Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

biggest cheer of the day.

a year after worthy went, we''re treated to another home defeat on sky TV against a team with 6 defeats from 7 and bottom of the league.  if their finishing was better, it could have been more.  2 poor sides.  sky''s 1/2 time coverage was entitled ''the doherty threat'' - this produced a large cheer in the lower barclay bar, and howls of laughter as the doc''s 2 ''efforts'' were  replayed from a zillion different angles while 2 sour faced pundits talked it up.  that was our goal threat according to sky in the first half - what a joke, i still don''t know if they were taking the p*ss or not.  this summed it up for me.  how far have we sunk???

I think that''s the biggest concern - as you say, there were two poor sides out there, but one side wanted to play for each other and it wasn''t City.  How poor we are, even allowing for one or two players to come in (Dublin, possibly Shackell) and one or two to drop out.  We seem to have brought in some very very average players who don''t link up well or communicate.  You could hear the Wednesday players shouting to each other and working as a team, but we looked at times like eleven strangers - particularly amongst the midfield.  What on earth do they do at Colney all day?  Maybe they play Halo 3 for team building purposes, but I''d rather they looked at the basics of team play, passing and movement - we clearly aren''t good at it.

That performance yesterday was as bad as anything under Hamilton''s mercifully brief reign, and the number of empty seats might be down to Sky coverage but might also be the first signs of people voting with their feet.  Sadly, money seems to be the only language this board can speak - even if they''re not that fluent in it - and it might be a case now of staying away in the short term to do your club a favour in the long term.

The Doherty Threat - that''s a sentence I never thought I''d hear.  For us, or for them?

I thought the biggest cheer was when Neil Reynolds were sprinting round the pitch to get Micky Spillane a new shirt!