Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Boycott Bristol City-For the good of OUR club!

QPR away monday night was the final straw. Not only losing to the only team in the English league without a win, but to be completly battered, outplayed, out thought and outdone was just that extra bit too much.

The board has taken us as far as possible and have been holding on to that for 3 years now-dont let it be a 4th.

Clubs with smaller fanbases such as Porstmouth, Middlesboro, Derby, Blackburn, even now Hull and QPR attract investers with ambtion, so why should the best fans in the country be sold short?

Grant was and is the wrong man. His outbursts against players such as Cureton for scoring 4 goals in 2 games have clearly effected player confidence and lost Grant the dressing room,  but changes need to be made at the top aswell.

Its time to make your feelings known and the only way to do that is a boycott, starting with Bristol city at home. Yes we all love the club, but this calls for no pain no gain.

What this club needs is a complete makeover, from the head scratching Grant to the useless board. The only way to show the majority shareholders and the country that we want changes is to talk with our feet.

We all love this club and w2ant whats best so i urge all true supporters to boycott the Bristol City home game for the good of our club.

The NCISA should come out and back this idea, although in the past they have been too cosy with the club to take such stern action so its down to us.

BOYCOTT BRISTOL CITY!

If you really wanted to get peoples'' attention Arthur, here''s a date that would get a boycott noticed...

Sun Nov 4 Ipswich

Town
(12.45pm)

H

[quote user="blahblahblah"]If you really wanted to get peoples'' attention Arthur, here''s a date that would get a boycott noticed...

Sun Nov 4Ipswich Town (12.45pm)

H

[/quote]

To be fair BBB that is 1 game that even i would find it hard to boycott,havent missed one in years mate. Bristol City is more immediate and reasonable and peaceful in my opinion.

Excellent post, Arthur. As it happens, I had already decided to boycott the Bristol game. I''m a member and buy tickets on a casual basis, and I''m not prepared to pay over 20 pounds for the sort of boring rubbish currently on offer at Carrow Road. We offered no attacking threat whatsoever against QPR and could have played on for another 90 minutes without scoring against, what was, one of the poorest teams in the country.

the problem is the gate will still look good as   s ticket holders count in

or out so evan if the place is half empty there still shout 23000 out

what about a peasfull picket at colney that will embarress the lot of them

might just jee them up

Here''s an idea for an effective protest if matters in the boardroom and on the pitch don''t improve soon. Why don''t 2 or 3 thousand (or more) of us boycott a couple of City matches and go to watch Kings Lynn instead, on the closest fixtures to the City games. If we could swell the KL crowd significantly it could make the national sports news - particularly if we alert the media 1st. Is anybody up for this idea?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="blahblahblah"]If you really wanted to get peoples'' attention Arthur, here''s a date that would get a boycott noticed...

Sun Nov 4 Ipswich Town (12.45pm)

H

[/quote]

To be fair BBB that is 1 game that even i would find it hard to boycott,havent missed one in years mate. Bristol City is more immediate and reasonable and peaceful in my opinion.

[/quote]I can completely understand you wanting to be there Arthur, I just fear for what might happen if we play like last night.  An easy win for the Binners, the away fans singing the muppet show song, our lot joining in....

[quote user="barkertwist"]BEST WAY TO DO IT. EVERYONE SHOULD GET BEHIND THIS AND BOYCOTT THE MATCH.[/quote]

Ah the legendary barkertwist and the Grove 30... a boycott will solve nothing mate... a thousand or more demonstrating that refused to be moved will!!!!

Are you up for getting something done now a lot of the dimwits appear to be coming onside???

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]
Clubs with smaller fanbases such as Porstmouth, Middlesboro, Derby, Blackburn, even now Hull and QPR attract investers with ambtion, so why should the best fans in the country be sold short?
[/quote]Porstmouth is solely down to Harry Redknapp, regardless what Manderic may thinkDerby will be bottom of the Premiership and back down next seasonBlackburn was Jack Walker, a local fanMiddlesborough was Steve Gibson, another local fan

yeh firstly boycott the local Derby if you feel like staying at home will actually do anything LMAO...you paid for your season tickets so not turning up is just comically retarded of you.

Seriously, go to the ground with mass Delia / Grant / Hucks / w/e  OUT posters.All the fans turn up to the game and turn thier back on the pitch for the whole game.All paint your faces or something with a similar sloganAll turn up in Kings Lynn shirtsThere are a thousand better ways of protesting than not going to the game....not going to the game is to be honest really stupid of you when you can be seen at the game , in passive defiance.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="barkertwist"]BEST WAY TO DO IT. EVERYONE SHOULD GET BEHIND THIS AND BOYCOTT THE MATCH.[/quote]

Not for me thanks.

[/quote]

People are more than welcome to do whatever they wish but it is not for me, either.  I''ve had to miss 3 home games already this season and don''t intend on missing more on a boycott that will (or should) have no bearing on anything.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

the board already have our money.. a boycott matters little

jas :)

[/quote]

Something I agree with you 110% on JAS.

Are you up for placing pressure on the board in other ways?

If so what do you suggest???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

the board already have our money.. a boycott matters little

jas :)

[/quote]

What other options then?

Something I agree with you 110% on JAS.

Are you up for placing pressure on the board in other ways?

If so what do you suggest???

[/quote]

I was at Carrow Rd for the Southend game Boxing Day 1995 when you lot had approx 20,000 fans all baying for Robert Chase''s blood.  What did the huge protests achieve other than making him dig his heels in until the right offer came along for him to quit?

OK, fair enough, you all feel passionately about your club and hate to see them struggle and play as uninspiringly as they did on Monday night but you really need to think out of the box here about any types of possible protests.  I like the idea of an Italian style sit-in at the training ground.  Sky Sports News and the rest of the media would love that!

Just wondered if you are still organising a mass boycott for the Bristol game Arthur or have you dropped that action since Granty has left??

[quote user="Glasgow SUFC"]

I was at Carrow Rd for the Southend game Boxing Day 1995 when you lot had approx 20,000 fans all baying for Robert Chase''s blood.  What did the huge protests achieve other than making him dig his heels in until the right offer came along for him to quit?

[/quote]

Glasgow, your interpretation of events is well wide of the mark.  There had been active protests for at least nine months before the Southend game.  It was more intense than usual that day because it was the first home game after Martin O''Neill had walked out nine days earlier.  As it turned out, it was the beginning of the end.  

Have sat and viewed this board many, many times.

Why does Smudger have to be so offensive - apart from the obvious!

Would be interested to see his reaction to someone using the same level of offence to him face to face, instead of hiding behind a keyboard!

Some people want to drive the board out but unless we have some type of sugar daddy to replace them whats the point. Is there anybody out there that actually wants to take over the club and plough millions into us? I belive that the board wants the best for the club and have backed all the managers as much as they could given the fact that most of the clubs at Championship level run at a loss. Some of there decisions have been poor and maybe they have been guilty of going for the cheap option at times but look at Leeds and Bradford, spent silly money and now are paying the price for it. It''s easy to blame the board for everything but the fans do not allways know the real facts when decisions are made. Nigel Worthington was driven out of the club with a number of boycotts but you have to be carefull of what you wish for, as Peter Grant has proved. You could get someone even worse than what you have all ready got.

I have said before that organising a boycott on a messageboard won''t be enough. Only a few hundred fans use this site out of a possible 24000. Would us few boycotting the game be noticed?

You could always try the letter to the EDP again, only this time asking fans to boycott. That may work but only if the EDP are willing to print something which is basically inciting fans to turn against the club. After all we don''t know the alliegance of the EDP (Weather they publish it or not may indicate this however).

[quote user="Forces2Canaries"]

Have sat and viewed this board many, many times.

Why does Smudger have to be so offensive - apart from the obvious!

Would be interested to see his reaction to someone using the same level of offence to him face to face, instead of hiding behind a keyboard!

[/quote]

He still has to have a dig even when people do agree with him (i.e getting the board out). Just because they didn''t from the start they''re still "dimwits". He needs to learn that people do have their own minds to make and their own views to share.

I fear that even when all this Delia business is over and we have an decent investor and a good manager, anything he says will apparently be right and if we don''t agree we''ll be "Dimwits" again. I hate people who think that because they were "right" in the first place about one thing they''ll always be "right" about everything else from then onwards.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

I have said before that organising a boycott on a messageboard won''t be enough. Only a few hundred fans use this site out of a possible 24000. Would us few boycotting the game be noticed?

You could always try the letter to the EDP again, only this time asking fans to boycott. That may work but only if the EDP are willing to print something which is basically inciting fans to turn against the club. After all we don''t know the alliegance of the EDP (Weather they publish it or not may indicate this however).

[/quote]

They would print it, it is a view on the club, and the EDP is going to print a letter even if they don''t agree with the points/contents! Take a look at some of the subjects covered on the letters page! Just depends on how many letters they get that week which are basically legible and the writer has managed to string a couple of sentences together.