]

Take TOO MANY chances & you go down the bog, like excrement off a shovel.

[/quote]

In that case we will just finish 15th every year then. Win one, lose one, draw two....... I dont wanna end up like Leeds but for gods sake, there must be a compromise. Look at Wigan, Bolton, Portsmouth. Not big clubs but they have the balls to go forward 

[/quote]

Although finisning in the exact same spot would be a feat in itself, otherwise I absolutely agree. It just depends where you think the compromise lies - &, actually, I don''t think throwing money at it is the right solution for Norwich (you need obscene amounts of cash to make it work, which NCFC simply don''t have). I think a more intelligent approach is called for, with a good youth & scouting system - more of a Reading than the clubs you quote?

Oh, & a good manager.

Agreed Ron. Throwing money at a problem is not always the answer and carelessness could cost us dear in the long (or short) term. I am just concerned that a club like ours has sold millions of pounds worth of  players in the past few years, replaced them with cheaper ones and still the debt is growing. With regular gates of 23000+ how can this be.

I suspect a little white lie or two from our board.

It is just frustrating that the likes of Andrew Turner could wipe out our debt (not that he should) without even slightly denting his bank acount and we are struggling like crazy.

Put it this way....As a true city fan I would happily plough money into this club if I was worth £275m. It would be like parting with £20 for me

[quote user="cityangel"]

I was thinking the same, all thoese posts slagging him off and as soon as he''s gone everyone posts what a nice guy he was.

There were quite a few of us on here who wanted to give him a bit longer but after the shambles at QPR it was always going to be difficult for him to carry on.

Shame because I liked the guy and his passion for our club and wanted him to turn it round.

[/quote]

Not me...glad to see the back of him. Just the rest of them to bugger off now and I''ll be happy........

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Not me...glad to see the back of him. Just the rest of them to bugger off now and I''ll be happy........

[/quote]

So other than Grant, who has to leave to stop your continual moaning?

[quote user="Vern from Sky TV"]

Exactly the same thing happened with Worthy. Everyone calls for his head, then when he goes they all start saying how they feel sorry for him.

Peter Grant is a nice guy and I do wish him the best BUT he was not up to the job. I dont feel sorry for him because he will very soon find an ambitious board and WILL do very well. He was unfortunate that he bumped into the shower of s**t that is our board.

I would say that our boards "genuine" desire to get back to the premiership AND stay there is 100%.....Unless it costs more than £1000 to get there, in which case it is 0%.

ANY business needs to speculate to accumulate. Take NO chances and you just become a bog standard, steady, boring  business.

Neil Doncaster needs to follow Peter Grants noble example and clear off. We were here before you Neil and we will be here LONG after you have gone.

[/quote]

I do have some Sympathy for Grant,because it was clear he was out of his depth and had not been given the funds he required to rebuild,sadly he didn''t discover this until he''d cleared out half his squad,then discovered that some of his pivotal players (earnshaw and ethuhu-who he''d stuck by despite huge criticism from sections of the fans) had get out of jail free cards inserted into their contracts.

We''ll never get to the root of Safrigate,but i would venture that a player who puts playing minicab and picking up his agent above that of being on time for the club photo,didn''t have the clubs best interest at heart.

As for Huckerby,yes i can feel sympathy for his predicament and comments regarding the sale of the above three players,but if his form suddenly takes a sudden improvement,then i''ll never ever forgive him for the lost points this season,remember 1 point was all it took to stay in the premiership,who vital will each point be come the end of the season? But i fear its age,rather than injury or commitment that has robbed huckerby of his pace this season,only time will tell.

I think the main reason Hunter left was because he was overlooked for the management position, a more established manager would have had the contacts to bring in a new assistant,Grant sadly it seems did not,or was more comfortable with the coaching aspect than the management side of things.

Could any manager on the planet have been able to cope with the above circumstances? I very much doubt it.

So farewell Peter Grant,you were hamstrung from the offset.

Lets hope we see the back of the Vicar too.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I agree with you their that''s what I thought as well!  But I think people wanted him to go as it wasn''t working but it don''t stop people thinking he was a good guy, and I think most (not all) people knew that.  I can''t remember much from when Worthy was sacked but I''m sure there was a bit less of the ''good luck'' posts.