Sign in to follow this  
psychedeliasmith

Delia Sells

[quote user="ob1"]

It''s been confirmed that she isn''t selling.

The only thing that is selling, is newspapers who make up stories without any basis in fact...!

[/quote]

Er,  no it hasn''t ob1.

I''ve just watched Doomy on ''Look East and ''About Anglia''. He was quite vague and it sounded very much like ''we are not in talks with West Ham over Ashton''. He also said ''nothing would suprise me in football''.

Trust me, this is being held back for next weeks shareholders meeting.

And just why are the camera''s now being allowed into Carrow Road? because they are happy to encourage the speculation, thats why!.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="psychedeliasmith"]Has anyone been watching Sky Sports News. They just went through thye papers and, although they didn''t mention it, at the top-left of The Sun''s backpage for tomorrow was the headline Delia Sells!
[/quote]

I saw it too...but it actually said "Delia smells".......

Just thought I''d clear this one up for you.........

[/quote]

pmsl... over to ''The Turnips'' then.... lets see how much they are prepared to invest in the team on the pitch shall we???

[/quote]

Smudger. I believe that debate has to have different opinions, that is the fabric of life. At times  you come in for a lot of criticism which, in my opinion, is unfair because of what I just stated regarding debate. Your last comment about the Turners has resulted in you losing all credibility with me. If just proves that you are just a wind up person. Give them a chance before you start.  

[quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="psychedeliasmith"]Has anyone been watching Sky Sports News. They just went through thye papers and, although they didn''t mention it, at the top-left of The Sun''s backpage for tomorrow was the headline Delia Sells!
[/quote]

[/quote]

pmsl... over to ''The Turnips'' then.... lets see how much they are prepared to invest in the team on the pitch shall we???

[/quote]

Smudger. I believe that debate has to have different opinions, that is the fabric of life. At times  you come in for a lot of criticism which, in my opinion, is unfair because of what I just stated regarding debate. Your last comment about the Turners has resulted in you losing all credibility with me. If just proves that you are just a wind up person. Give them a chance before you start.  

[/quote]

A shame then that it took you so long to come to that assumption Grumpy.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="ob1"]

It''s been confirmed that she isn''t selling.

The only thing that is selling, is newspapers who make up stories without any basis in fact...!

[/quote]

Er,  no it hasn''t ob1.

I''ve just watched Doomy on ''Look East and ''About Anglia''. He was quite vague and it sounded very much like ''we are not in talks with West Ham over Ashton''. He also said ''nothing would suprise me in football''.

Trust me, this is being held back for next weeks shareholders meeting.

And just why are the camera''s now being allowed into Carrow Road? because they are happy to encourage the speculation, thats why!.

[/quote]

I would agree with that, you can''t just go on the words that have come out of Doomcaster''s mouth, i''m sure there''s more to this than what he has let out (like always) so it will be very interesting to see what happens at the shareholders meeting on the 18th I beleive it is?..

[quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why should I give them chance?

Did you not say that Grant was c**p and not what we needed prior to him having a chance in City''s managerial hotseat.

You were one of the first on his case a year ago (if I remember rightly).

It is my opinion that ''The Turnips'' can''t do anything about the current situation without the likes of a Peter Callum.

Just my opinion... like it or lump it mate... but it will continue to be said unless they can prove me wrong!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Did you not say that Grant was c**p and not what we needed prior to him having a chance in City''s managerial hotseat.

It is my opinion that ''The Turnips'' can''t do anything about the current situation without the likes of a Peter Callum.

Just my opinion... like it or lump it mate... but it will continue to be said unless they can prove me wrong!!!

[/quote]

Come on then Smudger, tell me and other poster what you want or would like to see happen.

My views are,

1, Grant was never up to the job.

2,  Delia has had her time and it is now time for new blood in the Boardroom.

3, and finally,Doncaster has presided over the club during which his skills and judgement have been called into question. When a business goes into financial trouble and NCFC is now a business the C/E normally resignes or is given  a golden handshake and leaves.

So come Smudger stop whining and gives us some of your views on the way forward. Or are you just good at winding up without any substance. 

[quote user="Smudger"]

It is my opinion that ''The Turnips'' can''t do anything about the current situation without the likes of a Peter Callum. [/quote]

Why''s that then Smudger???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger you cannot even get your facts right can you. Look at my aviator I joined on the 28th December 2006. I joined as a direct result of monitoring Grant for almost three months'' and then made my judgement of him, not prior to him being in the hot seat as you state.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

It is my opinion that ''The Turnips'' can''t do anything about the current situation without the likes of a Peter Callum. [/quote]

[/quote]

Not enough money to even take enough control from Delia & Michael in my opinion (let alone do anything much to the team).

All their money is tied up in their business CA.

Unless they are willing to take out further loans or sell part of their business then they simply do not have the finances require to take us forward (yet again my opinion).

[quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger you cannot even get your facts right can you. Look at my aviator I joined on the 28th December 2006. I joined as a direct result of monitoring Grant for almost three months'' and then made my judgement of him, not prior to him being in the hot seat as you state.

[/quote]

Just calling it as I see it Grumpy...

As I remember it yourself and Ronbol_Ronbol were two of the first posters giving Granty a hard time.

Not saying that you were wrong in doing so (as I never thought he was up for the job either), but I do feel that you and others have pointed the finger of blame more towards Grant than the real culprits in the boardroom.

Yet again I may be wrong... just the way I see it!!!

As for what I would like done.... I think we need an entire clearout of the current board from top to bottom (The Turnip Turners included).

From the managerial candidates currently available (and after reviewing what I said yesterday) I would go for Mike Newell....

The reasons for this are that candidates such as Paul Jewell would not look twice at us... I mean why would he want to risk his good reputation in coming to Norwich, when he is likely to recieve little money to turn an awful squad of players around who are clearly in trouble of leading their club to the 3rd tier of English football for the first time in nearly 50years? 

We also need somebody who will not cost us too much money (after yet another hefty pay-off) and somebody who will possibly see us as an upwards step in their managerial career.

We also need somebody that is proven at this level and who has a massive personality, in order to give this club THE MASSIVE kick up the @rse that it currently needs.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Not enough money to even take enough control from Delia & Michael in my opinion (let alone do anything much to the team).

All their money is tied up in their business CA.

Unless they are willing to take out further loans or sell part of their business then they simply do not have the finances require to take us forward (yet again my opinion).

[/quote]

This is probably true. Hopefully they can at least buy her out and keep us financed until a certain owner of a leading UK-based insurance broker can take us over. They may even have something to do with this certain gentleman, we can only hope so.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As I remember it yourself and Ronbol_Ronbol were two of the first posters giving Granty a hard time.

Not saying that you were wrong in doing so (as I never thought he was up for the job either), but I do feel that you and others have pointed the finger of blame more towards Grant than the real culprits in the boardroom.

As for what I would like done.... I think we need an entire clearout of the current board from top to bottom (The Turnip Turners included).

From the managerial candidates currently available (and after reviewing what I said yesterday) I would go for Mike Newell....

The reasons for this are that candidates such as Paul Jewell would not look twice at us... I mean why would he want to risk his good reputation in coming to Norwich, when he is likely to recieve little money to turn an awful squad of players around who are clearly in trouble of leading their club to the 3rd tier of English football for the first time in nearly 50years? 

We also need somebody who will not cost us too much money (after yet another hefty pay-off) and somebody who will possibly see us as an upwards step in their managerial career.

We also need somebody that is proven at this level and who has a massive personality, in order to give this club THE MASSIVE kick up the @rse that it currently needs.

[/quote]

I can understand your comments, that does not mean that I agree with them, but where is your evidence regarding the Turners. They are not part of the tired old Board room. They invested during the summer and as yet have been in a position to show us, the fans ,what they can do or intend to do. With that in mind who would you want in the Boardroom? 

[quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can understand your comments, that does not mean that I agree with them, but where is your evidence regarding the Turners. They are not part of the tired old Board room. They invested during the summer and as yet have been in a position to show us, the fans ,what they can do or intend to do. With that in mind who would you want in the Boardroom? 

[/quote]

Callum or anybody else with the finances to take the club forwards.

Don''t mind ''The Turnip Turners'' stopping if Delia & Michael go totally... I would not want to see both still sat on the board.

In my opinion the board needs a major overhaul, not just minor surgery.

If both the Turners and Delia & MWJ''s stay then as far as I can see not much will change.

As for evidence regarding the Turners... do I need it???

As I have stated... IT IS MY OPINION... that I do not feel that they have the money required to make the significant changes needed at Carrow Road.

If the Turners can get rid of Delia and Michael FULL STOP and then help to bring in further investment from somebody with Peter Callum''s finances then they will have my backing.

As things stand... I just see them as another part of a failing boardroom.

I find myself agreeing with a number of Smudger''s posts today. I suspect the Turners don''t have enough cash to make a dramatic difference at the moment but then I doubt if callum has either at the moment. I think it would take about 40m of cash investment to make a real difference ie premiership.Unfortunately I doubt if there is many if any with that kind of cash who are genuine Norwich fans looking to invest. So I suspect smudger can carry on posting safe in the knowledge that he is asking for something that is extremely unlikely but then we only need one such investor.

[quote user="T"]I find myself agreeing with a number of Smudger''s posts today. I suspect the Turners don''t have enough cash to make a dramatic difference at the moment but then I doubt if callum has either at the moment. I think it would take about 40m of cash investment to make a real difference ie premiership.Unfortunately I doubt if there is many if any with that kind of cash who are genuine Norwich fans looking to invest. So I suspect smudger can carry on posting safe in the knowledge that he is asking for something that is extremely unlikely but then we only need one such investor.[/quote]

Just because it is unlikely, does not mean that each and every City fan should be striving for that to happen right now.

There has not ben a bigger chance for the club to move forwards since the day that Chase left in my opinion.

It would be a mighty shame for us to revert back to type for yet more of the same dross that we have had to put up with for the majority of the past 12 years now wouldn''t it???

[quote user="T"]I find myself agreeing with a number of Smudger''s posts today. I suspect the Turners don''t have enough cash to make a dramatic difference at the moment but then I doubt if callum has either at the moment. I think it would take about 40m of cash investment to make a real difference ie premiership.Unfortunately I doubt if there is many if any with that kind of cash who are genuine Norwich fans looking to invest. So I suspect smudger can carry on posting safe in the knowledge that he is asking for something that is extremely unlikely but then we only need one such investor.[/quote]

Just because it is unlikely, does not mean that each and every City fan should be striving for that to happen right now.

There has not ben a bigger chance for the club to move forwards since the day that Chase left in my opinion.

It would be a mighty shame for us to revert back to type for yet more of the same dross that we have had to put up with for the majority of the past 12 years now wouldn''t it???

Ignore the previous... should was meant to read shouldn''t... [*-)]

Callum or anybody else with the finances to take the club forwards.

Yep. Of course, although theres still speculation that the Turners are working on his behalf.

Don''t mind ''The Turnip Turners'' stopping if Delia & Michael go totally... I would not want to see both still sat on the board.

I''ll go with that.

If both the Turners and Delia & MWJ''s stay then as far as I can see not much will change.

I''ll let her stay in her/our kitchens but that about it.

As for evidence regarding the Turners... do I need it???

No, provided you don''t ask for evidence when others state their views

As I have stated... IT IS MY OPINION... that I do not feel that they have the money required to make the significant changes needed at Carrow Road.

This is partly true. They could make some changes but this does depends on how much spending money they actually have to invest (No-one really knows this). Like Mr Cullum himself they''d need to sell their company to make any real significant changes. I''d still take them short term however.

If the Turners can get rid of Delia and Michael FULL STOP and then help to bring in further investment from somebody with Peter Callum''s finances then they will have my backing.

Same here. Maybe she can stay in the kitchens but thats about it.