Sign in to follow this  
psychedeliasmith

Delia Sells

Has anyone been watching Sky Sports News. They just went through thye papers and, although they didn''t mention it, at the top-left of The Sun''s backpage for tomorrow was the headline Delia Sells!

Here you go...

From The Sun Online

DELIA SMITH is ready to quit her role as Norwich’s main director.

One of football’s most famous boardroom personalities, Delia boasts £8million in shares.

But she is set to hand over the club within the next month to a couple who own a multi-million pound mortgage-lending company.

The celebrity TV cook, Norwich’s joint majority shareholder with husband Michael Wynn-Jones, has been looking for outside investment for the last year.

Currently filming her latest TV series, she is likely to remain on the Carrow Road club’s board but is keen to take a back seat along with Wynn-Jones.

Delia bailed out Norwich — currently third bottom in the Championship after Monday’s 1-0 defeat at fellow strugglers QPR — just 48 hours before the club went into administration in 1996.

She has been a fierce critic of overseas investors and insisted she would never sell to someone who did not have the interests of the club at heart.

But Canaries supporters Andrew and Sharon Turner, who own finance firm Central Trust, fit the bill.

The pair, believed to be worth around £300m, bought a small number of shares in the summer and gave the club a £2m loan. They are now ready to significantly increase their stake and take charge of the East Anglian outfit.

While they are hardly in Roman Abramovich’s league, Delia, 66, hopes the couple will be able to make funds available — particularly as the Canaries are about to start the search for a new manager.

[quote user="psychedeliasmith"]Has anyone been watching Sky Sports News. They just went through thye papers and, although they didn''t mention it, at the top-left of The Sun''s backpage for tomorrow was the headline Delia Sells!
[/quote]

I saw it too...but it actually said "Delia smells".......

Just thought I''d clear this one up for you.........

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

Here you go...

From The Sun Online

DELIA SMITH is ready to quit her role as Norwich’s main director.

One of football’s most famous boardroom personalities, Delia boasts £8million in shares.

But she is set to hand over the club within the next month to a couple who own a multi-million pound mortgage-lending company.

The celebrity TV cook, Norwich’s joint majority shareholder with husband Michael Wynn-Jones, has been looking for outside investment for the last year.

Currently filming her latest TV series, she is likely to remain on the Carrow Road club’s board but is keen to take a back seat along with Wynn-Jones.

Delia bailed out Norwich — currently third bottom in the Championship after Monday’s 1-0 defeat at fellow strugglers QPR — just 48 hours before the club went into administration in 1996.

She has been a fierce critic of overseas investors and insisted she would never sell to someone who did not have the interests of the club at heart.

But Canaries supporters Andrew and Sharon Turner, who own finance firm Central Trust, fit the bill.

The pair, believed to be worth around £300m, bought a small number of shares in the summer and gave the club a £2m loan. They are now ready to significantly increase their stake and take charge of the East Anglian outfit.

While they are hardly in Roman Abramovich’s league, Delia, 66, hopes the couple will be able to make funds available — particularly as the Canaries are about to start the search for a new manager.

[/quote]

Thats great news..........I''ve never been one to throw blame at the board but I feel a change will help the whole club and also lets compare owners.....

Delia has around £20 Million left, while the Turners have £300 Million....

Out of a dark time, cometh the golden era!

Something tells me this is going to turn into the biggest thread in Pink''un history....

Good for her only willing to sell to those with the clubs genuine interest at heart.

Well well we can all trust the Sun can''t we lol

This isn''t news, it''s been known about round Norwich for months, I wonder if the dismal start to the season might have fast forwarded it a bit.

The Turners can only be good news for our club. They know how to run a business. They are real City fans. I trust they will look for some credible board members and a new Chief Executive.

Wonder if prudence with ambition is in their mindset? I think not.

[quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="psychedeliasmith"]Has anyone been watching Sky Sports News. They just went through thye papers and, although they didn''t mention it, at the top-left of The Sun''s backpage for tomorrow was the headline Delia Sells!
[/quote]

[/quote]

pmsl... over to ''The Turnips'' then.... lets see how much they are prepared to invest in the team on the pitch shall we???

Don''t get too carried away yet people, this is The Sun were talking about and they know that it''s been on the cards for a while now so I wouldn''t bet against this turning out to be a nothing story, of course I hope it''s true but I just can''t trust The Sun, when I hear it from a more reliable source then I will get excited.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

pmsl... over to ''The Turnips'' then.... lets see how much they are prepared to invest in the team on the pitch shall we???

[/quote]

So you dont want Delia and hubby and you now dont want the Turners to take over, so who the f*** do you want to run the club??

Lets wait to see if its confirmed by the club, for all we know the Sun may have got the story from this forum, after all they have also published stories about Great White Sharks in Cornwall, and Elvis alive, well and working in Tesco''s!

Thats all we need...........another couple pretending at being football club owners!

We need a complete clearout from top to bottom.......Even mrs wobblybottom the tea lady must go!

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The Sun headline is . . . as if you couldn''t guess . . . "Let''s Be Floggin'' Ya!"

[/quote]

Good news if true.

Perhaps there will be some new money available to move forward.

We can but hope.

i would trust the sun as far as i could throw it - but given grants honourable departure, then i wouldn''t be surprised to see delia going the same way.  having committed herself to the club full-time in recent years, shes relaunched her tv career again - so we shouldn''t be too surprised, just pleased she''s acting with the best interests of NCFC at heart. if she is going, and we''ve got local investors on board with the money to compete with other teams in the champs - then that''s REAL prem ambition.  forget the ''being cleverer'' stuff - regretfully it comes down to money.  there are exceptions, such as watford, but mostly you need quality players, good management and a spoonful or 2 of luck to get up.we''ve all had our fun - but as ever there comes a time to move on, and surely for delia & michael, this is probably it.

The important point is that despite the headline suggesting a sell off, the article only talks about the Turners being ready to "significantly increase their stake and take charge".  This could relate to the £1m new share issue being voted on at the AGM.  It does NOT say anything about D&M selling their shares. 

It also says that D&M are "likely to remain on the board but are keen to take a back seat".  Look folks, no one with an overall majority shareholding is going to take a back seat.  The club needs to take a whole new direction, and this gives me absolutely no confidence that that will happen.  D&M will be able to veto anything they don''t like.  It''s a seamless transition on the road to hell.

My first reaction is that it''s an attempt to head off calls for them to step down altogether. As things stand I shall turn up at the AGM as planned and vote against their reelection to the board.

Isn''t it wonderful how everybody is happy to spend other peoples money, be it Delia or the Turners.  I am constantly amazed at the never ending demands made on the board to give their money to the club.  I know that we all do in terms of our season tickets, merchandise et al but as a percentage of our actual income it connot compare with the money and time put in by the board.  Very few clubs make a profit on the pitch, look at the accounts and financial staus of any of them.  We rely on the generosity of others to keep football, including NCFC, afloat.  We may be in a parlous position on and off the pitch, but it is not yet terminal.  We are now looking for a new manager, many want a new board.  What guarantees can you give me that we will be successful in the future with a new manager and a new board.  There are no guarantees.  I believe the board has supported the various managers as best they could without totally endangering the club.  I have been disappointed by the on-field efforts but that is now over.  We have a new beginning.  Let us all go forward united in our support for NCFC.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="psychedeliasmith"]Has anyone been watching Sky Sports News. They just went through thye papers and, although they didn''t mention it, at the top-left of The Sun''s backpage for tomorrow was the headline Delia Sells![/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Admitedly it''s in the sun so i''d take it with a pinch of salt, but if it''s true then i''d have to say jesus there is no pleasing some people! this is what you have wanted for the last year what would make you happy? the moon on a stick perhaps?

Lets not get carried away people... its in The Sun remember? not that im saying the story is fabricated but we all know how the sun is perceived.

So we are selling to a Spurs fan and his wife.. so much for "local" people and "norwich fans" then Eh Delia...

Tottenham Turners to take us forward?

jas :)

Mystic is right - Smith knows the flak that SHOULD be coming her way next week (whether anything other than half a dozen or so hands going up to vote against her re-election is still very debatable) and this could just be a smokescreen to water down any protest. Like Mystic (and others) I will definitely be voting against her re-election.

What does...''taking a back seat in financial affairs'' actually mean anyway? We heard all this before a couple of years ago when she was ...''going to spend more time on her catering / cookery work''.

Even if she does sell her shares I would have no confidence whatsoever in The Stowmarket Two still being directors.

Look out for a massive ego boosting, publicity charged event next Thursday with the faithful lining up to pay homage and Smith leaving the stage to a thundering standing ovation. Make no mistake, she wants that to be her legacy not a series of calls for her resignation.        

The sun is a bit of a comic but do get some things right, with the post about Delia being on the way out and Mr Cullum getting involved on this very site I wouldn''t be surprised if this was true, I just hope that Mr Cullum throws his financial muscle behind the Turners, we could really do some damage then.

[quote user="10 Bryceland"]

Isn''t it wonderful how everybody is happy to spend other peoples money, be it Delia or the Turners.  I am constantly amazed at the never ending demands made on the board to give their money to the club.  I know that we all do in terms of our season tickets, merchandise et al but as a percentage of our actual income it connot compare with the money and time put in by the board.  Very few clubs make a profit on the pitch, look at the accounts and financial staus of any of them.  We rely on the generosity of others to keep football, including NCFC, afloat.  We may be in a parlous position on and off the pitch, but it is not yet terminal.  We are now looking for a new manager, many want a new board.  What guarantees can you give me that we will be successful in the future with a new manager and a new board.  There are no guarantees.  I believe the board has supported the various managers as best they could without totally endangering the club.  I have been disappointed by the on-field efforts but that is now over.  We have a new beginning.  Let us all go forward united in our support for NCFC.

[/quote]

Bryceland what I really want is for a bit more of the money that IS available to be spent on the building a successful team, and a bit less on infrastructure projects that so far have consistently failed to deliver despite the golden promises.  There''s no point in getting new investment unless it is spent in the right areas.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"] So we are selling to a Spurs fan and his wife.. so much for "local" people and "norwich fans" then Eh Delia...[/quote]I thought we''d established that they''re lifelong Norwich fans?

Jas

They are NORWICH fans, how do I know? I have connections to them and they are rock solid. Please believe me, I am not the sort of person to come on here and tell tales. They are bone fida city supporters. I don''t know where you got the Spurs connection from, but rest assured, they have ambition to take this club forward and have the money to do it.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you dont want Delia and hubby and you now dont want the Turners to take over, so who the f*** do you want to run the club??

[/quote]

What Todger and his cronies want is an excuse to slag off the club at every opportunity.  Surely we all know that by now.

Mystic, you either believe that PG had all the available money at his disposal or you believe that there is more money somewhere that was denied him.  PG was looking to bring in players on loan up to the very end so it would seem that money was available to him.  But if you think the board was being prudent and saving for a rainy day, and yesterday certainly was in more ways than one, then how much is available and where is it?