Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

The Problem With The "He's Not Worth That" Claim by Grant

I back Grant, fully infact, but i can''t see his thinking on this one.

He claims "Several" people he has enquired about are after extremely high wages and "He isn''t worth that". Unfortunately, if the wages are around that for all the players available for loan, you have to take a hint. That IS their value, whether you like it or not.

They may be high, but with others willing to pay, we have to aswell. We can''t afford to be a ''sole club making a stand against inflated wages''. That''ll result in a load of Mk dons reserves; if we''re lucky.

It''s concerning we haven''t got any in yet, however on Anglia Tonight he is quoted saying he''s determined to bring in Three loan players.

Well, here''s hoping [Y]

Agreed, strange thing for him to say. You have to pay the going rate or do without.  Odd that grant suggested he''s been offered the cash by the board and turned it down too. Let'' s face it, barely any club employee  is worth what they''re paid. Football is a trough and the pigs are feedin''........

[quote user="hogesar"]

I back Grant, fully infact, but i can''t see his thinking on this one.

He claims "Several" people he has enquired about are after extremely high wages and "He isn''t worth that". Unfortunately, if the wages are around that for all the players available for loan, you have to take a hint. That IS their value, whether you like it or not.

They may be high, but with others willing to pay, we have to aswell. We can''t afford to be a ''sole club making a stand against inflated wages''. That''ll result in a load of Mk dons reserves; if we''re lucky.

It''s concerning we haven''t got any in yet, however on Anglia Tonight he is quoted saying he''s determined to bring in Three loan players.

Well, here''s hoping [Y]

[/quote]

Crouch & Harper might be available, all we need is that Huckerby fella........

We have heard of a case recently of a second team player in the Premiership who went on loan for £1m for the season. This was the fee, and not the wages. (It makes you realise how generous Fulham were when Tony Warner came, in that they paid some of his wages when he was with us, apparently.)If the story is true, and I forget which club and player was involved, it''s not difficult to see why Grant has drawn back in enquiries about fairly ordinary players, and why he described some targets as "not worth that". All clubs, and especially the Premiership clubs paying bloated wages, will obviously want to cash in as well as giving one of their players more regular football.We have had a string of loan players in the recent past who have contributed very little in their brief period with us, and I can understand Grant''s reluctance to spend good money , except in real emergency, if we can wait until Bosmans become available.