Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rider

Radio Norfolk praying!

Just heard a ''Karen Buchanan'' on Rodeo Norfolk sport saying........''Norwich fans will be keeping their fingers crossed that Gary Docherty recovers from injury.......otherwise the only option will be to play the youngsters like Spillane or Halliday''. Oh dear, ''playing youngsters'' - that would never do would it!  

I suppose this reporter was young (once) and someone somewhere deemed she was suitable for a job. Pity she doesn''t seem to want to extend the same opportunity to the youth of today. I found her comments extraordinary. She should be ashamed of herself, perhaps we now know where the club get their attitude towards young players from!   

Karen Buchanan (or someone of similar name) was once editor of 442 mag when it first came out. She is a personal friend of Delia. (Karen used to sit in front of me in the Barclay and occasionally Delia sat with her).

Also, she was very pro Worthington. Of course the caller on R Norfolk might be someone else with the same name?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Karen Buchanan (or someone of similar name) was once editor of 442 mag when it first came out. She is a personal friend of Delia. (Karen used to sit in front of me in the Barclay and occasionally Delia sat with her). Also, she was very pro Worthington. Of course the caller on R Norfolk might be someone else with the same name?[/quote]

she has also worked on football focus and was co author of Iwans book.

she signed my copy.. i dunno why.. i was there to meet Iwan!

jas :)

I sit next to Kaz and am a personal friend of hers, I think she is extremely talented, write''s for broad sheets, edits mag''s and write''s books. How many can say that, she know''s more about Norwich and Football than probably most of us together. Why should she be ashamed when we have our 2 best defenders are out and the next best thing is the Doc, like it or not, we have to have experianced players and yes I do want the youngesters but there has to be a balance.

She aint that old by the way, well closer to 40 than 30, sorry Kaz.

She may be a very nice person, but she knows very little about NCFC.

Tuesday on Radio Norfolk she was asked by the presenter who the 7 players were that were out for that night''s game were?

She had in her notes (which I assume she had prepared) the three suspensions, and two latest injuries. She then got flustered and said maybe it was a mistake. The presenter offered Fozzy which she agreed with and they asked listeners to call in with the seventh!

Sorry but that was awful from a local radio station.

At the time of the Worthy Out campaign she was vociferous in criticising the campaigners purely because Delia had full confidence in him, until the statement by Delia and Michael and she changed her views overnight.  I''m afraid she is an ill informed "fan"

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

Just heard a ''Karen Buchanan'' on Rodeo Norfolk sport saying[/quote]

Yeehaw! following songs by johnny Cash, Toby Keith and Dolly Parton! Rodeo on down Pardner!

sorry couldnt resist. it gave me a chuckle!

jas :)