Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Russell's quote in the Pink Un

Does anyone else find this deeply sad?  Unless, of course, it''s ironic...

"Norwich midfielder Darel Russell today said the players should shoulder a large share of the blame for Peter Grant''s departure from Carrow Road.

Speaking before a round of golf at Bawburgh Golf Club, midfielder Darel Russell, who was brought in by Grant from Stoke, said the players have let him down.

“No other manager could have prepared us as well as he has done in such detail for a match situation - we have not put into practice what we''ve been doing in training.

“We''ve got to look at ourselves as players as we''re as much to blame and we''ve got to get everyone performing 100 per cent.”

If I was Duffy, I''d be keeping him back for extra passing practice - then shooting practice - then tackling practice...

"Norwich midfielder Darel Russell today said the players should

shoulder a large share of the blame for Peter Grant''s departure from

Carrow Road.Speaking before a round of golf at Bawburgh Golf Club, midfielder Darel Russell, who was brought in by Grant from Stoke, said the players have let him down.“No

other manager could have prepared us as well as he has done in such

detail for a match situation - we have not put into practice what we''ve

been doing in training.“We''ve got to look at ourselves as players as we''re as much to blame and we''ve got to get everyone performing 100 per cent.”

A bit late now Darel. It''s just as I said - letting the players run the show is letting the loonies run the asylum. I don''t think Grant will make that mistake again if he gets another crack at it.And I hope Rusty''s better at golf than he is at kicking a football, otherwise I''d be very nervous if I lived in Wymondham.

I''ve just read that too - bit late saying that now, should''ve thought that when they were turning in those inept performances!!!!!!!!!!!!  They should all be on the training pitch, not playing golf[8o|]

It''s a bit late now for that, should''ve have thought of supporting PG at the time instead of putting on those inept performances!!!!  Why are they playing golf instead of putting some extra effort in on the training pitch? [8o|]

Could it be that the  golf day was organised months ago to concide with the gap in football and that it may be a charity event.

Plus a bonding sesssion today wont do them any harm!

[quote user="cityangel"]

Could it be that the  golf day was organised months ago to concide with the gap in football and that it may be a charity event.

[/quote]

Grrrr everyday is a charity to these players... wtf! I bet Cureton''s involved, when he should be resting... who''s playing, I want names, i bet it''s all the injured lot... gits

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

You sound just like my wife .

[quote user="Old Salt"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

You sound just like my wife .

[/quote]

Now now Old Salt, don''t get over-excited! She said ''bonding session'' [:$] [6] [;)]

It''s just a shame that either Rusty or somebody else from the playing staff didn''t come out and say that a few games'' back - not that it probably would''ve made much difference!