Sign in to follow this  
Barry Brockes

New Manager - Official Odds

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

I know who my money is going on.........Steve Tilson!

Tilson was the boards no1 choice before Grant was appointed, why wouldn''t he be now?

[/quote]

Could you afford the compensation though that Southend would no doubt ask for?
Tilson is under contract until 2010 at least.

That was one positive that came out after the interest from Carrow Road was rumoured to have unsettled him last year!

Malky could be a candidate based on Smith''s usual emotional element....As much as I love the bloke I''d hate to have that memory ruined........

[quote user="Yellow Peril"]

Latest odds from readabet.com:

http://readabet.bestbetting.com/Default.aspx?market=37500929

Jewell, P4
Allen, M5
Bowen, M11/2
Dublin11/2
Bruce, Steve8
Duffy, J8
Crook, I10
Newell, M10
Hoddle, G14
Pearson, N16
Reid, P16
Taylor, Peter16
Pearce, S20
Royle, J20
Ince, P25
Keegan, K25
Tilson, S25
Graham, Graham33

[/quote]

Surprised Steve Bruce is only 8/1, thought he''d be much more than that. Does it mean the bookies think theres a chance of him coming here, they don''t often get it wrong.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]Graham Graham?[/quote]

WHO?!

I think you''re getting mixed up with the former Arsenal manager George George...

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]So good they named him twice.[/quote]

Hey, Pete, don''t give up the day job. [;)]

I''m rooting for the one, the only DION DUBLIN!!!  Why bother going for a proven manager with experience.  We gambled on someone with no first team management experince so why not go one further and gamble on someone with no management experience at all.  Plus think of the money it''ll save us cos we can just pay him once and we have a player manager.

Note:  Tongue firmly in cheek

If I did then the 4 million posts from last night would still be waiting for approval. See, you''ve all fried my brain...

As much as I would love to see Paul Jewell as the next Norwich City manager I just can''t see him takeing up the offer, he''s said plenty of times before that he''s in no rush to return to football and i''m sure he''s waiting on the right job at Premiership level because we all know he''s capable of it - hope i''m wrong though.

I would have Martin Allen down as the favorite which wouldn''t at all be a bad decision IMO

sh*t

Doomcaster: "a lot of high calibre individuals"

I was for Grant but he was also described last year in these terms and it didnt work . . . . .

I''m surprised to not see steve clarke anywhere, what with Henk Ten Cate coming in, i''d like to see Bowen and Clarke, im not so averse to Peter Taylor, i always thought he was a very good coach, but thats what i''d bring him in for-not as a manager.

[quote user="Jez"]I''m rooting for the one, the only DION DUBLIN!!!  Why bother going for a proven manager with experience.  We gambled on someone with no first team management experince so why not go one further and gamble on someone with no management experience at all.  Plus think of the money it''ll save us cos we can just pay him once and we have a player manager.

Note:  Tongue firmly in cheek
[/quote]

Personally, I think that Dublin would be a good choice. Mature, great track record playing at the top of the game, enjoys great respect of players and managers alike, know our squad and set-up inside out and taking all into account is more likely than most to get the best out of the players, including Hux ! Seriously, I would give him the job until the end of the year and review then.

I understand Tilson had it written into his new contract that he is free to speak to anyone who is interested in his services which should prevent the problems we had with him last time around. Despite understandable please for the likes of Double D, Bowen and Malky I still firmly believe we must go for a proven and experienced manager with maybe Double D as coach if he''s interested. It''s just too risky to go with another unproven manager given our precarious state. Another failure and it''s Division 1 here we come and maybe worse.

Chris Coleman as boss with his old Welsh teammate Iwan as no2 and an experienced first team coach.  That would be a great combination i like Coleman as a manager and he was doing well at Fulham until Fayed made them sell thier best players.  Great motivational pairing 

Bowen was interviwed for the job last time and did not get offered it so i doubt very much he will be in the running this time.

Jewell woul dbe by far and away my preferred option but i think is unlikely.

Unlike many i think Hoddle would be decent as well. He had England playing decent football and didn''t actually lose that many at Wolves just drew a lot of games.

I''d like Gary Johnson of Bristol City. Good track record of having success whilst playing good football with both City and Yeovil. Nobody seems to have mentioned him.