Sign in to follow this  
Green&Yellow Fan

Who do you think Norwich will buy next?

A defender has got to be top of the billing. Who though? I haven''t a bloody clue!! Nothing would surprise me with Worthy! I think he has the ability of really pulling the cat out of the bag so who knows, we could get a big name in!

we need at least three players in , and good ones at that . we may well have won div 1 with ease last season , but we need 3 or 4 quality players otherwise its going to be one hell of a struggle . having said that , worthy isnt daft , he knows this and will at least try to get a couple of biggish names to sign before the season starts .

I think a couple of defenders are a must for us to compete next year. Dean Richards would probably be gettable, i am rather alarmed that worthy seems to be indicating that only 2 or 3 more will be on there way in. Megson already has 3 and is after 6 more, the kind of amount of players that will be needed. Saying that his side is not quite as good as ours. Also, reading in the evening standard the other day and they listed all the london clubs released players. Some quality on there. Anderton would fit in perfectly and if he was going to go pompey he would have been there by now. That no 9 shirt has got to be filled soon too! Any news?

Anderton would be a huge risk. He was an excellent player, but given how small our squad is and our limited funds, could we take a risk on a player who spends more time injured than fit? If we could be sure that injury was unlikely, then I''d love to see him here, but I just think all he''d do is keep our physio busy!

How much would Richards cost?

My opinion is that we may only end up buying one more player this summer but think Worthy may bag another couple of good loan signings

A lot of contracts expired on 30th June. If any free agents were to sign on a Bosman I would expect it very very soon or else not at all. The lack of any action on that front probably means that we will be paying transfer fees but I havn''t a clue who for.

Was there some rumour in News of the World (didn''t buy it) about us buying someone from Celtic, too long a name to remember ?
I look at page 324 on Ceefax for list of newspaper rumours.

Nick