Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Corner infill

i was wondering if we could have some pictures of it?
Anyone know any info about it?
like:
How many seats?
Is it going to be connected to the south stand (jarrold stand) or make one giant stand between the river end and the south stand?
anyone know anything?

Saw it last night at Iwan''s dinner. They''ve done nothing - it''s still just a hole in the ground, construction doesn''t seem to have started. Plus the plastic pitch looks odd!

The final design of the infill will result in a two-tier structure incorporating two viewing platforms for wheelchair users; one behind glass and one in the open-air, both at the mid-level, between the upper and lower tiers of seats. The lower tier will contain around 650 seats, with the upper tier giving a further 850 seats and bringing the total capacity of the stadium up to around 26,000.

The infill will also contain a mix of 40 behind glass and open-air spaces for disabled supporters and their helpers. In addition to the over 40 wheelchair spaces in the New Stand and the 152 seats for the ambulant disabled, the total accommodation for disabled supporters will be significantly better than before.

I think the lower tier will be finished by Christmas, and the upper tier finished by March 2005 if my memory serves me correctly.

I just think it''s really odd that no ''artists impressions'' of the way the infill will look from inside the ground have been published. You don''t suppose they''re making it up as they go along, do you?

wouldnt surpirise me!
Its probably George Burnley started up a building firm so he can buy a better cardboard box!

I''ve just had a horrible thought - maybe Andy and his helper Lou from Little Britain are involved in the design process...

LOU: Okay Andy, now Delia and Mr Worthington have said you can have the final say on which design they use for the corner infill. So which do you prefer - design A, B or C?

ANDY: That one..

LOU: Design C? Are you sure about that now, Andy, ''cos five minutes ago you wanted design B. So it''s definitely design C is it?

ANDY: No I want that one..

LOU: That''s design A, Andy. It''s been two months now, Andy, I think we need to come to a final decision on this. So you''ve plumped for design A, have you?

ANDY: No I want that one..