Sign in to follow this  
Canarygirl

Delia

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="kdncfc"]

I don''t call taking over a club seventh from the bottom of the championship and 6 million in debt in 1996 to third from the bottom of the championship  and 18 million in debt in 2007 progress. There has however been plenty of progress off the pitch with the expansion of the stadium etc but people don''t pay to sit there looking at the stadium they pay to be entertained and watch a winning team, but  because of the constant sales of our better players and replaceing them on the cheap  the team is now so weak we are nearer league 1 than the prem. Not really much different to when Chase was here imo. 

[/quote]

That is a very good post if I may say so kdncfc. 

Delia needs to know that the departure of Grant is not a soluion in itself and that the problem can be traced right back to her and the Board. Their experiment has not suceeded and now is the time to face reality and move on. Grant spoke about having a long hard look at himself, the Board need to do exactly the same thing and arrive at the same conclusion that he did. A new manager in the same regime will not change anything in the medium term, there will probably be the honeymoon lift and a few better performances/ results but this will not be sustainable.

The current regime pulled the rug from under Grants feet during the summer and it will happen again and again.

As for most of our squad, get rid of them as well.   

[/quote]Thank you, took me all day to think that one up.

For feck''s sake!If Delia did stand down, WHO IS GOING TO REPLACE HER? Maybe there''s a line of prospective owners lining up in secret, but I very much doubt it.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]For feck''s sake!

If Delia did stand down, WHO IS GOING TO REPLACE HER? Maybe there''s a line of prospective owners lining up in secret, but I very much doubt it.
[/quote]

so we should just all sit back and let them carry on should we? take a look at their record over the past 10 years then at the league table....

Still want them to carry on?

jas :)

I am really grateful of what D&M have done, believe it or not, but they have done a lot for the club, its all well and good saying when Delia took over we were doing well and now look at us, but we were close to going under when she and other people came in, the end of the time Chase was here was proper crap. She has done an awful lot for the club, but I do feel its time that she stepped in, providing that we can find the right people to take over, I will always being grateful for her and M, but now is the time to move, thank them and get on with our Norwich lives.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

If Delia did stand down, WHO IS GOING TO REPLACE HER? Maybe there''s a line of prospective owners lining up in secret, but I very much doubt it.
[/quote]

so we should just all sit back and let them carry on should we? take a look at their record over the past 10 years then at the league table....

[/quote]

It seems that the way of the clapping seal is still the way foirwards for most City fans JAS...

We have got rid of that nasty Mr Grant, following that awful Mr Worthy and now we are going to get Paul Jewell or one of Doncasters many other HIGH PROFLIE CANDIDATES....  lol

Haven''t we all heard this somewhere before???  [:D]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Safety jas....safety...

There are those among us who are terrified by change of any kind....and will tolerate anything to avoid upheaval. This whole scenario was cynically created by the PR myth that Smith "saved" the club at the eleventh hour....and without her their world would now collapse.

This explains the fearful "who would replace her" diatribe...when infact it may be the only thing that will prevent the club dropping down.

It''s all rather sad to be honest...and a sign of an individuals'' personal insecurity. The classic Mother figure syndrome......

Cluck clucked

Safety jas....safety...

There are those among us who are terrified by change of any kind....and will tolerate anything to avoid upheaval. This whole scenario was cynically created by the PR myth that Smith "saved" the club at the eleventh hour....and without her their world would now collapse.

That''s rich coming from someone who, judging by his posts, clearly lives in the past.

[/quote] Erm how about the Turners or Mr Cullum or maybe even both, any of which have got far more money than she has which is what football is all about now. This football club was here before she came and will be here long after, she''s not the bloody messiah.

In my view it would be more productive if Doncaster goes. He is the CEO who has presided over this mess, we have no idea whether Delia and MWJ actually make any decisions. I don''t care one fig about WHO owns this club as long as its not an asset stripper, my gripe with the current shareholders is that they own too big a percentage, not who they are. I would much prefer pressure to be brought on Doncaster, he seems never to blame himself for anything just like PG at his most blinkered.

Mother knows best and provides some pocket money on loan - and you lot tug your forelocks & grovel so gratefully.

What a depressing thread.

NCFC is a football club.

It''s a man thing - to which the ladies are welcome guests

Geddit. No, I don''t suppose you do.

The whole atmosphere is stacked against success on the field.

You know, it reminds me of the American approach to soccer - doomed to failure as a game for girls and nancy boys.

OTBC 

[quote user="canarygirl"]Can anyone confirm these rumours I am hearing about Delia stepping down? If that happens too it is a very sad day for Norwich.
[/quote]

It appears you have ruffled a few feathers canarygirl!

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]I thought there were laws against sexual discrimination, silly me. Mods allowing this?[/quote]Sometimes I think they allow people the opportunity to make a complete idiot of themselves in a public forum, and rightfully so.  The only purpose of moderating that post would be to protect Bly from himself.  If I was to say something daft like that about women in a cafe, would I be kicked out of the cafe, or would people just give me sideways looks if they overheard me ?The views of BlyBlyBabes there are so obviously his own, and in no way reflect upon Archant after all.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Mother knows best and provides some pocket money on loan - and you lot tug your forelocks & grovel so gratefully.

What a depressing thread.

NCFC is a football club.

It''s a man thing - to which the ladies are welcome guests

Geddit. No, I don''t suppose you do.

The whole atmosphere is stacked against success on the field.

You know, it reminds me of the American approach to soccer - doomed to failure as a game for girls and nancy boys.

OTBC 

[/quote]

What are you talking about?

[quote user="C.T "]

[quote user="canarygirl"]Can anyone confirm these rumours I am hearing about Delia stepping down? If that happens too it is a very sad day for Norwich.[/quote]

It appears you have ruffled a few feathers canarygirl!

[/quote]Well it wasn''t my intention to ruffle feathers to be honest! I had people telling me Delia was leaving and I was just asking to see if anyone knew. Its good to see a debate on here but comparing Delia to the Chase era is pointless. I was there at the Chase out games and remember those times very well. I''ve been a fan for 26 years so I feel I can have an opinion on Delia...sorry to hear some of you don''t feel the same way but thats all fine. I just hope the club can somehow turn a corner now as we all obviously care a great deal about what happens to it!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="canarygirl"]She has raised the profile of the club and injected much needed funds at a time the club were in trouble....how soon you forget! I like the fact that she sits with the fans...is a genuine supporter and really cares what happens to the club. Who coud have predicted what happened to us under Worthington...one minute up one minute down....Peter Grant was the wrong choice it can only get better from here but I feel loyalty to Delia.[/quote]

She has raised the profile of the club.......?

She has raised her profile using the club.......!

I don''t mind her and hubby remaining at the club as non-executive life-members, of the post match ''Norfolk''s Astute and Affluent Elite'' - "Oh Yah, absolutely, Yah, Yah, Incredible, Fabulous, Try the Cream Horns dipped in vodka and smoker''s toothpaste Yah, Delicious. Absolutely!"...... scoffing contest. YAH!

[/quote]

I do firmly believe that by having Delia on the board it has definitely made our club more well known. She has only ever had the best of intentions for the club and has responded to the fans pleas for change at times. I''m afraid I have no idea about the astute and affluent elite...I''m more of a pie at half time girl! I believe that she should firmly stay put and it seems the club have confirmed since then that she isn''t leaving but hey it could change by the time this posting is approved!

I''m very confused by these postings since when has sexism been allowed on the pinkun? Could the moderators please look at this it has nothing to do with the thread and is offensive. I am entitled to discuss football as much as anyone else! Absolutely pointless posts!!!!

Do women play football for Norwich City or any other league club?

No.

Fact.

Why not?

Therefore?

OTBC

[/quote]

I think the above is the offensive piece. Implication is, as women don''t play league football, they can''t know anything about it and should therefore not comment on it. Which is stupid.

Whats with this knocking Delia? Short memories you lot!! If not for her and her husband where the hell do you think we would be now!! 

If this is the attitude prevailing then I for one cannot blame her for wanting out. She is a passionate Canary supporter who just happene to have more money than the rest of us - an put some of that to excellent use.

Come on. Stop knocking the lady. She has done more for Norwich City than anyone else since Geoffery Watling.

No.

Fact.

Why not?

Therefore?

OTBC

[/quote]This is the second sexist posting from this person implying that women do not know about football I and others are finding it offensive.

[quote user="Old Shuck"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

No.

Fact.

Why not?

Therefore?

OTBC

[/quote]

I think the above is the offensive piece. Implication is, as women don''t play league football, they can''t know anything about it and should therefore not comment on it. Which is stupid.

[/quote]Thank you for helping me with this I appreciate your support

[quote user="Old Shuck"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

No.

Fact.

Why not?

Therefore?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]Let him be hoisted by his own petard. I wonder why it is that the more rabid Delia-haters have all turned out to have no respect for other women too.

No.

Fact.

Why not?

Therefore?

OTBC

[/quote]

Simply because of the difference in physical strength between the 2 sexes mean that it would not be fair.So pull your brain out of the 1930s and live in the present, women are equals in many things in this world, but this is why we have seperate leagues for men and women.

Delia?

Far from raising our profile, she''s an embarrassment to the club. She knows nothing about football or business - hence her "small time" take on all things Norwich. And this is not me saying women are failures in football - look at Brady at Birmingham? An excellent job (along with the rest of their board) and not soft like our little Norwich...

The footprint Smith has left on the club makes me sick, and I would argue that her regime is just as bad as Chase''s later days - and at least we had some success under his ownership. In 12 years, what has Delia given us?

I wonder if this post will be allowed?

"Girls just wanna have fun"...........(so says Cyndi Lauper)....

And at no time ''that they want to play or talk about soccer'' feature in her lyric''s.

So there you go......Hope that helps.

Honestly, the PC''s on their PC''s are PC''ing me off.