Sign in to follow this  
derehamcanary_fan

itv teletext ratings

itv teletext gave hux a 5 out of ten rating, and this isnt the first time, how fit was he, did he deserve to play when not fully fit, i didnt go to the game and before you all start slagging me off and say i shouldnt have a opinion about the game as i didnt go well heres my answer, i have a life outside of football and today happened to be my sons 3rd brthday which i was busy with his party, and my son is certainly more important then football

He looked slow and disinterested.  He sold a defender a dummy and got a rugby tackle for his trouble, failed to get a shot to a cross with any power, and got an elbow in his windpipe from Kavanagh, who should have been sent off for that. And that''s all that I saw of him (watching from home).  We lacked any attacking threat at all though, it wasn''t just him.  Brown links up well in breaking from the back, but just doesn''t seem to get into attacking positions, leaving the shorter fella Cureton to get to crosses.  We were also lacking in any pace when going forward, time and time again wednesday would have 5, 6, or 8 players back by the time the ball got to their final third.  Not good, and not something that the Brellier, Dublin, Russell or even Smith could do much to improve, I fear.

Hucks is not a happy person right now, and its showing on the pitch. But who can blame him playing with a bunch of rejects and having a manager who has no idea how to manage!

Don''t blame this on Huckerby. The lot of them are not good enough.

Drury, oh deary me.

Croft, dreadful.

Lappin even worse.

Semmy, marking is suspect

Cureton and Brown effort but little impact

The two young ''uns have little chance to shine in such a poor side.

Doc and Murray had a decent game

No its quite clear he is hacked off with Grant. Hucks is very much a player who needs to be motivated to play and at the moment he isnt. I suspect he was dropped by Grant after the outburst following the Wolves performance.

Grant has no man management skills at all and why Delia thought he could do the job , who knows. To get the best out of any team you need many skills few of which Grant possesses. He blames everyone and everything but himself. Injuries, fans not getting behind team, players ill, players too greedy, not greedy enough etc etc.

Everyone could see that last season we leaked goals conceding more goals than all bar Leeds in the League. So if you were manager where would you put the money. No he has relied on Shacks and Doc with Dion in reserve.

He has no one to blame but himself!

to be honest so far this season we seemed to have put in better performances and got slightly better results when hux wasnt playing, maybe its time for him to possibly take a step aside in the club and take on a more coaching role in some of the youngsters to install some of the hart he has for our club in these players, i think hes been fantastic for the club but until hes fully fit and in th right frame of mind then hes at best no better then a reservist, i still stick by my belief that he should be played as a more forward person along side perhaps cureton or martin

he looked bored to be fair, very uninterested and was very suprised when micky spillane came off instead of him. he''s obviously had enough an to be honest i dont care if he doesnt play in the next game cus that was awful. did thin that sheff wed defender deserved a red though, it was a cynical tackle an he knew exactly what he was doing.

to be fair the team id choose is

marshallsemmy  jarvis   murray  shackell             spillanecroft                        lappin           russell      cureton   martin

subs    gilkes, strihavka, brellier, fozzy, smith, dublin

[quote user="ricardo"]

Spot on this.

Huckerby was poor but who wasn''t.

Lappin was a joke.

And yes Doc and Murry did ok. I''d say the Doc was MOM.

Again we allowed a team to totally dominated the midfield and attack our over run defence twice as much as we did to them.

Huckerby doesn''t want to be there it''s clear. I know how he feels.

I feel our players are not great but I don''t think they are as bad at that. (Today’s game).

That is not a team who is pulling together and playing for the manager. We have a very unhappy ship and our Mr Christian (Huckerby) is showing our Captain Bligh (Grant) what he thinks of his management.

[/quote]

Spot on this.

Huckerby was poor but who wasn''t.

Lappin was a joke.

And yes Doc and Murry did ok. I''d say the Doc was MOM.

Again we allowed a team to totally dominated the midfield and attack our over run defence twice as much as we did to them.

Huckerby doesn''t want to be there it''s clear. I know how he feels.

I feel our player are not great but I don''t think they are as bad at that. (Todays game).

That is not a team who is pulling together and playing for the manager. We have a very unhappy ship and our Mr Christian (Huckerby) is showing our Captain Bligh (Grant) what he thinks of his management.

[quote user="derehamcanary_fan"]to be fair the team id choose is

marshall

semmy  jarvis   murray  shackell

spillane

croft                        lappin

russell

cureton   martin

subs    gilkes, strihavka, brellier, fozzy, smith, dublin

[/quote]

That is a bizarre defence. You''ve got Jarvis at centreback (struggled in midfield today) who is never ever cut out to be a central defender. And you''ve got Shackell who is never cut out to be a fullback at leftback.

Murray, Docherty and Marshall can come out of Saturdays game with their head held high.

We were overrun in midfield - Jarvis like his brother nice touch, can play the ball about but is never going to be quick enough or strong enough to make it, Lappin again a fine player with the ball at his feet but not quick enough. Spillane done a good job, skillfull and was getting stuck into the opposition. If his substitution wasn''t down to injury or to prevent him picking up a yellow card then that was ridiculous. Why oh why was Russell dropped? - He would of cut out much of the space that Wednesday had.

Up front was a shambles, none of the players seemed to know what they were supposed to be doing. Hucks looks not on the pace and is living on his name. Brown plenty of effort but he went everywhere in the 1st half bar centreforward and doesn''t even look like scoring. Cureton relys on flick ons and loose balls in the box but is getting neither. Then he was having to compete for high ball and run out of position to get the ball. When he did get the ball he was isolated from his team mates.

Tactically we were a mess. If we play like that on Tues we''ll lose simple as. Many more performances like that and there will be no option but to get rid of Grant.

I''m sure the board din''t appoint Grant with the intention of him being as failure, but they have made errors.

If some investors who could take the club forward bought in then great otherwise the current board would have to do.

Grant now has in my opinion 2 games to turn things around. Scunthorpe though doing well are eminnows at this level and QPR are just outright poor. Two crap performances and defeats against these 2 and Grant would have to walk.