Sign in to follow this  
Dennis The Menace

Get rid of Grant?........But we only just got him!

I don''t think Grant was experienced enough to take on a club already in trouble like Norwich....I can''t believe we are saying Grant out though but its how I feel.....we are in serious trouble and players like Hucks are losing faith in the club....something has to change and quickly.

There are many in the game who have lasted for much less than Grant. It''s the name of a cruel game. That''s why they''re so well paid. Swings and roundabouts.

OTBC

It wasn''t any better under Worthy, what makes it seem so is that we should have improved and learnt from the mistakes of keeping NW too long, we should have appointed a manager with experience and the board should have learnt that investing in off field stuff doesn''t help when you are down in the relegation zone.

Of course they appointed someone eager and cheap, gave him a bit of money, but coined in more in outgoing players, and are still going on about ambition for promotion.

How they have got away with it for so long beats me.

We now have the same lack of hope that we had in those final 12 months in worthys reign.  PG has just got there far faster

You should remember the board''s record with appointing managers is utterly dire.  The board chose Hamilton as manager, reportedly due to his close links to certain board members: Hamilton was diabolical, brought in lots of cheap dross (De Waard, Derveld, Segura, Anselin (who to be fair wasn''t that terrible) and bad loan signings (Steve Walsh, Tony Cottee).  When he was sacked, we only got Worthington by accident as he happened to be in the right place at the right time - and to be fair, gave us two very good years.

Now we''ve got rid of Worthington, Delia''s chosen Grant as manager: he is diabolical, has brought in lots of cheap dross... his loan signings are unproven as yet, but our football is the same standard as under Hamilton... and I''m not sure Jim Duffy is the man to be the next Worthington.

Basically, the board''s track record in managerial appointments is 0%.  Worthy was a happy accident (then an unhappy accident).  Grant''s a muppet.  I''m glad he has no money to spend, as he''d squander it.  But we need to think about paying him off quickly and getting someone else in, and to make this selection with far less cosy chats in hotels and a far more rigorous selection process.