Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Delia and posterity. A possibility?

If Delia Smith and hubby really want to be remembered for posterity they could transfer ownership of NCFC to the people of Norfolk by transforming NCFC plc into a genuine membership club with a real democratic structure. It''s done this way in some other areas of the world. Yep.

This approach may not provide any silver bullet to address our issues, but at least we would be responsible for our own destiny. And control of the club would remain within the community.

Delia has it within her own hands go down in history as one of the great and good, or be remembered as a pleasant TV personality who got in over her head and failed.

If I wanted a monument to posterity, I know what I would choose.

But does Delia have the soul? That is the big question.

Come on Delia. You have the opportunity to live the dream and be the woman who started a revolution in English soccer. Do you dare to dare?

OTBC

You mean a bit like NCISA Bly, but with say shareholders having the majority of those shares with ST holders and members also having some (but maybe not voting ones). Who would sit on a committee/board and how often would the members be able to vote for changes to those who dealt with decisions?

It would be a great idea, but does the average canary fan have the cash for this? What would it all work out to per fan?

In principle it''s excellent, someone doing something different (the Norfolk motto after all). Though don''t forget there are city fans all over the world, so they must also be able to be involved as well.

How it would work in practice though - would it need a Doncaster figure to ensure it all ran smoothly?

Something like the FC Barcelona model ?  It could be great that, it could also be awful, we could end up voting in a Ridsdale as chairman.  Not only that, you can''t expect them to give away something that they have worked hard for, and spent millions of pounds on.In other words, this suggestion is made by someone who hasn''t given millions of pounds and thousands of hours to the club.  I doubt you would be this altruistic in the circumstances.

Are you suggesting by the word "transfer" that the Simths give away millions, and a large part of their personal wealth? If so, it would be an act of great philanthropy.Or are you suggesting that they sell the shares in small parcels to hundreds of thousands of Norfolk people (and why Norfolk, we have supporters who live over the borders, in fact in most counties.) And what about the other shareholders, including my small holding, who own nearly 40% of all shares? If we ever extend "share" ownership or participation to hundreds of thousands, we then have the practical difficulty and expense of communication with them, to make sure that all receive any information, never mind the problem of attendance at the AGM!I can see the attraction of the idea, but I don''t see how to make it work.

Do you really think she would give up control? I dont.

Remember she wont have one of us on the board.

Even if someone with money came in to buy she/them out there would be an excuse why they wanted to keep control.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

dont worry people its an 88 million Jackpot in Tonights Euro Millions Draw,.. i''ll be the clubs new owner by 8pm tommorow evening!

jas :)

If she were swept away from us into the great beyond, I wonder what would happen to her and hubby''s shareholding? It happens to all of us you know, sooner or later........like it or not.

It all depends if she wants to be remembered for posterity ...and as one of the great and good.

Would I do it if I were in her position. Yes I would, you''re darn right I would, believe it or not. There would be nothing I would rather do.

As I said, it all depends upon how she wishes to be remembered. Because at the moment.......

As for those envisaging endless complexities, I would just say that most revolutions start out with  very simple concept or ideas......and proceed thereafter by conviction.

Still, if you folk prefer the lady of the manor/big bad wolf concept with ''the touching of forelocks in gratitude approach'', then we will continue as is. Unless of course Delia really wants to be one of the great and the good.

Just remember that you and you and you (not me!) gave her her wealth by watching her TV programmes on cold winter nights and buying her books. Life is a two way street. To those to whom much is given....................(come on Vicar in Green and Yellow, finish it for me........I don''t have time to google today.

Yes. Like Barcelona, for example. And we''ve got the monopoly on the necessary catchment area.

It really ain''t that hard folks.

One love. 

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

If she were swept away from us into the great beyond, I wonder what would happen to her and hubby''s shareholding? It happens to all of us you know, sooner or later........like it or not.

It all depends if she wants to be remembered for posterity ...and as one of the great and good.

Would I do it if I were in her position. Yes I would, you''re darn right I would, believe it or not. There would be nothing I would rather do.

As I said, it all depends upon how she wishes to be remembered. Because at the moment.......

As for those envisaging endless complexities, I would just say that most revolutions start out with  very simple concept or ideas......and proceed thereafter by conviction.

Still, if you folk prefer the lady of the manor/big bad wolf concept with ''the touching of forelocks in gratitude approach'', then we will continue as is. Unless of course Delia really wants to be one of the great and the good.

Just remember that you and you and you (not me!) gave her her wealth by watching her TV programmes on cold winter nights and buying her books. Life is a two way street. To those to whom much is given....................(come on Vicar in Green and Yellow, finish it for me........I don''t have time to google today.

Yes. Like Barcelona, for example. And we''ve got the monopoly on the necessary catchment area.

It really ain''t that hard folks.

One love. 

OTBC

[/quote]

I do agree with you this time bly.  It is a lovely idea in principle, and I would dearly love it if it came true.  But it aint ever gonna happen, all it will ever be is a dream.

1. Would you give away £10 million pounds? I can''t say for you. But would most people give away £10 million? No and you can''t expect people to give away what they have worked hard for. Delia has been great to this club, and although people at the moment will question whether her heart is still in it, don''t forget where we were when she and her husband came into the club.2. Clubs in this country are mainly PLC''s. They do not even contemplate a similar system to that in Spain. Why is it that only Spain has clubs that are effectively run by the supporters group. Well I can hazard a guess. One they are typically sporting clubs not football clubs. Sporting clubs play in more than one sport and when were set up generally owned by all the playing staff and stakeholders and this has been passed down (the same things are true in Greece). Secondly, in the days when football started to turn comercial (i.e. the 70''s/80''s) the most organized fans were generally the Firms. Now I don''t think chief exec''s were keen to hand control to the club to the mob. However now that most of the football clubs in this country are run by companies, rich people and board members it is unlikey many clubs will ever revert to the system you say. It is just not logistical to.3. Barcelona do not hold a monoploy of their area. Ever heard of Espanyol? Well they reached the finals of last years UEFA cup, hardly minows and their fans are actually quite passionate ( I met a couple of them whilst on holiday). So hardly a monopoly.

If I had a spare 10 million squid I would buy out Archant and so control the "delete" button on all posts that didn''t agree with me.

Rather like Princess Delia has done with our once fine club infact.......

[quote user="SUPPORT THE TEAM"]. Would you give away £10 million pounds? I can''t say for you. But would most people give away £10 million? No and you can''t expect people to give away what they have worked hard for. Delia has been great to this club, and although people at the moment will question whether her heart is still in it, don''t forget where we were when she and her husband came into the club.

2. Clubs in this country are mainly PLC''s. They do not even contemplate a similar system to that in Spain. Why is it that only Spain has clubs that are effectively run by the supporters group. Well I can hazard a guess. One they are typically sporting clubs not football clubs. Sporting clubs play in more than one sport and when were set up generally owned by all the playing staff and stakeholders and this has been passed down (the same things are true in Greece). Secondly, in the days when football started to turn comercial (i.e. the 70''s/80''s) the most organized fans were generally the Firms. Now I don''t think chief exec''s were keen to hand control to the club to the mob. However now that most of the football clubs in this country are run by companies, rich people and board members it is unlikey many clubs will ever revert to the system you say. It is just not logistical to.

3. Barcelona do not hold a monoploy of their area. Ever heard of Espanyol? Well they reached the finals of last years UEFA cup, hardly minows and their fans are actually quite passionate ( I met a couple of them whilst on holiday). So hardly a monopoly.
[/quote]

But that''s exactly what many of the great and good do. They do good works for posterity and are gratefully remembered by the beneficiaries for ever more. look around you. Are not many of the colleges comprising Cambridge and Oxford Universities, for example, bankrolled by foundation set up by the wealthy for posterity. How are the great museums of our land set up and sustained? How do all the good small folk of the East around Gorleston supplement the central funding of the James Paget Hospital for the benefit of all. It''s just what good people do - give back to the comminity for posterity.

Representatives of ''the mob'' as you term them run this country through parliament. You see, in this country, the queen reigns but does not rule - and generally it works quite well. In my view queen Delia is aware of this, but needs to take it on board and further - into action.

I didn''t say that Barcelona had a monopoly of their area. I said that we do - which is actually an advantage that we have over them.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="SUPPORT THE TEAM"]. Would you give away £10 million pounds? I can''t say for you. But would most people give away £10 million? No and you can''t expect people to give away what they have worked hard for. Delia has been great to this club, and although people at the moment will question whether her heart is still in it, don''t forget where we were when she and her husband came into the club.2. Clubs in this country are mainly PLC''s. They do not even contemplate a similar system to that in Spain. Why is it that only Spain has clubs that are effectively run by the supporters group. Well I can hazard a guess. One they are typically sporting clubs not football clubs. Sporting clubs play in more than one sport and when were set up generally owned by all the playing staff and stakeholders and this has been passed down (the same things are true in Greece). Secondly, in the days when football started to turn comercial (i.e. the 70''s/80''s) the most organized fans were generally the Firms. Now I don''t think chief exec''s were keen to hand control to the club to the mob. However now that most of the football clubs in this country are run by companies, rich people and board members it is unlikey many clubs will ever revert to the system you say. It is just not logistical to.3. Barcelona do not hold a monoploy of their area. Ever heard of Espanyol? Well they reached the finals of last years UEFA cup, hardly minows and their fans are actually quite passionate ( I met a couple of them whilst on holiday). So hardly a monopoly.[/quote]

But that''s exactly what many of the great and good do. They do good works for posterity and are gratefully remembered by the beneficiaries for ever more. look around you. Are not many of the colleges comprising Cambridge and Oxford Universities, for example, bankrolled by foundation set up by the wealthy for posterity. How are the great museums of our land set up and sustained? How do all the good small folk of the East around Gorleston supplement the central funding of the James Paget Hospital for the benefit of all. It''s just what good people do - give back to the comminity for posterity.

Representatives of ''the mob'' as you term them run this country through parliament. You see, in this country, the queen reigns but does not rule - and generally it works quite well. In my view queen Delia is aware of this, but needs to take it on board and further - into action.

I didn''t say that Barcelona had a monopoly of their area. I said that we do - which is actually an advantage that we have over them.

OTBC

[/quote]1. I am socalist and I do believe to a certain extent people should give to their community. Delia not only saved this club but also has gave bucket loads of money at times when we needed it. Why should she keep giving more. Surely she has family who deserve at least part of her fortune.2. Completely ignored my point really. Concentrating on 2 words, so well done on dodging answers again bly.3. On further reading you don''t say barcelona have a majority, although you have put on a different line from everything else except we have a majority, so you could see how it confuses.Anyways my point still stands, unanswered.