Sign in to follow this  
Canarygirl

Delia

If that happens too and she has nothing more to do with the club whatsoever (apart from maybe carrying on with her little catering empire).

Then it will be the greatest day this club has had since the night we won the Championship a few years ago (without doubt) and one of the best days in the clubs history!!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

If that happens too and she has nothing more to do with the club whatsoever (apart from maybe carrying on with her little catering empire).

Then it will be the greatest day this club has had since the night we won the Championship a few years ago (without doubt) and one of the best days in the clubs history!!!!

[/quote]

Why? Explain, in detail please.

You are right again Canarygirl, there alot of people with short memories that forget what Delia has done, I would be gutted if she left. The only other reply to your post is an Ipswich fan so ignore that. If the Turners take over then great, but it''s Delia we should thank.

[quote user="Matt"]You are right again Canarygirl, there alot of people with short memories that forget what Delia has done, I would be gutted if she left. The only other reply to your post is an Ipswich fan so ignore that. If the Turners take over then great, but it''s Delia we should thank.[/quote]

Thank her for what?

What has she achieved in over 12 years at the helm exactly?

Apart from that one year in the sunlight she has made us a laughing stock...  I for one (and many others I am sure) would be over the moon if this woman left to have nothing more to do with the running of the football club.

She has raised the profile of the club and injected much needed funds at a time the club were in trouble....how soon you forget! I like the fact that she sits with the fans...is a genuine supporter and really cares what happens to the club. Who coud have predicted what happened to us under Worthington...one minute up one minute down....Peter Grant was the wrong choice it can only get better from here but I feel loyalty to Delia.

[quote user="canarygirl"]Can anyone confirm these rumours I am hearing about Delia stepping down? If that happens too it is a very sad day for Norwich.[/quote]I agree with this. The one thing that I hate about this forum is the level of poison directed at individuals, and particularly at Delia. Delia and her husband put a considerable amount of their own money at risk when they bought the Club. There was absolutely no guarantee of getting any sort of return from it except by asset-stripping, and she (they) have not done that - in fact, the complaint heard here is that they''ve done the opposite. They could probably have worked it so that the Club went into liquidation and picked it up for beans, like Bates did, and let the small creditors suffer, but they didn''t do that. So, accepting that, isn''t it possible to be grateful that in Delia we have someone who desperately wants to make a successful Club that the whole area can be proud of? I''m not saying that the Board, including Delia, haven''t made poor decisions, and I''m not saying that she was our saviour - the Club would have survived somehow - but I''ve never doubted her good intentions. And repaying them with poisonous personal attacks is contemptible, and condemns her attackers more than their victim.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="canarygirl"]Can anyone confirm these rumours I am hearing about Delia stepping down? If that happens too it is a very sad day for Norwich.
[/quote]I agree with this. The one thing that I hate about this forum is the level of poison directed at individuals, and particularly at Delia. Delia and her husband put a considerable amount of their own money at risk when they bought the Club. There was absolutely no guarantee of getting any sort of return from it except by asset-stripping, and she (they) have not done that - in fact, the complaint heard here is that they''ve done the opposite. They could probably have worked it so that the Club went into liquidation and picked it up for beans, like Bates did, and let the small creditors suffer, but they didn''t do that. So, accepting that, isn''t it possible to be grateful that in Delia we have someone who desperately wants to make a successful Club that the whole area can be proud of? I''m not saying that the Board, including Delia, haven''t made poor decisions, and I''m not saying that she was our saviour - the Club would have survived somehow - but I''ve never doubted her good intentions. And repaying them with poisonous personal attacks is contemptible, and condemns her attackers more than their victim.
[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more Old Boy...A genuine realists post for once[Y]

[quote user="mattscousin"]

here here. the current board could be more liberal with the cash but I have 2 words for people like smudger.

ROBERT CHASE

[/quote]

Robert Chase = Best Norwich Teams ever

Delia Smith = Chumpionship dross/relegation fodder.

Your point is???  [:P]

Old boy nice to see some sensible comment rather than the usual rants for once. Criticism is fine but some of the supposedly clever and amusing abuse on here just makes some posters look like small minded with obviously no understanding of business, finance or the complexities of football.

Can''t help but enjoy seeing the wind up merchant wound up

[quote user="T"]

[/quote]

Why have all the Smudge and Cluck haters turned up today? You would of thought that sacking grant is the answer to all our problems but believe me its the iceing on the cake. The real reasons for our troubles are stillhere and to think its all going to be hunky dory is just plain stupid imo. They have proved you wrong once so i think its a bit silly to start getting so smug just yet. Until the real problems step forward and take the blame nothing is going to change.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="mattscousin"]

here here. the current board could be more liberal with the cash but I have 2 words for people like smudger.

ROBERT CHASE

[/quote]

[/quote]

Robert Chase - Nearly took the whole club down the toilet

Delia Smith - Held the club up financially after Mr Watling bailed us out.

I agree that the team under Chase was great.  But that was getting on for 15 years ago, its in the past.  Ipswich won the European Cup once, look at them, as did Nottingham Forest.  Its not (entirely) the boards fault we are where we are now, its football, times change.....Move on.

ROBERT CHASE

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fook me fudger! Chase was responsible for the best teams ever? Sorry Stringer and Walker....you were pointless! Chase was the one on the training field with his xxxxxxl tracksuit and doughnuts as cones!

ATM you hate Delia for not investing in this needy time....What would you say about RC not investing at a time when we could have stepped up and challenged United the following season? If we had built on that success we would surely now have no debt, be a good if not great prem club with a big reputation and mentality! But no....Chase messed that up.

Smudge...you are clueless.

God if that was Delia you would hang her! Actually u are!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="T"]

[/quote]

Why have all the Smudge and Cluck haters turned up today? You would of thought that sacking grant is the answer to all our problems but believe me its the iceing on the cake. The real reasons for our troubles are stillhere and to think its all going to be hunky dory is just plain stupid imo. They have proved you wrong once so i think its a bit silly to start getting so smug just yet. Until the real problems step forward and take the blame nothing is going to change.

[/quote]

Does anyone ''hate'' them then Arthur? A strong word for rival banter. I personally don''t hate them nor even dislike them, just don''t agree with all is said. Some people don''t get Cluck''s humour amongst his posts I guess...

I don''t call taking over a club seventh from the bottom of the championship and 6 million in debt in 1996 to third from the bottom of the championship  and 18 million in debt in 2007 progress. There has however been plenty of progress off the pitch with the expansion of the stadium etc but people don''t pay to sit there looking at the stadium they pay to be entertained and watch a winning team, but  because of the constant sales of our better players and replaceing them on the cheap  the team is now so weak we are nearer league 1 than the prem. Not really much different to when Chase was here imo. 

[quote user="canarygirl"]Can anyone confirm these rumours I am hearing about Delia stepping down? If that happens too it is a very sad day for Norwich.
[/quote]

Yes she did do somethings but it is time for her to step aside and let the Turners or Cullum or someone else make more of the club.

[quote user="kdncfc"]

I don''t call taking over a club seventh from the bottom of the championship and 6 million in debt in 1996 to third from the bottom of the championship  and 18 million in debt in 2007 progress. There has however been plenty of progress off the pitch with the expansion of the stadium etc but people don''t pay to sit there looking at the stadium they pay to be entertained and watch a winning team, but  because of the constant sales of our better players and replaceing them on the cheap  the team is now so weak we are nearer league 1 than the prem. Not really much different to when Chase was here imo. 

[/quote]

That is a very good post if I may say so kdncfc. 

Delia needs to know that the departure of Grant is not a soluion in itself and that the problem can be traced right back to her and the Board. Their experiment has not suceeded and now is the time to face reality and move on. Grant spoke about having a long hard look at himself, the Board need to do exactly the same thing and arrive at the same conclusion that he did. A new manager in the same regime will not change anything in the medium term, there will probably be the honeymoon lift and a few better performances/ results but this will not be sustainable.

The current regime pulled the rug from under Grants feet during the summer and it will happen again and again.

As for most of our squad, get rid of them as well.   

ROBERT CHASE

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ahh so we''re doing the old ''lets pick the best parts from the Chase regime out and lets pick the worst parts of the Smith/Wynn-Jones regime out and compare them game'' are we? I also remember Championship/First division dross under Chase. I also remember this club being 48 hours from going out of business. I also remember Premiership football under Smith and Wynn-Jones. As much as I want Delia now to step aside and let the Turner''s take over, your hypothesis that we were better off under Chase than we are now is as stupid as you are...

I for one certainly don''t hate Smudger and Cluck et al and I certainly don''t hate Delia either. Personally not over keen on hate and abuse full stop.

[quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]Completely agree.Delia did well at first yes, and yes she took an enormous risk, but her money has taken this club as far as it can go with her at the helm, it''s time for her to make way for new interest and new investment, it''s necessary if we want to avoid things getting even worse.

[quote user="T"]

I for one certainly don''t hate Smudger and Cluck et al and I certainly don''t hate Delia either. Personally not over keen on hate and abuse full stop.

[/quote]

I don''t hate them, just their manner at times. Most other people can put their views across in a more civil way, why can''t they?

Twosheds, Ricardo, Arthur etc share similar views to them (even I share some views i.e Delia to go) but they do at least say their peace and leave it at that, rather than ram it in everyones face until they agree with them.

[quote user="canarygirl"]She has raised the profile of the club and injected much needed funds at a time the club were in trouble....how soon you forget! I like the fact that she sits with the fans...is a genuine supporter and really cares what happens to the club. Who coud have predicted what happened to us under Worthington...one minute up one minute down....Peter Grant was the wrong choice it can only get better from here but I feel loyalty to Delia.
[/quote]

She has raised the profile of the club.......?

She has raised her profile using the club.......!

I don''t mind her and hubby remaining at the club as non-executive life-members, of the post match ''Norfolk''s Astute and Affluent Elite'' - "Oh Yah, absolutely, Yah, Yah, Incredible, Fabulous, Try the Cream Horns dipped in vodka and smoker''s toothpaste Yah, Delicious. Absolutely!"...... scoffing contest. YAH!

[quote user="T"]Old boy nice to see some sensible comment rather than the usual rants for once. Criticism is fine but some of the supposedly clever and amusing abuse on here just makes some posters look like small minded with obviously no understanding of business, finance or the complexities of football.[/quote]

And you are so successful and supposedly clever and serious....you have to come on a two-bit football forum - to tell everyone that you are.....

Whilst your Financial Times and ''Big Blagging Business Boys magazine'' remain untouched in your magazine rack....  

[quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]

I''ll agree with that. Although Chasey Boy got some Horses and Norfolk''s finest - to see me and my missus off, for singing, laughing and chanting.

We haven''t gone anywhere, we''ve gone backwards - apart from all the pretty things around the ground......and we''re still paying for them.