Sign in to follow this  
Canarygirl

Delia

We''re talking about her right to comment on issues relating to the club and football in general which are just as valid as anyones-if people who can''t play the game shouldn''t be able to comment thus, then neither should "we men", as, strength, fitness, and ability wise we are light years away from even those that play in the Conference! So the argument about them not playing is irrelevant!

Lets discuss Norwich by all means, but lets not drag sexism into it, for goodness sake! The former is good fun-so what if we disagree, the latter-well, thats not.

[quote user="Old Shuck"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Do women play football for Norwich City or any other league club?

No.

Fact.

Why not?

Therefore?

OTBC

[/quote]

I think the above is the offensive piece. Implication is, as women don''t play league football, they can''t know anything about it and should therefore not comment on it. Which is stupid.

[/quote]

Nothing is more stupid than entering an argument half-way through and getting hold of the wrong end of the stick.

Of course I have no issue with women commenting on football. Where did I say tha?

DWJ is the de facto and de jure leader of the organisation called NCFC. As such, like all leaders, she sets the vision & mission, establishes the culture and modulates the tone. How could it be otherwise? These values are transmitted to the hirearchy, the players and the supporters.

Ask the dressing room how they feel deep down about the image and leadership of the club. It is soft-focussed, soft-nosed, jolly, cuddly and homely. Why do you think that this is? And what deep-rooted psychological effects do you think this has? None? Pull the other leg.

The culture established by the lady who is leader of the club is at the centre of our problems.

What is ''sexist'' or whatever about that conclusion of mine?

If Margaret Thatcher were the leader of our club, do you really think that the culture established would be the same as described above? No, of course you don''t.

So, it is not primarily that DWJ is a woman - it is about the type of woman that she is. A very lovely lady, wonderful cook and TV personality, but simply not good for our football club.

Now, Margaret Thatcher in her prime would probably be very good for our club - but then there are few women like Margaret Thatcher. And therein lies the other part of the rub -  and the other part of my central thesis.

Sexual discrimination, Tumbleweed, Canary Girl et al?  Don''t joke with serious business. Learn to think things through instead of  penning knee jerk reactions and throwing out misunderstood phrases.

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="canarygirl"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

No.

Fact.

Why not?

Therefore?

OTBC

[/quote]

This is the second sexist posting from this person implying that women do not know about football I and others are finding it offensive.
[/quote]

I accept that you find it offensive CG, but playing the sexism card over something so trivial makes me seethe [:@] I''m a woman btw.

Bly, you''re a reactionary old fart.  Having a female chief exec hasn''t done Colchester any harm has it?  You need to look no further for an example of maximising football success with minimum resources.  Camuldonum is a traditional sort of chap, let''s ask him if he''d like to swap Marie Partner for Neil Doncaster.  How about it camul? . . . pleeaase . . . thought not [:(]

There''s no doubt that Delia provided the help we needed when we needed it most. As with all things, though, it''s clear she lacks the precise business acumen and funds to take this club to the next step.We need fresh reinvestment and fresh ideas, and I genuinely believe Delia should be actively seeking people to provide this.

I''d swap Brum''s Karen Brady for Delia......Karen''s an astute woman with a long standing experience on football and the business dealings within it.

Delia.....isn''t.

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="canarygirl"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

No.

Fact.

Why not?

Therefore?

OTBC

[/quote]

This is the second sexist posting from this person implying that women do not know about football I and others are finding it offensive.
[/quote]

I accept that you find it offensive CG, but playing the sexism card over something so trivial makes me seethe [:@] I''m a woman btw.

Bly, you''re a reactionary old fart.  Having a female chief exec hasn''t done Colchester any harm has it?  You need to look no further for an example of maximising football success with minimum resources.  Camuldonum is a traditional sort of chap, let''s ask him if he''d like to swap Marie Partner for Neil Doncaster.  How about it camul? . . . pleeaase . . . thought not [:(]

[/quote]

Absolutely not which is not to knock your chap because I don''t know him and I actually think being a CEO of a soccer club is probably not as easy as it looks.  However Marie is very hands on and I believe has played a major part in every important decision involving the club since she arrived a long time ago - she takes the practical football club decisions for sure.  I honestly don''t think the owner gets that much involved but obviously I''m not a member of the U''s "inner circle".

However, I do know that it was her personal decision to keep the ticket prices unchanged for, this, our last season at Layer Road which I think was appreciated by a lot of fans.  It''ll be funny to say bye bye to the old place although I''m not expecting to feel as "maudlin" as I thought.

She has been massively involved in the new stadium project and I suspect was an important part of the driving force that raised the finance to make it possible.  I should also pay tribute to our former chairman Peter Heard who, while not on the scale of Norwich, was our "Mr Watling" when we needed him.

I would think Marie must be one of the longest serving CEO''s in the Football League.  I think her a very practical and skilled lady and I believe she has a great rapport with our Manager and I don''t believe that to be media &*^^%$£( either.

Not having your wonderful fan base we have to fight for every scrap we can get - just remember our "record signing" is £300,000 and that was THIS YEAR (Clive Platt)

I honestly hope you do bounce back from your problems - there aren''t that many "Eastern region" teams at this level (and I include our friends "in the middle") and we look forward to our local "derbies" as I am sure your fans do. It certainly beats away to Plymouth!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

"Girls just wanna have fun"...........(so says Cyndi Lauper)....

And at no time ''that they want to play or talk about soccer'' feature in her lyric''s.

So there you go......Hope that helps.

Honestly, the PC''s on their PC''s are PC''ing me off.

[/quote]This is plain offensive now....why on earth are you being so rude to women? I am appealing again to the pinkun to stop this poster!!

I will not be bothering with the pinkun anymore. If you all find this acceptable then fine but I dont like it. I am not "playing a sexism card" I am standing up for myself in a thread that I started.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Delia?

Far from raising our profile, she''s an embarrassment to the club. She knows nothing about football or business - hence her "small time" take on all things Norwich. And this is not me saying women are failures in football - look at Brady at Birmingham? An excellent job (along with the rest of their board) and not soft like our little Norwich...

The footprint Smith has left on the club makes me sick, and I would argue that her regime is just as bad as Chase''s later days - and at least we had some success under his ownership. In 12 years, what has Delia given us?

I wonder if this post will be allowed?

[/quote]

"She knows nothing about football or business"

????

How did she become a multi-millionaire then? Must have some knowledge of how business works!

And, like it or not, Canary Catering is hugely successful.

Further to the point, why does she need to know anything about football? Thats not her role! Karren Brady has admitted she knows little about football and says thats why they (Birmingham) employ people who do, so she can get on with her job! As for comparing her "regime" to that of Chase, well, Jesus Christ Almighty!! Tell you what, when we have mounted police outside the ground clearing away the protestors, as we did with his latter days, then I''ll accept and acknowledge what you claim there!

Listen. I want change as much as you do. I desperately what the Smith/Jones'' to find the investment and move on, allow someone else, with a big and broad vision, to take the club forward. What frustrates me is that people think it is something that can be accomplished immediately, that the Smith/Jones'' should just step aside, literally give their shares away and let this huge queue of people that are battering the doors down, desperate to give Norwich City tens of millions of pounds in free money.

Old shuck I am finding your posts far too reasonable. Surely the world is that simple that we can hold one person or factor wholly responsible for the current sitiation: Delia, her husband, Mumby, Doncaster, Grant, the coaches past and present,  Worthy, Chase, Huckerby, Docherty, Brown, the fans who attend, the fans who don''t attend, the supporters associations, sky, the premier league, the fa, geography, investing in the infrastructure, not investing money we may or may not have, foreign investors not investing, Callum, the Turners, investors we don''t know, injuries, transfers that may or may not have happened, contract clauses that may or may not be be reasonable, people who do do something, people who don''t do something, simple chance or any other factor that has been blamed that I have forgotten. Or could it be that the world is a complex place and it is a combination of these various factors but then who would we blame?

[quote user="T"]Old shuck I am finding your posts far too reasonable. Surely the world is that simple that we can hold one person or factor wholly responsible for the current sitiation: Delia, her husband, Mumby, Doncaster, Grant, the coaches past and present,  Worthy, Chase, Huckerby, Docherty, Brown, the fans who attend, the fans who don''t attend, the supporters associations, sky, the premier league, the fa, geography, investing in the infrastructure, not investing money we may or may not have, foreign investors not investing, Callum, the Turners, investors we don''t know, injuries, transfers that may or may not have happened, contract clauses that may or may not be be reasonable, people who do do something, people who don''t do something, simple chance or any other factor that has been blamed that I have forgotten. Or could it be that the world is a complex place and it is a combination of these various factors but then who would we blame?[/quote]

Should be an interesting AGM.

I wonder what is going to be discussed, debated, passed and voted for, etc?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="T"]Old shuck I am finding your posts far too reasonable. Surely the world is that simple that we can hold one person or factor wholly responsible for the current sitiation: Delia, her husband, Mumby, Doncaster, Grant, the coaches past and present,  Worthy, Chase, Huckerby, Docherty, Brown, the fans who attend, the fans who don''t attend, the supporters associations, sky, the premier league, the fa, geography, investing in the infrastructure, not investing money we may or may not have, foreign investors not investing, Callum, the Turners, investors we don''t know, injuries, transfers that may or may not have happened, contract clauses that may or may not be be reasonable, people who do do something, people who don''t do something, simple chance or any other factor that has been blamed that I have forgotten. Or could it be that the world is a complex place and it is a combination of these various factors but then who would we blame?[/quote]

[/quote]Has anyone mentioned a ''confidence'' vote ?

The mere fact that such a vote was tabled would at least send a signal of unrest !

[quote user="canarygirl"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

And at no time ''that they want to play or talk about soccer'' feature in her lyric''s.

[/quote]

This is plain offensive now....why on earth are you being so rude to women? I am appealing again to the pinkun to stop this poster!!
[/quote]

I think he was just having a bit of a joke. Well i found it funny anyway =]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Nothing is more stupid than entering an argument half-way through and getting hold of the wrong end of the stick.

Of course I have no issue with women commenting on football. Where did I say tha?

DWJ is the de facto and de jure leader of the organisation called NCFC. As such, like all leaders, she sets the vision & mission, establishes the culture and modulates the tone. How could it be otherwise? These values are transmitted to the hirearchy, the players and the supporters.

Ask the dressing room how they feel deep down about the image and leadership of the club. It is soft-focussed, soft-nosed, jolly, cuddly and homely. Why do you think that this is? And what deep-rooted psychological effects do you think this has? None? Pull the other leg.

The culture established by the lady who is leader of the club is at the centre of our problems.

If Margaret Thatcher were the leader of our club, do you really think that the culture established would be the same as described above? No, of course you don''t.

So, it is not primarily that DWJ is a woman - it is about the type of woman that she is. A very lovely lady, wonderful cook and TV personality, but simply not good for our football club.

Now, Margaret Thatcher in her prime would probably be very good for our club - but then there are few women like Margaret Thatcher. And therein lies the other part of the rub -  and the other part of my central thesis.

Sexual discrimination, Tumbleweed, Canary Girl et al?  Don''t joke with serious business. Learn to think things through instead of  penning knee jerk reactions and throwing out misunderstood phrases.

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

My Dear BlyBlyBabes

How nice to know you still think of me!

If I was the leader of your club I would back the workers not the shirkers! Remember your board are only following my example, a penny saved is a penny earned. There is no alternative. If you want to cut your own throat, don''t come to me for a bandage!

The woman''s mission is not to enhance the masculine spirit, but to express the feminine; hers is not to preserve a man-made world, but to create a human world by the infusion of the feminine element into all of its activities.

If you want something said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman!

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="canarygirl"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

This is plain offensive now....why on earth are you being so rude to women? I am appealing again to the pinkun to stop this poster!!
[/quote]

I think he was just having a bit of a joke. Well i found it funny anyway =]

[/quote]

That''s all it was, a joke.....nothing else.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]Has anyone mentioned a ''confidence'' vote ?

The mere fact that such a vote was tabled would at least send a signal of unrest !

[/quote]

It so happens that D&M are up for reelection to the board.  I''m going to vote against, and a number of other shareholders who post on here have said they are going to do the same. 

[quote user="Margaret Thatcher"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

My Dear BlyBlyBabes

How nice to know you still think of me!

If I was the leader of your club I would back the workers not the shirkers! Remember your board are only following my example, a penny saved is a penny earned. There is no alternative. If you want to cut your own throat, don''t come to me for a bandage!

The woman''s mission is not to enhance the masculine spirit, but to express the feminine; hers is not to preserve a man-made world, but to create a human world by the infusion of the feminine element into all of its activities.

If you want something said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman!

[/quote]

Ahhh. A sheep in wolves clothing masquerading as the iron lady.

Your cover is as gossamer blowing in the wind.

Marks for accuracy = 0/10 ; marks for logic = 0/10

And typing in blue doesn''t disguise it!

Now. Back to serious business. 

One love.

OTBC