Sign in to follow this  
psychedeliasmith

Delia Sells

I dont care who is on the board as long as "on the pitch" comes first

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

They are lifelong Norwich fans, but they''ve also said in the past that they believe that it should be possible to run a football club at a profit, which suggests a continuation of the mainly good work done by Smith and Jones - don''t expect Christian Vieri, Jay Jay Okocha or the like on loan any time soon.  Many successful business people have discovered in the past running a football club at a profit this is very difficult to acheive, especially outside the premiership.Interesting times, with all that implies...

From todays Pink''un

"For the seeds of the current crisis, however, the clock has to be turned back by more than three years. In May 2004, City were celebrating the unstoppable surge to the Premiership. They finished the season one win away from safety. Arguably, they were one or two quality players away from laying firm foundations in the top flight. But the board''s policy of “prudence with ambition” delivered relegation. Less prudence, more ambition may have been the way forward. Speculate to accumulate".

Its a pity it''s taken so long for the papers and some supports to understand its the board thats the real problem at Carrow Rd, and now it maybe too late to save this season and even the club. "Prudence with ambition" has killed FOOTBALL at NCFC. It''s time for a change, give FOOTBALL a chance.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]Look out for a massive ego boosting, publicity charged event next Thursday with the faithful lining up to pay homage and Smith leaving the stage to a thundering standing ovation. Make no mistake, she wants that to be her legacy not a series of calls for her resignation.        [/quote]Wouldn''t you want to leave that legacy if you''d invested millions of pounds of your own money in something you really cared about? Don''t get me wrong, I think selling out to the Turners is absolutely the right thing to do at this point, but surely they deserve at least some degree of thanks for the time and money they''ve invested to keep us afloat in the aftermath of relegation, the Chase legacy, the ITV Digital collapse and so on. We all know they dragged their feet too long over Worthy, but what''s happening this week shows that they learnt from their mistakes. They may not be leaving us in the best financial position, but at least they''re selling out to people who could wipe the slate clean in an instant if they so desired.Honestly, I can''t believe how some people are still complaining - we got rid of Grant, Delia and Michael are selling their shares, surely now is a time when all fans can look to the future with a little bit of hope!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="psychedeliasmith"]Has anyone been watching Sky Sports News. They just went through thye papers and, although they didn''t mention it, at the top-left of The Sun''s backpage for tomorrow was the headline Delia Sells!
[/quote]

I saw it too...but it actually said "Delia smells".......

Just thought I''d clear this one up for you.........

[/quote]

pmsl... over to ''The Turnips'' then.... lets see how much they are prepared to invest in the team on the pitch shall we???

[/quote]

Grant gone.......Delia gone............theres only 1 person left now, thats you smudger.   Either that or you''ll have to start attending games............shocking idea isn''t it.

[quote user="10 Bryceland"]Mystic, you either believe that PG had all the available money at his disposal or you believe that there is more money somewhere that was denied him.  PG was looking to bring in players on loan up to the very end so it would seem that money was available to him.  But if you think the board was being prudent and saving for a rainy day, and yesterday certainly was in more ways than one, then how much is available and where is it?[/quote]

It''s the latter, Bryceland.

In the past two seasons the club has made over £3m profit from selling players.  All of it - ALL of it - has been salted away as "retained profit".  Saved for a rainy day, as you say.  The idea of "retained profit" is basically to minimise taxation as I understand it.  Profits only become taxable once they are actually reinvested, and if at a later stage the company makes a loss, retained profit can be used to offset the loss without paying tax. 

So from a long-term, purely financial point of view, retaining profit makes sense.  From a short-term, purely footballing point of view, retaining profit made from selling players while the team slides towards relegation . . . well, I can''t think of a word for it that the moderators would possibly allow.

So Smudger, you''ve got your name for the Turners already- "The Turnips"!!!

You must be hoping that they buy Delia out -and that isn''t going to be cheap- and then ''only'' invest a few million more so you can accuse them of not wanting the club to progress, lack of ambition, "Turnips Out!" etc etc etc?

Incredible isn''t it?

And so what if Delia & MWJ are hoping to leave with a postive response from most fans, they''ll get just that, all the more so if this is the case, for doing so at the right -maybe a little late- time and for finding new investors, wealthy investors at that. But they can''t do right for wrong, so...whatever!

Dread to think what little nickname you have for Sir Geoffrey Watling!

I actually agree with you on your core argument-that it IS time for the club to move forward, and it is right to seek and secure serious football investment, the theory being that in football, "to speculate to accumulate" can often pay off-look at how its succeeded for Reading, for example, but even their Chairman has said he isn''t rich enough to take them to the next stage -the one after the one we are now looking to get to-and Madjeski is a lot wealthier than the Turners!

Everything is speculation at the moment, things DO seem to be happening, lets see exactly what-but I now look forward to seeing you at a game soon and yes, will buy you a pint!

[quote user="mystic megson"]

The important point is that despite the headline suggesting a sell off, the article only talks about the Turners being ready to "significantly increase their stake and take charge".  This could relate to the £1m new share issue being voted on at the AGM.  It does NOT say anything about D&M selling their shares. 

It also says that D&M are "likely to remain on the board but are keen to take a back seat".  Look folks, no one with an overall majority shareholding is going to take a back seat.  The club needs to take a whole new direction, and this gives me absolutely no confidence that that will happen.  D&M will be able to veto anything they don''t like.  It''s a seamless transition on the road to hell.

My first reaction is that it''s an attempt to head off calls for them to step down altogether. As things stand I shall turn up at the AGM as planned and vote against their reelection to the board.

[/quote]

I too think that this article should be viewed with caution Mystic.

The Turners do not have enough money to drastically change things on their own.  If Peter Callum gets involved and ''The Turnip Turners'' are to him just what Munby and Doncaster have been for Delia though then things really would be moving in the right direction.

I would like to see Delia & Michael with less than 5% shares in the club if they are to stay on the board at all... otherwise they should leave the building alltogether.

[quote user="topoftheleague"]This is excellent news! Time for a fresh start all around. New manager and new owners. I hope peter cullum comes on board too![/quote]

That is the only way that ''The Turnip Turners'' will make a good fist of things I fear... with Callum on the board in a small capacity (investing little time but lots of money).

Delia and Michael if staying need to have their holding in the club reduced to 5% or under... otherwise effectively I expect little to change.

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="psychedeliasmith"]Has anyone been watching Sky Sports News. They just went through thye papers and, although they didn''t mention it, at the top-left of The Sun''s backpage for tomorrow was the headline Delia Sells!
[/quote]

I saw it too...but it actually said "Delia smells".......

Just thought I''d clear this one up for you.........

[/quote]

pmsl... over to ''The Turnips'' then.... lets see how much they are prepared to invest in the team on the pitch shall we???

[/quote]

Don''t think so Dicky... this just stinks of the same old Smith & Jones tricks though (prior to next weeks AGM).

If Delia & Michael''s shares are to be reduced to 5% or less and Peter Callum throws in some financial muscle then I have no problem at all with ''The Turnip Turners''

To say that any drastic changes are to happen otherwise is yet more hot air from the board and the Percy Positives I am afraid.

So you dont want Delia and hubby and you now dont want the Turners to take over, so who the f*** do you want to run the club??

[/quote]

What Todger and his cronies want is an excuse to slag off the club at every opportunity.  Surely we all know that by now.

[/quote]

Smudger, face it, nothing or no one is ever going to make you happy. Who does it take to give you some much needed hope?

If you cannot come up with anything new to say, excepting to find some stupid names for a couple who are actively trying to help our club, then just at least come up with some real constructive criticism of the Turners.

So far they have loaned 2m to the club (and not asked for it back). They are being groomed to take over from Delia in due course. Their presence on the board will help to attract additional investment.

Peter Cullum is more likely to be involved with them there isn''t he? Who is on your list to invest or buy the club?

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

So Smudger, you''ve got your name for the Turners already- "The Turnips"!!!

You must be hoping that they buy Delia out -and that isn''t going to be cheap- and then ''only'' invest a few million more so you can accuse them of not wanting the club to progress, lack of ambition, "Turnips Out!" etc etc etc?

Incredible isn''t it?

And so what if Delia & MWJ are hoping to leave with a postive response from most fans, they''ll get just that, all the more so if this is the case, for doing so at the right -maybe a little late- time and for finding new investors, wealthy investors at that. But they can''t do right for wrong, so...whatever!

Dread to think what little nickname you have for Sir Geoffrey Watling!

I actually agree with you on your core argument-that it IS time for the club to move forward, and it is right to seek and secure serious football investment, the theory being that in football, "to speculate to accumulate" can often pay off-look at how its succeeded for Reading, for example, but even their Chairman has said he isn''t rich enough to take them to the next stage -the one after the one we are now looking to get to-and Madjeski is a lot wealthier than the Turners!

Everything is speculation at the moment, things DO seem to be happening, lets see exactly what-but I now look forward to seeing you at a game soon and yes, will buy you a pint!

[/quote]

I thought I said that I would attend Carrow Road once Delia & Michael had gone?

Haven''t seen any evidence of that happening yet, have you???

I would even go if they are reduced to having less than a 5% stakeholding in the club.... but I am afraid that it will take more than ''The Turnip Turners'' money to achieve this in my opinion.

If Peter Callum gets involved then you will see a BIG CHANGE in Smudger.... not before then or somebody else of his ilk comes on the scene I am afraid.... [:D]

If Delia and Michael sell up, that person would still own circa 60% of the Club, more in case of the Turners, and I''ll bet people will still moan about that !!!

blahblahblah wrote

They are lifelong Norwich fans, but they''ve also said in the past that they believe that it should be possible to run a football club at a profit, which suggests a continuation of the mainly good work done by Smith and Jones - don''t expect Christian Vieri, Jay Jay Okocha or the like on loan any time soon.  Many successful business people have discovered in the past running a football club at a profit this is very difficult to acheive, especially outside the premiership.

Interesting times, with all that implies...

Sounds like more ambition with prudence... and Neil Doncaster [:|]

[quote user="Smudger"]

I would like to see Delia & Michael with less than 5% shares in the club

[/quote]

I wouldn''t give them the snot at the end of my nose mate.[:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Smudger"]

I would like to see Delia & Michael with less than 5% shares in the club

[/quote]

I wouldn''t give them the snot at the end of my nose mate.[:|]

[/quote]

hehehe welcome back WIZ.

Did you have a good rest my friend???  [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"]

hehehe welcome back WIZ.

[/quote]

So Smudge, If the Turners take charge, and with a new manager coming in will you stop being hypercritical and start supporting Norwich in staying up? 

(Unless you are actually an Ipswich fan)

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="Smudger"]

hehehe welcome back WIZ.

[/quote]

So Smudge, If the Turners take charge, and with a new manager coming in will you stop being hypercritical and start supporting Norwich in staying up? 

[/quote]

No I won''t CJF.... see my other posts scattered about today for an explanation.

If Peter Callum was to get involved I would however... [;)]

According to the Donkster Delia has no intention of selling up anyhow and from the statements he has just made on the radio it sounds like our current lot are out looking for another WINNER god help us!!!!

PS... I don''t want us relegated either.

No chance.  His motivation has nothing to do with improving Norwich - he is an egoist.  Whoever comes in will still be moaned about regardless of what they gave to the club.  Smudger is nothing more than an attention seeker who has found a place where he can feel adulated.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="Smudger"]

hehehe welcome back WIZ.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote]

According to the Donkster Delia has no intention of selling up anyhow and from the statements he has just made on the radio it sounds like our current lot are out looking for another WINNER god help us!!!!

[/quote]My god - the board want a winner... ie a manager that wins matches.  Shock Horror - Stop the Press.What else are they going to want. What else do you want? A Loser? A Drawer?  I suppose with a drawer the squad photo would become a nice pencil portrait, but still...

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="Smudger"]

hehehe welcome back WIZ.

[/quote]

[/quote]

No I won''t CJF.... see my other posts scattered about today for an explanation.

If Peter Callum was to get involved I would however... [;)]

PS... I don''t want us relegated either.

[/quote]

Oh for christ sake smudger you''re getting ridiculous. The Turners have got to be a better option than Delia surely, even if it is only short term (a year or two maybe). Are you not at least happy of what they will bring? Yes it would be nice to see Cullum here but atm its not happening. The Turners however are more likely to happen and with their money we''d certainly have at least a couple of good transfer windows.

And why is it on this occassion you''re suddenly willing to believe what doncaster says (i.e about Delia not selling up)?

''''THE TURNIP TURNERS''''.    WOW !!

What a clever boy you are to make up a truly imaginative name like that. I bet the other kids in your street really look up to you in awe. It''s even cleverer than ''''Deliar'''' or ''''Grunty'''' or any of the other names you have for anyone connected with NCFC. I wish I was clever !!

Smudger is SOOOOO CLEVER !!

It''s been confirmed that she isn''t selling.

The only thing that is selling, is newspapers who make up stories without any basis in fact...!

[quote user="lappinitup"]

What a clever boy you are to make up a truly imaginative name like that. I bet the other kids in your street really look up to you in awe. It''s even cleverer than ''''Deliar'''' or ''''Grunty'''' or any of the other names you have for anyone connected with NCFC. I wish I was clever !!

[/quote]

Now lappinitup.. you shouldn''t mock our smudge. While the rest of us keyboard warriors were posting on here worrying about our club was sliding towards the bottom of this league and our players not seeming to care, smudger alone was rallying his troops with  pm''s and meeting with nCIsA representatives to put things right. Within a couple of hours the corridors of power at Carrow Road shook to their very foundations, Grant and the club parted company and Delia sold her story to the current bun in yet another off the pitch money making scam.

Long Live Citizen Smudge...

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!  [:''(]

What smudger is saying is unless someone comes on board and spends millions in order to buy us success he won''t attend. Attendance to only increase with success? The perfect definition of a ''Glory Supporter'' is it not? When we start having success again he won''t be the only glory boy to start joining in either. Its part of the growing pains any club has. But as we are not being successful at the moment and many of us don''t want Glory hunting fans sniffing round the place then we''re so much better of without them for the time being.I''m not wanting to provoke an "I''m a better fan than you" debate but some things speak clealry for themselves when broken down into their simplist forms.

[quote user="PJ Bimbo"]What smudger is saying is unless someone comes on board and spends millions in order to buy us success he won''t attend. Attendance to only increase with success? The perfect definition of a ''Glory Supporter'' is it not? When we start having success again he won''t be the only glory boy to start joining in either. Its part of the growing pains any club has. But as we are not being successful at the moment and many of us don''t want Glory hunting fans sniffing round the place then we''re so much better of without them for the time being.

I''m not wanting to provoke an "I''m a better fan than you" debate but some things speak clealry for themselves when broken down into their simplist forms.
[/quote]

mmm tell me... are you Neil Doncasters cousin PJ???  Being from Bristol and all that????

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

Now lappinitup.. you shouldn''t mock our smudge. While the rest of us keyboard warriors were posting on here worrying about our club was sliding towards the bottom of this league and our players not seeming to care, smudger alone was rallying his troops with  pm''s and meeting with nCIsA representatives to put things right. Within a couple of hours the corridors of power at Carrow Road shook to their very foundations, Grant and the club parted company and Delia sold her story to the current bun in yet another off the pitch money making scam.

Long Live Citizen Smudge...

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!  [:''(]

[/quote]

That''s very good Nutty... post of the week... lol  [:D]

Tell me, how do you know all of this anyhow???

mmm I wonder...  [*-)]