Sign in to follow this  
ca

Doncaster on Radio Norfolk - soon

For anyone who doesnt know Doncaster is expected live on Radio Norfolk between 11.15am - 11.45am to answer some of the burning questions that have been put to the board.

Doncaster didn''t sound as bullish as usual. Said nothing really, emphasised it was a mutual thing PG going. Said they had to weigh up what attributes they were looking for in a new manager before getting a shortlist together. Wouldn''t comment on the pay off - just said £600,000 was way off the mark.

He has heard nothing about Delia stepping down. All stuff in Sun is speculation.

Strange though, he didn''t say anything re the Turners, but then again the questions weren''t exactly probing!

The most bizarre and worrying thing I heard was that he doesn''t consider our position at the moment to be a "crisis".

We really do need help people!!

When asked whether PG''s payoff was £600,000 he said it was "well wide of the mark".  Whether lower or higher, who knows? lol.

He admitted that the club''s position was "abysmal" but said it was "nobody''s fault, that''s football".  He did, honestly.

His comments about the Delia rumours were prefaced by that bogstandard getout phrase "As far as I am aware" . . . so take with a pinch of salt.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"] Wouldn''t comment on the pay off - just said £600,000 was way off the mark. [/quote]

So it was nearer £1.6 million then?

To be fair that wasnt how I heard it Gazza. When Goreham asked him about the club being in crisis, he said that comments like that weren''t helpful at this time. Then they moved onto the next question.

Unless I was still dreaming about my gardening skills [:D]

he said it was "nobodys fault" that we were in the bottom 3!!!!!! what a load of crap!

Nice to know the club are taking responsibility as they should be!

I suppose its tyhe fans fault isnt it neil?

unbelieveable!

jas :)

[quote user="Tuck Box"]Here was more defensive than the team have been so far this season!!![/quote]

Have we conceded that many goals?

Doncaster should have done the gardening slot:

''Neil, can you help me trim a thick bush which is hiding my clematis.''

''I don''t like to use the word, hiding and have had no discussions about clematis, calling the bush think isn''t really helpful at this time so I suggest you get a man in a couple of times a week.''

[quote user="mattscousin"]

Neil Doncaster is useless blah blah blah. He didn''t have to go on radio, well done to him. In the words of a jolly fat man many years ago, "if theres anyone out there who thinks they can the club, then come forward... either put up or shut up"

[/quote]Well said. I don''t expect the CE of any failing football club to be a popular figure, but the amount of vitriol laid at his door seem rather disproportionate to me. The blame for our situation lies collectively with the board for appointing an inexperienced manager, partially with that manager for his poor tactics and motivational skills, and partially with the players for a string of dire performances. Doncaster is the board''s mouthpiece and is an easy target for all this stick; bashing him is a case of ''shooting the messenger'' if you ask me. Sure, he has a lot of operational input in the club and is as accountable as anyone else, but all the guy seems to do is ceaselessly answer ill-founded speculation and general bile from disillusioned fans. I''m not saying the fans should keep quiet, they''re absolutely entitled to vent their spleen, but what CE would start agreeing with the fans and say ''yes, you''re right, we''re a complete mess and we should resign immediately''? What do you expect the guy to say? Unfortunately, the ability to ''spin'' or ''toe the board line'' is pretty much a prerequisite for occupying such a pivotal role in a professional football club.