Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Why isn't Robert Green in the England squad?

It is ridiculous

we have:-

Paul ''Error Strwen'' Robinson

Ageing David ''Calamity'' James

Scott ''Not as good as everyone makes out'' Carson

Lucky us!

Lets be realistic, from McLarens perspective Green is at least sixth in the pecking order behind Robinson, James, Carson, Kirkland and Foster (who is the best of this bunch in my opinion). The only way he is ever going to get the jersey if he goes to play for a big club like Arsenal (who are the most likley of the big four to need a new keeper). In the same way, Ashton and Etuhu only got international recognition the second they joined the prem, even though their form did not chnage overnight.

beats me too!

The man is Brilliant for West Ham, my mates a hammer and rates him a lot. Just as we did!

Any Ex - Norwich players like Ashton I wish them all well.

(except for the losers that is)

I have always thought Green was a brilliant shot stopper but always worried about his two steps forward two steps back approach to crosses/corners etc. I for one would pick other over Green due to this weakness.

I would have him in, only so he could fake kicking the ball to make away fans look muppets during there abuse!!!I used to love it when he did that to the IpS*** fans.Would go with foster myself!!

Green single handedly (or double handedly) kept west ham up last year with some top saves and is carrying on his form this year, is crazy.

Arsene Wenger wants to buy West Ham goalkeeper Robert Green. The £6m-rated stopper is fed up with consistently being overlooked by England boss Steve McClaren and wants to boost his chances of an international call-up with a move to the Emirates. (The Sun)

But if he goes to Arsenal he''ll only get about one shot and two back passes per match to field!

The lad''s certainly not used to that is he?

Difficult decision to make if the opportunity arises.

Wenger also wants/needs a token Englishman in his team, so...........tread wisely Greeno.

OTBC

[quote user="Desert Fox"]Arsene Wenger wants to buy West Ham goalkeeper Robert Green. The £6m-rated stopper is fed up with consistently being overlooked by England boss Steve McClaren and wants to boost his chances of an international call-up with a move to the Emirates. (The Sun)[/quote]Do we have a sell on clause?

[quote user="Smudger"]Coz the England manager is as clueless as ours???  [:D][/quote]What is going on - i agreed with Cluck on something yesterday and not this!! McClown has only discovered a cohesive, winning team by accident because of all the injuries to his ''galacticos''. Rest assured he''ll let them all back in again as soon as they''re fit and they''ll mess up the balance of the team and we''ll be rubbish again!

Green still looks suspect when dealing with routine crosses and corners. I would have expected his decision making to have improved over time playing at a higher level. But apparently it hasn''t.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Green still looks suspect when dealing with routine crosses and corners. I would have expected his decision making to have improved over time playing at a higher level. But apparently it hasn''t.

[/quote]

Pyro.

Which goalkeeper doesn''t these days with the strategies and tactics now used to block keepers? I think your operative word is "apparently''. Either it has or has not, or you are retailing hearsay.

If KK was around today, I''m sure we''d see a few more right hooks.[:D] I say this tongue in cheek because I think that Greeno needs to be a bit more aggressive.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Either it has or has not, or you are retailing hearsay.

[/quote]It has not, ''apparently''.