Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

EDP Predicted Team - Would be a travesty!!!

I know it''s only a prediction, and guesswork; which is made even harder by all the inkuries and doubts over player fitness, but to say that with huckerby out, Spillane and Rossi J will still be dropped would begger belief.

Brellier apparently looks set to return to the side. WHY? He''s not performed at all and Spillane did more in 90 minutes on tuesday than Brellier did all season.

Grant has got selection dilemmas but if he went with the edp team of

Marshall, Semmy, Murray, Doherty, Drury, Croft, Russel, Brellier, Lappin, Cureton and Brown i''m sure most fans would be tearing there hair out. It would be a similar make up to the side that completly capitualted at wolves, and not reward the performances at Man city

I would still like to see Chris Martin given a run out, he''s eager and that frshness may be worth a goal or two.

i wouldnt mind seeing a similar side to tuesdaay night, but this would include Hucks and be far more positive.

Marshall

Semmy   Doherty   Murray   Lappin

Rossi J  Russell   Spillane

Martin   Cureton     Hucks

Subs: Gilks, Drury, Brellier, Strihavka, Brown

i agree about spillane and brellier, that spillane should start as he performed better then brellier but the problem i see with norwich is that if you include hucks very well but norwich performed better tuesday without him then hav done the last couple of games with him, yes id lov to see martin given a go, i reckon martin and cureton in attack could well compliment each other just like shearer and sutton did for blackburn, i believe we need more deadly crosses in from left and right in order for us to get more goals and i think the only way we can do this is by utilising lappin at left midfield and croft right midfield, which begs the question where does hux play, i reckon hux should play in the front 2 like this         1st choice      cureton  hux       second choice  cureton     martinsubs strrihavka and Bally smart

I thought Doc had a groin injury, that limited his movement, prevented him from running at speed, tackling hard, playing the ball in a controlled manner............

Where as I agree that Jarvis and Spillane would not deserve to be dropped after Tuesdays performance I don''t agree they did more in 90 mins than Brellier did all season. Brellier did as much in 90 minutes against Charlton as either of those did against Man. City ands was one of the few to make any effort at all at Wolves before his sending off.

Good to see the doc is back in your team [*-)]

what do these youngsters have to do to get in the side? they proved they could play well against prem players on tuesday and yet people like brellier cant perform against champs opposition! if grant doesnt paly the kids and city are crap again, that could be the biggest mistake of his time in charge because i for one wont forgive him anymore!!!

Do they know that Doc is fit? If not, or Grant does not want to use him until full recovery (and there is an other game on Tuesday!), then surely Spillane will drop back to CD.On the subject of Hux, his inclusion has always been vital because although his presence unbalanced the team, (he being neither striker nor  winger, but a mixture), and weakened the midfield, he was always a match winner. Other teams feared what he could do, and frequently had two men marking him. I am not sure that he is firing on all cylinders at the moment, and if not how far it is the hip problem. PG will have seen him in training and be able to judge.A fully fit Hux is essential in our attempt to earn 9 points from the next three games. A partially reduced Hux will make the winning less likely, and we should give serious thought to playing a more balanced, passing side, as on Tuesday evening. But everything depends on how much of a recovery Doc has made, I suspect, and we could see both SDpillane and Rossi on the bench. I think that this would be something of a backward step but....I would not be surprised if PG drops Brown after the extended "target man" experiment, and reverts to 4-4-2, in which case Martin could get a run, in an attempt to improve the scoring ratio!

I totally agree that Spillane and Jarvis should keep their places. Why should Brellier come straight back into the team when he let us down so badly at Wolves. He''s not played well all season. Grant says Martin is unlucky because players in front of him are playing so well. WHO!!!! Going by this if Spillane is playing well why should Brellier come in? IMO he shouldn''t even be on the bench.

If Doc doesn''t play today couldn''t Jarvis take his place or even if Brellier has to play couldn''t Spillane play there, his tackling on Tuesday was superb (appart from the booking when he was tiring), he''s tall strong and can pass the ball out of defense! There are so many ifs today because of injuries but todays team selection will go a long way to see if Grant is up to being a decent manager and a fair one!

i agree, hucks needs to be included but last season i thought he did extremly well partnered with martin in attack so i think this is where he should be used to get mor balance to the team cos he can still use his skill to run at attackers, bit like playing the role rooney does for united, sat of a striker yet able to run past a defender and score

I would be very dissapointed if Spillane at least doesnt start. When Chris M got into the team last season it was good to see some young blood and Grant got a lot of credit for bringing him on, where is this desire now to develop our young players? Grant has exactly the same mentality as Worthy, only play the youngsters when there is no other alternative and them drop them irrispective of perfromance as soon as a more senior player is available.

If you earn the shirt by performing well then you should keep it, Brellier needs to know that his indiscipline will will not be rewarded, Grant talks about the need for players to have to have competition for places, well Mr B should have to compete for his shirt. 

Brellier is available (unfortunately?!).  He only got a one match ban because he was sent off for two bookables and one of them was dissent.  Compare that to Dion''s three matches for ''violent conduct'' LOL!

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]Surely Brellier is still suspended after being sent off at Wolves? I thought players had to miss three matches after a red card offence, and by my reckoning Brellier has only missed one.[/quote]

He got two yellows which is only a one-match ban. It is a three-match ban if it is a straight red

i totally agree, wot do our young guys have to do to get a regular place in team?  we have some good young players and we must start to play them as they are far better than some of our squad and they will work twice as hard for the team and fans,.. why cant grant see that,.. i feel so sorry for young players at ncfc as they dont stand a chance of having a decent career here !! ;( .. sort it out grant before the fans turn on you !!

I know this sounds like a cheap shot, but I reckon Grant would select his signings regardless of others outstanding performances every time; couple that with the notion that the Board & Grant feel compelled to field the highest earners (hoping they''ll come good to sell) when available and there we have the same scenario we witnessed with Worthington at the helm, when youth players have to sit it out until a pile of injuries brings them into consideration for inclusion in the first team.

I really do believe that the afforementioned is the mentality of the people that run this club, and that their persistance with obstinance will be its, or theirs, eventual downfall.

Like many discerning supporters here I would be delighted to be proven wrong and have my negativity quelled - the inclusion in the first 11 this afternoon of at least one of the lads (Spillane) with the other on the bench would be a start.

It would be harsh on both youngsters.  And what sort of message does that send out, that it doesnt matter how well you play you are still going to be dropped.  What a great morale booster PG is.......For me this would be as good a reason to sack him as any.

If I were in PG''s shoes I would say to Brellier, you lost your place becuase you were suspended, the boy who replaced you was excellent and is going to continue in your place, you will have to fight to earn it back.  That should provoke a positive reaction from both players, Spillane to try harder to keep his place, Brellier to try even harder to win it back.  Its common sense.

I am also concerned with the comment that PG picks his formation to suit the opposition.  CRAP, pick your best 11 start performing and let the opposition worry about us, not the other way around.

[quote user="jimmy500"]

If I were in PG''s shoes I would say to Brellier, you lost your place becuase you were suspended, the boy who replaced you was excellent and is going to continue in your place, you will have to fight to earn it back.  That should provoke a positive reaction from both players, Spillane to try harder to keep his place, Brellier to try even harder to win it back.  Its common sense.

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more Jimmy - it was pure stupidity that got Brellier suspended and as an experienced pro he should not just walk back into the team (especially as his form so far has been mixed).  Over the next few weeks he is probably the better bet than the youngsters, but at this time they deserve to be given the chance to impress again this afternoon with Brellier on the bench and able to come on if they turn out to be phased by the atmosphere, opposition or Sky etc.