Mike Walker 50/1,

Kevin Reeves 50/1,

John Collins 50/1,

Denis Wise 66/1,

Kevin Keegan 100/1,

Jose Mourinho 1000/1,

Delia Smith 10000/1

Place your bets.

Knowing of our liking for appointing managers with history at the club I thought I might bung a few quid on Kevin Bond. I can''t believe we''ll go for another rookie manager which will eliminate a few. Warnock appears to be going to Palace, Bruce is still officially in a job and surely we won''t consider perennial failures like Reid, Hoddle and Taylor which means that the list could be shortened considerably.

I think the only way that Jewell would consider us if he was promised a suitable amount of funds to work with to rebuild and restructure, its what he had with Wigan, he''s capable.

Interesting times lie ahead.

Jewell will be top of the list as alot of fans will want him and bet on him - so the bookies shorten the odds to protect their pockets.Delia at 10,000 to 1 might be good money making.  put £10 on then bung her 25 grand to make herself manager for a (non-match) day then sack herself.  £75k profit!

jewell is looking strong, but bowen was always my choice to replace worthy, and at 4-1 2nd fave - he must be a strong contender to replace grant - but when??? i''d like royle in to steady the ship until the end of the season, i''m convinced with 2/3 decent loanees we''ll stay up - then draft bown in for the start of next season with a healthy pot of turner gold -  delicious!

Don''t forget Jewell left Wigan because he was sick of the fans not appreciating what he was doing. He better not read this website, he won''t come near us...

Given all thats been said about Grants appointment, inexperienced etc, how would people feel about Paul Ince? Did a top job at Macclesfield last season, now doing likewise at MK Dons. A very good years work, but at a lower level.

Jewell gets my vote for what its worth, but I can''t see it happening.

But is Jewell the man for the job? He did ok at Wigan with the JJB money being thrown at him in millions. He did ok at Bradford when they appeared to be loaded and threw millions at him. However, when he was at Sheffield Wednesday with no money to work with he couldn''t do anything. Not a cast-iron certainty to succeed here in my book, even if he were to come which is doubtful. I suspect, being based up North, he''ll be waiting for Bolton to come up as it surely will sooner or later or Blackburn if Hughes moves on. Can''t see we''ll go for big fat Joe with his recent history at ''that place'', Take out the rookies and the same old names that always come up but with tarnished reputations, including Newell, and Tilson and Allen might be at shorter odds in a few days'' time than they are now or what about Hareide who so nearly came here last time but for a last-minute hitch.  

I know who my money is going on.........Steve Tilson!

Tilson was the boards no1 choice before Grant was appointed, why wouldn''t he be now?

Would love to see Jewell, Pearce or Bowen in charge!

Come on you yellows!!!

Still sticking to my guns on Ruud Gullit, easily far better than tosh like Jewell, Hoddle and Warnock, or any of these inexperienced managers that people seem to think will be massively different to Grant.Well worth the money, let''s see what Doncaster is really like at sales...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Still sticking to my guns on Ruud Gullit, easily far better than tosh like Jewell, Hoddle and Warnock, or any of these inexperienced managers that people seem to think will be massively different to Grant.

Well worth the money, let''s see what Doncaster is really like at sales...
[/quote]

With all the different names mentioned by everybody on here there are obviously going to be some unhappy posters when the name is revealed 

Warnock will be announced as new Palace boss in the morning, Jewell is not interested in returning to the game at the moment. Mark my words, Norwich have approached Glenn Hoddle.

Of that lot, and assuming Jewell''s out, John Collins. But there''s less chance of getting him than Jewell, I suppose.