Sign in to follow this  
Keep talking, Joe

Marlon Harewood 'Set to complete a move'

''Norwich are set to complete the signing of West Ham striker Marlon Harewood''

The people this morning. Scored a belter against us at FCR, but no prem experience. I''ve been impressed by him every time he''s played against us but i don''t think he''ll quite cut the mustard with the big boys come august. Still, at least i can put it in all the Hammers'' fans faces who live down here in London SE3.

Ohh, those ipswich fans aren''t too happy with BFJ either are they!

If this is true, which I doubt, I''ll go bloody bonkers!. The guys superb, as long as he''s not played out wide. Pardue (is that spelling correct?) played him there last season, and ruined his performances.

Fingers crossed, Keep talking, Joe.

He would be a great player for us i think. I''ve always liked him and fuller and would love it if either of them came to norwich. Just because he''s never played in the prem, don''t mean he won''t be any good. You could basically say that about all of our players. top signing if it goes through!

Wiz and James you''ve said it all. He''s strong and skilful and could be excellent for us. I shall now spend the next few days with everything crossed (not my eyes, though!) in the hope that I will return to find it has happened.

This would be a great signing! Despite having no prem experience he''s a quality player and can only get better. However I heard a rumour from a nottingham based friend that he''s on his way back to forest! But maybe the chance to play in the premier league will swing it our way!

Have always been impressed when I''ve seen him play and is one of those ''exciting'' type of players who could, potentially, be a great signing for us.

Incidentally the Sunday Mirror links us (for the umpteenth time) with Peter Crouch. Interesting to note that we don''t ever seem to be linked with any defenders ! Pity as this area is in more need of reinforcement than up front...

He has played in the prem, he broke into forests team the season they went down, and i am pretty sure he scored once aswell, but i`ve also heard that he wants to go back to forest,
rather have crouch would`nt you.....

Who would you choose? Crouch or Harewood?
Harewood for me
The quality of his play swings it

I think the price would set them apart too moobag. We could probably grab Harewood from penniless West Ham for under 750K, whereas Villa might still be holding out for nearer the £2M mark for Crouchy.

Have to be honest though, I''d rather have Harewood...

Oh how peoples opinions change! I too think Harewood will be a great signing for us. I placed a post on this board when Forest put him up for sale at 500k and was shocked as just about every reply said he was rubbish and not good enough for us. Half a season later and quite a few bad performances and now everyone agrees with me, how strange?????

i would still go for crouch... i believe he has yet to come to his full potential, and he gives the opposition a headache everytime. Harewood i cant see being any better than svenny boy, is he 6ft 7?
I personally think that we need team spirit to survive, but also need that something ''different'' to gives us an edge... and that would be a striker who''s height is something even msot goalies cant deal with!.. also he can use his feet.
i cant remember many things about harewood, so my viewpoint is a little one-sided, but id get the cash out for crouchy boy

but a defender is needed asap!

What if Crouch does not reach his full potential?
A great investment if it works but do we have the money to risk?
I agree he is an ok player whose height is an advantage & also believe that he would want to play for us, unlike Harewood who would only sign as he wants to play in the Premiership.

But at the end of the day it does boil down to how much the club is willing to spend £2m or 750K - i think we all know the answer to that

Crouch is not a "goalscorer" as such, and therefore I would go with Harewood. Goals is what will keep us in the prem, and anyone that can score a few is welcome here. We need a few more from central mid this year (I''m looking at you, Gary Holt!).

Err, guys? this rumour is from the People.

The People is not worth wiping one''s a*se with, it is below the Sun and on a par with the Daily Sport. They have headlines on the front page about who just got evicted from Big Brother!!! Tsk.

Why either/or?

Lets go for both - they have completely different attributes and would both be worth acquiring. We could afford two on the strength of last weeks Sky announcement.

With our pacey forward line Crouch would be a focal point with his height and general holdup play. Harewood has power and speed coming through from deep.

I say get them both asap and then concentrate on sorting out our defensive cover.