Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Thanks Granty

ok so it went pear shaped but he did rescue the Situation after Worthington somewhat...

I feel sorry for him as he wanted it to work and i do feel he genuinly believed he could bring success to the club.. sadly it wasnt to be.

I admire Grantys honesty and hope he goes onto coach elsewhere and enjoys success as a number 2. Worthington held on for all he could get but Grant has admitted he wasnt cut out for it.... he wanted what was best for the club and the fans and has decided to walk away....

Sad to see it didnt work out but i for one wish him all the best... he''d certainly be welcome as a guest of the club to watch a match im sure... which he probably will as an assistant manager for someone in the future when they sign one of our players!

jas :)

Could not agree more with your post, Grant seemed to be a really honest and decent bloke who just should never have been given the job in the first place.  Let’s hope he gets himself a good job elsewhere soon.

OTBC

sure - best wishes granty....i believed him when he said it was a dream come true to come here - despite everything there is a special atmosphere in our city.gutted for him and pleased for NCFC in equal measure!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]sure - best wishes granty....

i believed him when he said it was a dream come true to come here - despite everything there is a special atmosphere in our city.

gutted for him and pleased for NCFC in equal measure!
[/quote]

Yep spot on "lucky " couldn''t agree more.arrdee

Come on, give the bloke some credit at least! He''s tried his best and it just didn''t come off. But is it really surprising when he has had to work on a shoestring budget? As they say, you can''t make a silk purse out of a sow''s ear, so how could he be expected to work miracles with a team of players who just aren''t star quality ''cos he hasn''t had the financial backing to buy any better?! Good luck to Peter Grant, wherever he goes. P.S. Does anyone know any multi-billionaires who could buy NCFC and then we could expect to see top players bought in to get the results we all dream of?!

I completely agree - I think his comment that ''the balls didn''t bounce the right way for me'' was just about spot on.

I think he should be thanked for at least being honest about the state of the playing sides when he got here - he''s given people a kick up the arse that was much needed and maybe the new manager and board will take heed.

Shame he couldn''t translate it to the pitch - he clearly genuinely cared about this club and we shouldn''t bear any malice towards him.

Good luck Granty.

We would like to express our heartfelt best wishes to Peter

Roger Munby
Norwich City chairman

Me too, now why dont you recognise that you as a board are a bunch of amateurs, be as gracious as Peter Grant and resign.

Got to echo all thats been said.

I was disappointed with his appointment initially but warmed to him very quickly-he really looked as if he wanted success and was doing to do everything he could to achieve it, he talked of winning the league, of having quality players, he cared about the club and was delighted to have the job. And yes, he seemed a decent bloke into the bargain. In short, he ticked a lot of boxes, but, of course, after bathing in the warm sunlight of someone talking the talk, you do tend to sit back and wait for them to walk the walk...and when the honeymoon period was over, things were found wanting...

I think the best thing Granty has done here is to further expose the malaise that exists deep, deep within the club and that ther is something, very obviously, rotten and stinking somewhere. It continually affects the finances, it seems to have affected the team spirit, it sure as hell has permeated into the fan base with Norwich fans now at each others throats just as much, if not, even more, than they were at the end of the Worthington era.

IMHO it all started when we were promoted. NW started to take apart the team spirit by discarding big players -and by that I mean within the club and dressing room- like Iwan, Malky....and bringing in big earners on a pension-Helveg stands out-and, eventually discarding other popular players, Edworthy being another one, I think he could STILL do a job for us at right back!

Am sure that cliques started to develop within the club then and the famous team spirit began to disappear.

And its never really recovered-and there are still cliques within the club and dressing room, of that, I am certain. Maybe one of them now is "them and us"-Peter''s players and whose left of Nigel''s players. Shackell being made captain, that spoke volumes, clearly one of Grants favourites, one of "his boys", new contract as well when it wasn''t at all necessary.

And thats just the tip of the iceberg!

We now wonder if the new boss isn''t going to do exactly what Grant did and bring in HIS own players-Grant was able to, you would expect any new Manager to do exactly the same-and why not, this season is a write off now, start all over again and see what happens between now and May and how optimistic we can be for next season.

In the meantime, I think that Grant will recover from this and go on to be a success as a Manager. The much vaunted Paul Jewell had a nightmare time at Sheffield Wednesday, but he bounced back, having learnt from that. I think Grant will as well. So yes, good luck Peter-and for what you did do for us, thanks...

lets face it, norwich had team capable of top 6 last season, they simply choose the wrong man as suggested above, its not his fault, he was the one offered the job, the money and probably got told players like earnshaw would stay n promised more of transfer budget/wage budget

its not grants fault its the boards fault of picking an un-experienced manager and throwing him in deep end hoping he''ll do a billy davies, aidy bothroyd job

So how many more thank you threads for a man who took us from 7th off top to within a point off bottom in just under a year?

Anybody would think that Grant did a half decent job voluntarily the way you lot are harping on - the reality is that he did a poor job for wages most people would give a limb for.

Get real you people.

Its not solely about Grant and you know it Shyster. You need to get real if you think everything that has gone wrong with this club for the last 3-4 years is down to him.

yes,

thanks for getting rid of Worthy''s sh!te and replacing it with your own, few of which (Marshall excepted) look any better than their predecessors. Although a 3 minute clip on youtube is enough to persuade anyone otherwise especially if they have a nickname.

thanks for playing Doherty and Cureton when they were injured.

thanks for leaving us in the bottom 3.

thanks for presiding over a team that hasn''t scored for 9 hours+.

thanks for enabling be to go to 9 league matches this season at great expense to witness the garbage.

thanks for nothing.

p.s. and we all know it was Huckerby and Drury''s fault.

good post, he did his best and didn''t work out, you can''t knock his effort. Hope he finds a positions that suits him elsewhere.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Its not solely about Grant and you know it Shyster. You need to get real if you think everything that has gone wrong with this club for the last 3-4 years is down to him.

[/quote]

Believe me I''m no supporter of what this Board has done since promotion to the Premier, and their hanging on to Worthington too long before employing an inadequate manager as a replacement is all very much common knowledge, which is why I didn''t feel the need to say it over again.

Still doesn''t alter the fact that Grant was paid relatively good wages to do a job he knew he wasn''t up to, so why the heck would I thank him for that?

If it makes you lot feel better in some small way to feel sorry for Grant and offer him your best wishes, then so be it.

But I will tell you this:  it''s precisely the kind of piteous attitude displayed within these types of thread that makes our club & its supporters a laughing stock all over the country.

Absolutely agree with you Jas. 

Nobody could doubt that PG was passionate about managing NCFC and  I''m sure he will be massively successful at another club.

I agree with Jas. Grant is obviously not a world-class manager and though he didn''t successfully manage to sort out the dross he inherited from Worthless (who is still attributable IMHO) I genuinely believe he gave it a good shot. He saw all his star players walk out thanks to ridiculous loopholes in their contracts, kicked out a lot of rubbish like Hughes, Robinson, Louis-Jean etc, was unlucky with injuries and I do believe that he wasn''t too bad in the transfer market (Marshall, Otsemobor, Cureton, Russell etc). I''ll probably get slated for saying this but I didn''t think Grant was too bad a manager given the mess he took over and the ''prudence with stupid contracts'' of the board.

All the best PG!

Totally agreed, No problem with him all along he was set up to fail by the real culprits. Good luck for the future and maybe some real men will listen to your points instead of sulking. Christ we need some new players!!

Thanks Grant I really did want it to work, sometimes it just doesnt.

The will was there, just the tactics were not

It doesnt matter now, good luck!