Sign in to follow this  
 Green and Yellow

Sack Huckerby

Huckerby is a disgrace and should have his contract terminated. His supposed injury was the result of him instructing Grant the the senior player select the team. So if Grant goes so should Huckerby.

[quote user="Grumpy "]Huckerby is a disgrace and should have his contract terminated. His supposed injury was the result of him instructing Grant the the senior player select the team. So if Grant goes so should Huckerby.[/quote]

How sad.

he was very average tonight, a real shame to see this but I think he is past his best and should not be in the starting line up automatically anymore.

If I fell out with my manager and stopped performing at work, I''d get sacked.  Mind you, it''s not just Huckerby, is it?  It''s everyone else except Marshall, by the look of it.

So Grant has to go.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="Grumpy "]Huckerby is a disgrace and should have his contract terminated. His supposed injury was the result of him instructing Grant the the senior player select the team. So if Grant goes so should Huckerby.[/quote]

How sad.

[/quote]

What is sad|? . The fact is that  Grant is out of his depth but Huckerby has been causing him enormous problems which have been covered by a supposed injury. Look at my other threads in relation to the supposed injury.

Hucks is past it.. pure and Simple, He knows it and deep down most Norwich fans do too... i cant see a new manager giving him a look in unless he really pulls his finger out... i think this season is 1 too far for Darren....

jas :)

No service, out of position, what can you say.

No wonder he looks annoyed and isnt performing.

Get rid of Hucks and you can relegate us right now...

the only person at the club (manager, board and the majority of fans included) with any balls!!!

He is gutted with playing for this board of directors rather than Granty himself I would say.

[quote user="Smudger"]

the only person at the club (manager, board and the majority of fans included) with any balls!!!

He is gutted with playing for this board of directors rather than Granty himself I would say.

[/quote]

Smudger, irrespective of the limitation of the manager no one player should behave as Huckerby has done over recent weeks. HE players for the club NOT the other way round. And what  if a new manager comes in and Huckerby does not get on with him OR is TOLD what he is going to do by the new manager.

I agree with you about his off the field stance but there is no excuse for his performances this season, even if not wholly match fit its not good enough Darren

smudger you are so wrong lappin is a better crosser of the ball he can defend and morethere was a signe on the walls of carrow road that saidthe will to win is more important than the skill to winhucks is now two yards off the pace of previous seasons is lazy and will not play for a manager if the manager will not do it his way (just look at how he played to get worthy out)hucks just go and save the club a reported £20.000 a week

How you all hurt huckerby too much

He was my best fans because he show how norwich play all about to help them to premiership.
I think he cant play too well because he do not 100% fit yet!!!!!!!!!!

Grant tried him to play because he thought he 100%, but I think he do not ready for it.

y''all have to leave him alone. he too good for you, he ARE your norwich best support fans.

Think it''s a real shame that so many people have it in for Huckerby/think he''s past it. Well it''s not just a shame, it''s foolish.

Personally I''m going to wait and see what he does under a new manager before I write him off. Hopefully he''ll have better fitness then and be able to be played in his best position. Rather than being played out of position and being criticised whenever possible by a manager who is covering for his own poor tactics, poor team selection and lack of adventure.

Why do most of you expect Huckerby to carry this sorry bunch of garbage that Grant has assembled i do not know , the bottom line is we have sold all our better players and signed a load of crap and we now look the worst side in this division by a huge margin .

[quote user="BARMY ARMY"]so true mate
hucks started it that got worthy out by not wanting to play for him now he is doing it to grant

[/quote]

What a load of rubbish!!!! Hucks was one of the few players that actually did want to play for Worthy!

As I have said before he is a liability.

God knows why Grant started with him tonight and left Martin unsupported up front while Huckerby stood on the left touchline waiting for the perfect hoofed ball.

Not only that but he couldn''t be arsed to work back and when he did get the ball just ran into a blind alley and lost it every time.

No one player is more important than the team.

Has everyone forgot how he finished last season? The birmingham goal?

Christ, it wasn''t that long ago. Give him a break, he''s missed a whole preseason, after xmas we''ll see the best of him again.

Murry on the other hand is shocking, truely clueless. Worst signing of the season, at any club.

Don''t be so stupid! The whole team played bad not just hucks. The problem is the manager!!!!!!!!

[quote user="MK Canary"]Grant plays Huckerby up front again

to be honest, if I was Hucks I''d tell Grant to stuff it as well
[/quote]

Where/how do you play him, then - particularly away from home when you need to be a bit more defensive?  It is a bit of a conundrum that I''ve never been completely sure about.  Hucks is NEVER going to be part of a ''standard'' midfield of 4, it is just not him: midfield is supposed to track back and protect the defence, something he doesn''t do well - at home that is less of a problem as you are more on the offensive.  But away from home is different: imo it does make sense to play 4 others in midfield with him doing his thing - if you play him in a midfield 4, it too easily turns into a 3 and you get overrun.   

dream on hucks wanted worth out more than the fans grant had a go at the bloke and now the toys have flown from the hucks pram againjust look at the way his contract was delt with last season october hucks moans he is in the last year of his contract and he wants to be at the club he lovesnovember december hucks complains about to many players in the last year of their contractsdecember hucks sits down and talks jan hucks signes a new contract at last for how long i ask answer 1 year come on i ask you is that love for a club or just a big wage packet for the over paid premaddona

What do you expect form a player that likes to run at defenders?

The midfield service to the strikers was non-existent tonight.  Hucks would still net 15 a season with a good squad behind him. 

I saw 2 through balls tonight, and 20 long balls.

Hucks shows passion for the club, something a lot of the other players havnt got! Hes the main man, with Dion ,why shouldnt he speak out , hes just thinking what weve known for a long while that this club is in freefall. We need Hucks back playing at his best, he clearly dosnt like grants style of football, ok hes arrogant but thats the man, get off his back!! You all think hes a legend at this club dont deny it, we lose him we re in sh*t street. I think Duffy will take over with Dion.

There is no doubt about the guys ability but look back at his career, a lot of managers have let hm go.Why?

I believe he''s the bad apple in the squad and should be released.

IMO Grant didn''t have the balls to drop him so he''ll get his just rewards shortly.

Get rid of both of them and lets build a "TEAM"

So Martin gets exempt because of the woeful service from midfield,  the same excuse that exonerated Cureton and Dion recently but is ignored for hux and Brown.

Hux is off form - like 25 other pros at the club.   However he remains alone (yes incl dion) in being the only player who can make any real difference.

i feel so sorry for huckerby, hes not played well this season, has been dogged by a groin injury which believe m hurts like hell untill its fully heeled, hes got a numpty of amanger who just cant get it right and has about as much use as a trawler net for a fly trap, hux has been in this situation before, remember he was poor under worthy for last few games of worthys reign but a change in manager bought a new lease of life o him and he started playing well, confidence was up for him, and i feel that withthis team many of them look upto and respect hux and they aint playing cos hux aint playing well, hux is a natural born leader and install morale in the team whn he has high morale himself, hes lost ll respect for the management and has lost all confidence in the managment and it shows, simple get a decent manager who can actually motivate a team and hux will start playing well, get hux playing well and the rest will follow, and until grant goes this team will be fightning a losing battle in the depths of relegationi mean look at the errors grants made, not snapping up ryan shawcross when he was willing to come here, not snapping up riordan when he wouldv been happy to join us and play with marshall, and the latest error, rowan vine, we couldve had him but no grant couldnt be arsed, hes got the money to spend but he wont help himself out of this situation by doing something about itso grant out grant out grant out,  leave now and thanks for bringing the players in u have but its time to go build up ure resume in the lower leagues until u have more management experience

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Smudger we can agree on something at last.