Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana (All Grown Up)

grant out who in?

if we go rid of grant who would you replace him with

i would choose iwan Roberts and malky Mackay

why?

1.they worked well together when they played together.

2.they would be loyal to norwich having played for them.

3.they would want sucess

4. they have a differnt look on the game

5.Roberts if an attacker and help score goals

6.Mackay if a defender and help keep clean sheets!!

so what do you think??

Managers currently unemployed:

Paul Jewell, Neil Warnock, Martin Allen

Managers Currently Employed:

Ian Holloway, Steve Tilson

We need someone with knowledge of the lower leagues imo so we can try and work with a small budget. if not, we do need to gamble on a proven manager like a couple ive mentioned. We cant be going for unproven managers who noone wants or people who have no management experience. But at the moment i dont care:-

Grant Out

I gave him a chance, but today just proved really what ive been saying for the past couple of weeks.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

why?

3.they would want sucess

so what do you think??

[/quote]1. So did Grant and others2.  Ditto3. Ditto4, Ditto5. Thick as mud6. Ditto

3.they would want sucess

so what do you think??

[/quote]

so did Peter Grant when he was appointed!

jas :)

why?

3.they would want sucess

so what do you think??

[/quote]

Noooooooo no no.

A football manager. No rookie.

Christ I''d take Warnock if needs be. I has to be somebody who has experience of player management. I can''t stick Warnock by the way but he gets his team fighting, battling and playing as a team. Something we are crying out for.

Who ever we get would need experience in my book.

Oh get a grip. If Grant goes we need a manager with proven success. Not some ex players who we quite liked. Proven means success at another club, promotion, winning things. Not Iwan, not Newell, not bloody Malky, not another untried novice. We need a Jewell.The board need to understand that the manager is worth putting some serious cash into, monketys and peanuts come to mind, but a really decent manager is going to cost, but relegation will cost more in the long run.

i think there is a portugese chap whos out of a job and whos won a few sunday league tropheys in the last few years, though with our budget he may only be able to get free transfers in, and apparently his last few havent been to good (some german chap call michael baldrick?)

apparently he''s been seen talking to carl cort in asdas as well

As coaches i would support these appointments. But they need to be fronted by a guy who knows what he''s doingNow... Martin Allen...  

I guess what you need is not only a good experienced manager, but also one who has experience of turning a club around when times are bad as well. Martin Allen ticks the boxes for me, but Paul Jewell would be a great appointment, too.

Knowing the Board & wages wise, Newell would be the most realistic option - he more than proved himself at this level by building a fluent & attacking team out of nothing - he motivates players and gets the best out of them - had Luton not been a selling side (even more so than us) I''m adamant he''d have took them into the Premier.

[quote user="SPat"]Oh get a grip. If Grant goes we need a manager with proven success. Not some ex players who we quite liked. Proven means success at another club, promotion, winning things. Not Iwan, not Newell, not bloody Malky, not another untried novice. We need a Jewell.

The board need to understand that the manager is worth putting some serious cash into, monketys and peanuts come to mind, but a really decent manager is going to cost, but relegation will cost more in the long run.
[/quote]

Paul Jewell would seem a good choice to me. Whether he would come to us if a different matter though!

It would have to be Jewell if he''s interested. If not Id offer it to Gary Johnson, had great success with Yeovil on a budget, now doing great with Bristol City.

Kevin Keegan or even Bobby Robson both very experianced and have had teams in the past playing good on the deck attacking football which as a norwich fan is what we all want to see.

Also as we have got limited funds loan signings will be key to getting out of this mess, So we would have a massive advantage with theese guys, not only for the contacts that they must have but also the players actually wanting to come and play for a well respected manager, instead of some former no 2 at wet sham.

Being realistic i.e. we wouldn''t be able to pay compensation to another club for someone who is currently employed it has to be either Paul Jewel or Martin Allen.

Jewel is very unlikely to come here so that leaves Martin Allen - and I have to say I think he would be pretty good. Learnt his trade for a number of seasons at a lower level with Brentford, and obviously wasn''t prepared to put up with Mandric telling him what to do.

That could mean he won''t get it though - Delia would dread the thought of a manager not pulling the party line

[quote user="Shyster"]

Knowing the Board & wages wise, Newell would be the most realistic option - he more than proved himself at this level by building a fluent & attacking team out of nothing - he motivates players and gets the best out of them - had Luton not been a selling side (even more so than us) I''m adamant he''d have took them into the Premier.

[/quote]Yeh but he thinks a womans place is in the kitchen. How would Delia feel about that?Oh wait...