Sign in to follow this  
Al Yellow

Personal Responsibility

Grant had the guts to face up to his personal responsibility for the clubs current predicament. I have enormous respect for the guy for that. Whilst the traditional view always seems to be that the buck stops with the manager I''d like to think the Board and the playing staff are taking a long hard look at themselves this morning. Grant is currently the only one I have respect for. The rest of you should face up to your own personal failures and admit to them ....... Only then can you all move forward with a clean slate from the fans ......

Good luck Peter Grant.

beat me to it, was going to post same....Total respect for Grant in how he''s conducted himself...was learning the No.1 job on the job & not everyone makes the seamless transition up from No2/coach -he''s made his mistakes,

but I believe he''s an honourable man....& it''s a great pity others in yellow & green don''t seem to do an honest days work for their wage.

How Grant was "honourable" I don''t know.  It''s not as if he resigned and walked away with nothing, he spent nearly 24 hours reaching an agreement to leave by mutual consent or in other words, negotiating how money he would leave with.

The man could not make a team out of his own players and despite what people think the players we have are not as bad as 3rd from bottom.  Russell & Chadwick both did well at Stoke before coming here, Cureton was last years top goalscorer.  Hearts fan''s were actually sorry to see Brellier leave, Otsomobor has looked good and Marshall is fairly highly rated.  The players have underperformed no doubt but Grant was the manager and a manager who changed the team line up and formation more often than he went to the toilet.  It appears to me that he overcomplicated everything when he should just have picked a team and went with it for ten games.  I know he has had injuries but still, if all the players were fully fit, Grant would have still changed the team every game.

I have no ill feelings towards Grant, he just wasn''t the right man for the job.  I think he worked hard over the summer in transfer market and I was hopeful of a comfortable mid table season of transition.  Unfortunately he just could not get 11 players to perform as team and that will always be any managers undoing.