Sign in to follow this  
Buncey

Going Back a Year.

I am not going to sugarcoat the truth, we could have started better, we''ve had some shocking performances and the team has gelled yet. However, lets look at our fixtures:PNE (A)Soton (H)Hull (A)Cardiff (H)Palace (H)Chalton (A)Wolves (A)Now if we were to look at these fixtures at the start of the season, which we did, I would have been concerned. PNE, Soton, Cardiff, Palace and Wolves were a few of the dominant teams last season. After all PNE and Wolves and Soton both reached the play-offs. Palace and cardiff were both near the top (infact cardiff were top for a while too). These aren''t easy games anyway. Even Hull, the easiest game one could say, was against a struggling team that was good at home, always difficult. (I do understand none of those first 5 teams are doing particularly good however.)This is no excuse for some of the awful performances that we have seen or some of the poor management decision. However, it does show those fixtures in a different perspective. Perhaps to have 9 pts after those matches would have been a good haul (i.e. winning all our home games or beatin PNE), we only have 7, which isn''t too bad. We have now travelled to 3 of the tougher teams at home, PNE are likely to snap out of their bad form.Not all bad. Now we''re past them we can look to wednesday, scunthorpe, QPR and bristol city ( a big team!) and say we can win them all.

It''s not just the results it''s the performances!

We could have been 3 - 0 down against Southampton at half time and in my view were lucky to get what we did against Palace and PNE. Fair enough Cardiff we were unlucky to loose. When the season started there were lots of optomistic shouts that we were on for a play off place. Now, after seeing the new players on the pitch, there are worries about relegation.

The truth is we are somewhere between the two - decidedly and depressingly average.

Agreed STT, we should be able to get a decent run together against these 4, maybe 7-10 points from these 4 matches ?  That said, Scunny and Bristol have started well, Bristol currently lying 4th in the table with 13 points from 7 matches.

No mate preston didnt reach the play offs last yr an awful end of season run cost them, the majority of cardiffs pts came when they were running away with it at the start after that they tailed off to mid table obscurity and palace were as incosistent as us, finally hull were one of the worst teams at home so where ur getting ur facts from i dont know but u need a new source of info we shud have beaten cardiff and hull comfortably.

Also wolves had just been soundly beaten by sheff utd and also at home to hull before we went to molineux and we cudnt even get a save out of their keeper showing how poor we are.

Stop trying to make up positives for our season so far we have been very very poor even the wins over soton and palace were lucky and unless we get at least 7 or 9pts from the next 4games agenst teams that maybe down the bottom grant has to go

Yes I was mistaken, Preston didn''t manage the playoff last season. But the point still stands I don''t think 7 points out of those games is too bad especially with our run coming up starting on saturday. I would expect at least 9 out of the next 12 pts bristol city being the toughest match coming up seeing as they are top. that would leave us on 16 pts after 11 games which isn''t too bad and would puts us around 68 points by the end of the season, and for a bad start that would be good. I am dissapointed in our defeat at home and some of performances and their is room for improvement. But it isn''t all doom and gloom and certainly not if we thrash wednesday tommorow!

Sheffield Weds miles adrift at the bottom of the league? Some defining victory that would be for Grant''s team whom many tipped for the play-offs not so many weeks back.

Anything less than an impressive scoreline will just highlight that the drop is waiting for us come May.....

So Sheffield Wednesday don''t represent what you would like us to be, then Cluck?

Big club, sacked their manager, got in a new, highly rated manager, backed him in the transfer market, high profile club, "sleeping giants", they were everyone''s tip for a play-off place this season and OH ..... look what''s happened.

They''re bottom of the league.

Sorry because a win against WBA will mean we get 6pts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooo a lot better than the measly 3 on offer against Wednesday. Sigh some people.

[quote user="Mook"]

So Sheffield Wednesday don''t represent what you would like us to be, then Cluck?

Big club, sacked their manager, got in a new, highly rated manager, backed him in the transfer market, high profile club, "sleeping giants", they were everyone''s tip for a play-off place this season and OH ..... look what''s happened.

They''re bottom of the league.

[/quote]

I''m only interested in NCFC Mook...and so whatever Sheff Weds are (or were) is of no consequence. Laws is a good manager and I''ll wager that they will finish above us this season. Grant is a loser...Laws has shown he is capable in the job elsewhere.

Should Laws get the push...he''ll come back again elsewhere a wiser man. If Grant eventually get''s the push he will disappear from view.

And didn''t I already state Sheff. Weds. were bottom of the league? Where exactly is your argument?